• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Defalt USPS Shipping Module Parcel Post To High

donaldgentry

I have my web tools account and I have the united states postal server module installed and when I was testing I notices that the parcel post amount was way too high.

Here is the info I have on the problem, anyone have a similar problem?

Shipped from Postal 95835 to 95835

4lbs package set under the product

2 dollars handling fee set under the module

All the shipping setings under configuration like tare are off

Type OsCommerce shows Should Be

Express Mail $26.20 26.20

Priority Mail $7.30 7.30

Parcel Post $7.08 5.73

Edited by donaldgentry

Ok here is what I seem to be seeing, the usps module appears to be sending all packages as Large in size in the XML string passed to the USPS web service.

There is one odd thing if I set the tare(packaging) to zero weight wich I do anyway, and the percentage increse to 10 percent for large packages the shipping cost actualy goes down and the weight shown is higher. It seems in that situation it is passing "REGULAR" to the we service, very odd indeed.

Im calling a friend who actual reads PHP gonna hard code the web call to Regular.

I cant find anywere in the interface or in the SQL server were large is defined, or oversize for that matter, wich might exsplain why its calculating wrong. There is no information in the database that will it allow it do be done right.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong, I so want to be )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I also am having the exact same experience. Please do post if you find an answer.

Thanks!

Joe

I was having the same problem except parcel post was more than priority mail. After searching the forums page after page the only thing I could come up with was something about non machinable and to install usps methods. Even then some of the posts stated even that mod didn't solve their problem. Then tonight after trying one more time I came across the solution. It's very simple and is as follows:

Go to catalog/includes/modules/usps.php and about 1/4 down the page there is a section (don't know exactly what it's called) but has something like this:

set non machinable 'false'

Change the false to true and should correct this problem. It did for me :D and I hope this will for anyone who is experiencing the same problem without having to install a contrib.

Cheers,

Terry

• 2 years later...

I've followed all the posts, installed USPS contrib 2006-05-27 04:59:07Z ++++ modified as USPS Methods 2.7 03/26/04 by Brad Waite and Fritz Clapp ++++, run the sql updates and I'm still having parcel post coming up about $3 over express and not matching what's on the USPS site. I'm rather at a loss here, and since this is the most-used option for my site, I really need to get it working. I also tried setting machinable to no avail.

Any thoughts, and any other info I can post? I don't seem to be the only one having this problem, but I'm buggered as to why so many people have resolved it with the steps listed here (thank you!) and I can't seem to.

I've followed all the posts, installed USPS contrib 2006-05-27 04:59:07Z ++++ modified as USPS Methods 2.7 03/26/04 by Brad Waite and Fritz Clapp ++++, run the sql updates and I'm still having parcel post coming up about $3 over express and not matching what's on the USPS site. I'm rather at a loss here, and since this is the most-used option for my site, I really need to get it working. I also tried setting machinable to no avail.

Any thoughts, and any other info I can post? I don't seem to be the only one having this problem, but I'm buggered as to why so many people have resolved it with the steps listed here (thank you!) and I can't seem to.

Even worse, I've introduced an error: Now, when I hit "edit" from the configuration panel I get: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL, expecting ')' in /home/skyspet3/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1". I tried restoring the backup I took prior to the USPS install and that doesn't resolve it. Anyone feel like helping a newbie here?

Brent

Even worse, I've introduced an error: Now, when I hit "edit" from the configuration panel I get: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL, expecting ')' in /home/skyspet3/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1". I tried restoring the backup I took prior to the USPS install and that doesn't resolve it. Anyone feel like helping a newbie here?

Brent

Brent:

I saw a fix from someone named Scott in the USPS Methods Contribution thread. Last couple of pages. It is important to follow the instructions on changing the database table.

Jim

I have my web tools account and I have the united states postal server module installed and when I was testing I notices that the parcel post amount was way too high.

Here is the info I have on the problem, anyone have a similar problem?

Shipped from Postal 95835 to 95835

4lbs package set under the product

2 dollars handling fee set under the module

All the shipping setings under configuration like tare are off

Type OsCommerce shows Should Be

Express Mail $26.20 26.20

Priority Mail $7.30 7.30

Parcel Post $7.08 5.73

I installed USPSMethods_2.8b today and it has listed a fix to parcel post being higher than priority and I though it might fix this issue but it did not, nice to be able to shut off exspress mail though )

Go to catalog/includes/modules/usps.php and on line 74 change this setting to true it will look like this. $this->_setMachinable('True'); hope this helps it resolved my problem. i am also trying to take express out of the options.

• 4 months later...
Go to catalog/includes/modules/usps.php and about 1/4 down the page there is a section (don't know exactly what it's called) but has something like this:

set non machinable 'false'

Change the false to true and should correct this problem. It did for me :D and I hope this will for anyone who is experiencing the same problem without having to install a contrib.

Cheers,

Terry

I was having the same issue. The code in my shipping module file was:

$this->_setMachinable('False');

I set it to True & it works like a charm now. Thanks for everyone's help!

Grace

• 11 months later...
Brent:

I saw a fix from someone named Scott in the USPS Methods Contribution thread. Last couple of pages. It is important to follow the instructions on changing the database table.

Jim

change configuration -> set_funtion to TEXT from VARCHAR in phpmySQL and it will work