osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Labels not working

aldaffodil

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This contribution has really helped streamline shipping. One more thing besides the one link open double window. Does anyone know how where I can get address stickers to use with with the USPS shipping printout or any ideas. Thanks for your help

I use https://www.labeluniverse.com

They have specific labels just for USPS click and ship.

Anyone know if there is a way to print First Class postage?? Everything through here is Priority or Express. You can print First Class through PayPal... any insight?

This contribution has really helped streamline shipping. One more thing besides the one link open double window. Does anyone know how where I can get address stickers to use with with the USPS shipping printout or any ideas. Thanks for your help

Avery has them & from time to time I may have been known to use a UPS Label. I cut them in half and (5.5 x 8.5) only print the postage side. So basically (1) 8 1/2 x 11 (2 label sheet) will print 2 labels. The receipt half does not print since I really don't use it anyway.

Tony Mazz

• 2 weeks later...
I have also found that even though I changed the filenames.php file to reflect the new filename (diffrentshipping.php), it still appears to be calling the original file (differentshipping.php)... or atleast that is the filename displayed on the navigation bar...

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get the contrib up and running ASAP!

It should be calling differentshipping.php (as this is the php filename in the /admin directory).

However, I am getting this error as well. I'd like to get this running soon. Anyone have any ideas?

This looks like you copied the USPS webpage.

The problem is that you are not using the API they want us to use. You are trying to trick the USPS website.

You should be using the same API we use for the shipping rate lookup.

http://www.usps.com/webtools/shipping.htm

http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm

It would be great if someone would write a module that uses the API.

This looks like you copied the USPS webpage.

The problem is that you are not using the API they want us to use. You are trying to trick the USPS website.

You should be using the same API we use for the shipping rate lookup.

http://www.usps.com/webtools/shipping.htm

http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm

It would be great if someone would write a module that uses the API.

We would use the API if it could purchase postage. It can only calculate postage and print non-postage bearing labels. It has no provision on actually purchasing the postage and printing it out.

A few posts up you will find this...

That automatically sends to USPS the default country is USA. You can do a view source on their shipping site to see the country codes for each country and just replace the "1" with whatever number your country code is.

Hope that helps

My store does 80% USA, 15% Canad and 5% rest of the world. I would be interested in defaulting USA. Does anyone know how to code this

<input type='hidden' name='deliveryCountry' value='1'>

so that it is conditional on the shipping address being USA? Is it 1 because that is the first option in the scroll down menu?

I would be super happy if it defaulted 80% of the time and the rest of the time I would opt for whichever country.

Best regards

Robert

Store Manager, Webmaster, Accountant, Bookkeeper, ... and a lousy coder!

My store does 80% USA, 15% Canad and 5% rest of the world. I would be interested in defaulting USA. Does anyone know how to code this

so that it is conditional on the shipping address being USA? Is it 1 because that is the first option in the scroll down menu?

I would be super happy if it defaulted 80% of the time and the rest of the time I would opt for whichever country.

Best regards

Robert

There might be an easier way. In orders.php have the USPS Label Button appear conditional to Country for Shipping address equal to United States.

Turns out that most of our international orders, even to Canada, require a trip to the post office and customs forms filled in anyhow, so rather have foreign orders not show the option to ship USPS in the orders.php page. Does anyone know how to code this?

• 2 weeks later...

I use CompuLabel labels from Print Plus. They're $12.24 for a box of 100 with free UPS ground shipping.

They are going to yell at you for describing pay services on here, since this is a free program. Even though the whole point of this software is so that we charge people for things. Even though someone telling you how much they paid for something would really help you with your business, they don't want that here.

It is not permitted to post recommendations/rates for commercial services to our forums.
Edited by braclark

They are going to yell at you for describing pay services on here, since this is a free program. Even though the whole point of this software is so that we charge people for things. Even though someone telling you how much they paid for something would really help you with your business, they don't want that here.

How about recommending an different shipping system to use? After months of trying to get happy with Click-n-Ship I purchased a lease on a system for $19/mo. It kicks ass over Click-n-Ship. I can create and stick a label for mailing a product in 30 seconds!

Currently I'm after their tech support to consider letting us get access to an API or modify the code for some osCommerce related enhancements like customized replies to the customer, etc.

:-"

Still having some trouble with this contribution, though I've made all the changes mentioned above. In some cases diffrentshipping.php takes us to the USPS welcome page ("your shipping label is just a clicknship away").

At other times, diffrentshipping.php takes me to the page where you select your service and postage options (priority, express, etc.). However, even if I make it to that page, clicking submit just takes me back to the welcome page and offers an error message.

Anyone else still having trouble?

Still having some trouble with this contribution, though I've made all the changes mentioned above. In some cases diffrentshipping.php takes us to the USPS welcome page ("your shipping label is just a clicknship away").

At other times, diffrentshipping.php takes me to the page where you select your service and postage options (priority, express, etc.). However, even if I make it to that page, clicking submit just takes me back to the welcome page and offers an error message.

Anyone else still having trouble?

Try this, which works for me. Log in; follow the links that bring you to a fresh label page; then use the diffrentshipping.php page. Be sure you select "CREATE NEW LABEL" button if you want to print another label. Otherwise you would check out. I am using Firefox with good success. I have found if I do not select the "CREATE NEW LABEL" button, I get a label dropped and have to go back to re-enter the dropped one. Good luck...

Tony Mazz

Try this, which works for me. Log in; follow the links that bring you to a fresh label page; then use the diffrentshipping.php page. Be sure you select "CREATE NEW LABEL" button if you want to print another label. Otherwise you would check out. I am using Firefox with good success. I have found if I do not select the "CREATE NEW LABEL" button, I get a label dropped and have to go back to re-enter the dropped one. Good luck...

It worked!!! :D I'm using Firefox too, so I wonder if it's a browser thing?

Thanks!

If you do a lot of USPS shipping, might want to have a look at Dazzle by Endicia. Not free, but worth it if you ship a lot. Yes, you have to pay for it. Yes, you get a lot more features. No, I don't get anything.

-jared

Hmmm follow the instructions and installed this package, but I don't see the shipping buttons anywhere in my orders.php page or in my admin anywhere?

I do have the renamed file diffrentshipping.php

Here is my orders.php file

<?php
/*
 $Id: orders.php,v 1.112 2003/06/29 22:50:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

$orders_statuses = array();
 $orders_status_array = array();
 $orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 while ($orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query)) {
$orders_statuses[] = array('id' => $orders_status['orders_status_id'],
						   'text' => $orders_status['orders_status_name']);
$orders_status_array[$orders_status['orders_status_id']] = $orders_status['orders_status_name'];
 }

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
switch ($action) {
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN  JZ  7/7/2005
  case 'accept_order':
  include(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES.'payment/paypal/admin/AcceptOrder.inc.php');
  break;
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
  case 'update_order':
	$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);
	$status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['status']);
	$comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);

$order_updated = false;
	$check_status_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
	$check_status = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query);

if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($comments)) {
	  tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', last_modified = now() where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

$customer_notified = '0';
	  if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on')) {
		$notify_comments = '';
		if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on')) {
		  $notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";
		}

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1';
	  }

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");

$order_updated = true;
	}

if ($order_updated == true) {
	 $messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_UPDATED, 'success');
	} else {
	  $messageStack->add_session(WARNING_ORDER_NOT_UPDATED, 'warning');
	}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
	break;
  case 'deleteconfirm':

tep_remove_order($oID, $HTTP_POST_VARS['restock']);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));
	break;
}
 }

if (($action == 'edit') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'])) {

$orders_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
$order_exists = true;
if (!tep_db_num_rows($orders_query)) {
  $order_exists = false;
  $messageStack->add(sprintf(ERROR_ORDER_DOES_NOT_EXIST, $oID), 'error');
}
 }

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<!-- header //-->
<?php
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php');
?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
 if (($action == 'edit') && ($order_exists == true)) {
$order = new order($oID);
?>
  <tr>
	<td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
<!--			<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><//?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td> -->
<?php
if (strtolower($order->info['payment_method']) == 'paypal' && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['referer']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['referer'] == 'ipn'){
?>
<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYPAL, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','oID','referer'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
} else {
?>
<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','referer'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
}//else not paypal
?>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator(); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_CUSTOMER; ?></b></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->customer['format_id'], $order->customer, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></b></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo $order->customer['telephone']; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="mailto:' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '"><u>' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '</u></a>'; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
		<td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_SHIPPING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->delivery['format_id'], $order->delivery, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->billing['format_id'], $order->billing, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<?php
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
if (strtolower($order->info['payment_method']) == 'paypal') {
include(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/admin/TransactionSummaryLogs.inc.php');
} else {
?>
<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>
	<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
}//else not paypal
if (tep_not_null($order->info['cc_type']) || tep_not_null($order->info['cc_owner']) || tep_not_null($order->info['cc_number'])) {
?>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_type']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
		<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" colspan="2"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS; ?></td>
		<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
		<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TAX; ?></td>
		<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
		<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
		<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
		<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
  echo '		  <tr class="dataTableRow">' . "\n" .
	   '			<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="right">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .
	   '			<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes']) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0)) {
	for ($j = 0, $k = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j < $k; $j++) {
	  echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];
	  if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';
	  echo '</i></small></nobr>';
	}
  }

echo '			</td>' . "\n" .
	   '			<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
	   '			<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "\n" .
	   '			<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '			<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '			<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '			<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n";
  echo '		  </tr>' . "\n";
}
?>
	  <tr>
		<td align="right" colspan="8"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {
  echo '			  <tr>' . "\n" .
	   '				<td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
	   '				<td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
	   '			  </tr>' . "\n";
}
?>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
	  <tr>
		<td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_ADDED; ?></b></td>
		<td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER_NOTIFIED; ?></b></td>
		<td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></b></td>
		<td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
$orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "' order by date_added");
if (tep_db_num_rows($orders_history_query)) {
  while ($orders_history = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_history_query)) {
	echo '		  <tr>' . "\n" .
		 '			<td class="smallText" align="center">' . tep_datetime_short($orders_history['date_added']) . '</td>' . "\n" .
		 '			<td class="smallText" align="center">';
	if ($orders_history['customer_notified'] == '1') {
	  echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'tick.gif', ICON_TICK) . "</td>\n";
	} else {
	  echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'cross.gif', ICON_CROSS) . "</td>\n";
	}
	echo '			<td class="smallText">' . $orders_status_array[$orders_history['orders_status_id']] . '</td>' . "\n" .
		 '			<td class="smallText">' . nl2br(tep_db_output($orders_history['comments'])) . ' </td>' . "\n" .
		 '		  </tr>' . "\n";
  }
} else {
	echo '		  <tr>' . "\n" .
		 '			<td class="smallText" colspan="5">' . TEXT_NO_ORDER_HISTORY . '</td>' . "\n" .
		 '		  </tr>' . "\n";
}
?>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><br><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('status', FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=update_order'); ?>
	<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td>
  </tr>
<!-- Comment Bar modification 1/19/2005 JZ START -->
<tr>
<td><?php include ("comment_bar.php"); ?></td>
</tr>
<!-- Comment Bar modification 1/19/2005 JZ END -->
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	  <tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_STATUS; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('status', $orders_statuses, $order->info['orders_status']); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('notify', '', true); ?></td>
			<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('notify_comments', '', true); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
		<td valign="top"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </form></tr>
  <tr>
<!-- ORDER EDITOR START removed 1 line and added 1 line -->	  
	 <td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>
												 <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a>
											   <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a>
											   <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_CUSTOMERSHIPPINGLABEL, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_labelcustomer.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_LABELCUSTOMER) . '</a>
											   <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_labelshipping.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_DIFFERENTSHIPPING) . '</a>
											   <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a> '; ?></td>
<?php
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
if (strtolower($order->info['payment_method']) == 'paypal' && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['referer']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['referer'] == 'ipn'){
?>
<td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a>
									  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a>
									  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYPAL, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','oID','referer'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
} else {
?>
<td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a>
									  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
}//else not paypal
?>
<!-- ORDER EDITOR END -->
  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
  <tr>
	<td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
		<td align="right"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		  <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('orders', FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'get'); ?>
			<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('oID', '', 'size="12"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'edit'); ?></td>
		  </form></tr>
		  <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('status', FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'get'); ?>
			<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_STATUS . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('status', array_merge(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_ORDERS)), $orders_statuses), '', 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); ?></td>
		  </form></tr>			
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>
		  </tr>
<?php
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'])) {
  $cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);
  // fedex label printing MOD JZ  6/30/2005 old order.OLD.php saved on server
  $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, o.fedex_tracking, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";
} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['status'])) {
  $status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['status']);
  $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, o.fedex_tracking, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";
} else {
  $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, o.fedex_tracking, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";
}
// fedex eof END
$orders_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $orders_query_raw, $orders_query_numrows);
$orders_query = tep_db_query($orders_query_raw);
while ($orders = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_query)) {
if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'] == $orders['orders_id']))) && !isset($oInfo)) {
	$oInfo = new objectInfo($orders);
  }

if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo) && ($orders['orders_id'] == $oInfo->orders_id)) {
	echo '			  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit') . '\'">' . "\n";
  } else {
	echo '			  <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id']) . '\'">' . "\n";
  }
?>
			<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id'] . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'preview.gif', ICON_PREVIEW) . '</a> ' . $orders['customers_name']; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo strip_tags($orders['order_total']); ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo tep_datetime_short($orders['date_purchased']); ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo $orders['orders_status_name']; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo) && ($orders['orders_id'] == $oInfo->orders_id)) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>
		  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
		  <tr>
			<td colspan="5"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
			  <tr>
				<td class="smallText" valign="top"><?php echo $orders_split->display_count($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS); ?></td>
				<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo $orders_split->display_links($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'oID', 'action'))); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

switch ($action) {
case 'delete':
  $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . TEXT_INFO_HEADING_DELETE_ORDER . '</b>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('orders', FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=deleteconfirm'));
  $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_DELETE_INTRO . '<br><br><b>' . $cInfo->customers_firstname . ' ' . $cInfo->customers_lastname . '</b>');
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('restock') . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_RESTOCK_PRODUCT_QUANTITY);
  $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');
  break;
default:
  if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo)) {
	$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>[' . $oInfo->orders_id . ']  ' . tep_datetime_short($oInfo->date_purchased) . '</b>');
// Start Order Editor Contribution 1/13/2005 JZ
	// $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=delete') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a>');
	// $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a>');
// fedex label print mod START JZ  6/30/2005

// first determine whether this is on the test or production server to send
			// in the url (there may be a better place to do this...)
			$value_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SERVER'");
			$value = tep_db_fetch_array($value_query);
			$fedex_gateway = $value['configuration_value'];	

// check for a fedex tracking number in the order record
// if yes tracking number, show "fedex label," "track" and "cancel" options
			$fedex_tracking = $oInfo->fedex_tracking;

// get the current order status				
			$check_fedex_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . $oInfo->orders_id . "'");
   	$check_fedex_status = tep_db_fetch_array($check_fedex_status_query);

if ($fedex_tracking) {
				// display the label
				$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="fedex_popup.php?num=' . $fedex_tracking . '&oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '">' . tep_image_button('button_fedex_label.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_FEDEX_LABEL) . '</a>');

// track the package (no gateway needs to be specified)
				$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_TRACK_FEDEX, 'oID=' .$oInfo->orders_id . '&num=' . $fedex_tracking) . '&fedex_gateway=track">' . tep_image_button('button_track.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_TRACK) . '</a>');

// cancel the request				

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIP_FEDEX, 'oID=' .$oInfo->orders_id . '&num=' . $fedex_tracking . '&action=cancel&fedex_gateway=' . $fedex_gateway) . '" onClick="return(window.confirm(\'Cancel shipment of order number ' . $oInfo->orders_id . '?\'));">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel_shipment.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_CANCEL_SHIPMENT) . '</a>');
			}
// if no fedex tracking number, AND if the order has not been manually marked "delivered,"
// display the "ship" button

//				elseif ((!$fedex_tracking) && (($check_status['orders_status']) != 3)) {
				elseif ((!$fedex_tracking) && (($check_fedex_status['orders_status']) != 3)) {			
				$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIP_FEDEX, 'oID=' .$oInfo->orders_id . '&action=new&status=3') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_ship.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_SHIP) . '</a>');
			}

// END fedex label MOD JZ 6/30/2005
	// $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_DATE_ORDER_CREATED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->date_purchased));
	$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_details.gif', IMAGE_DETAILS) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=delete') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a>');
	$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_DATE_ORDER_CREATED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->date_purchased));
// End Order Editor Contribution
	if (tep_not_null($oInfo->last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_DATE_ORDER_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->last_modified));
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_PAYMENT_METHOD . ' '  . $oInfo->payment_method);
	if (strtolower($oInfo->payment_method) == 'paypal') {
	include_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/functions/general.func.php');
	$contents[] = array('text' => TABLE_HEADING_PAYMENT_STATUS . ': ' . paypal_payment_status($oInfo->orders_id) );
}
//end PayPal_shopping_Cart_IPN
  }
  break;
 }

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {
echo '			<td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;
echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '			</td>' . "\n";
 }
?>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Hmmm follow the instructions and installed this package, but I don't see the shipping buttons anywhere in my orders.php page or in my admin anywhere?

I do have the renamed file diffrentshipping.php

Here is my orders.php file

You didn't modify your orders.php file. The contribution comes with an orders.php file, so you need to do a file compare and see what parts need to be added to your file.

• 3 weeks later...

Best regards

Robert

This is what I did to default to USA.

Edit customershippinglabel.php and differentshipping.php. Search for saveLabelInformation.do and replace with saveLabelInformation.do?deliveryCountry=1

This will default the country drop down to 1 which is USA.

Here's the full line before

<span style="display:none">Your sign in session will expire after 15 minutes of server inactivity. In order to maintain your data stored in this session, you will need to navigate to another page in this application within that timeframe.</span><form action="https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/saveLabelInformation.do" method="post" onsubmit="">

after

<span style="display:none">Your sign in session will expire after 15 minutes of server inactivity. In order to maintain your data stored in this session, you will need to navigate to another page in this application within that timeframe.</span><form action="https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/saveLabelInformation.do?deliveryCountry=1"'>https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/saveLabelInformation.do?deliveryCountry=1" method="post" onsubmit="">

To default to a different country, once the page with the drop down is up (https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/saveLabelInformation.do?deliveryCountry=1) and view the source and locate the country you want. Replace the country number with the one you want.

ex:

<option value="1" selected="selected">United States</option>

<option value="12268">Abu Dhabi</option>

<option value="10440">Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)</option>

<option value="12130">Admiralty Islands</option>

<option value="10345">Admiralty Islands (Papua New Guinea)</option>

<option value="12076">Afars</option>

<option value="10000">Afghanistan</option>

<option value="12131">Aitutaki</option>

<option value="10314">Aitutaki (Cook Islands) (New Zealand)</option>

USPS sign in problem. When I try to print a label without first signing in the usps site I get the following:

[servletException in:/jsp/pages/labelDataCollection/labelInformation.jsp] Index: 0, Size: 0'

The left hand side wherer my company info is displays ok but the right hand side where the shipping information is shows the above error.

To fix this I have to sign in, click on the Print Shipping Label link on top of the page and click on the Go button in the "To which destination would you like to ship" box. Once the following page displays with empty fields in the shipping info I close the browser window and go back to the admin area to print the label and this time it works ok with the exception that the "Shipping from Zip code" radio buttons are no longer selected.

Anyone has any idea why this is?

Thanks,

Hi,

I am having a problem with the API Soultion posted by Atmoic Design Gho5t.

Got my API approved by USPS etc, but when I press the button first time I spits back the tiff file, but completely empty and the second and all other pushes returns in debug mode

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error processing resource 'http://www.mediatechholdings.com/admin...

<br />

-^

Checked some stuff online about broswer security, made the changes, tried on the Mac same problem.

Any ideas?

Great contribution for those of us who DONT need to print the shipping

Thanks!!!