• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 new stores about to go live

RyanSmith

4hstore.com

cyostore.com

Two new osCommerce sites are about ready to go. I finished setting up the final DNS and e-mail accounts today, and everything appears to be working fine. These two new sites are my first attempt at osCommerce stores using the Multi-Stores contrib.

It doesn't really look like it from the front end, but quite a bit of custom code and contributions went into this site. I made quite a bit of custom code so that the entire layout is configurable from the admin. However, after I implemented this, I realized that I loose out on the benefit of cached stylesheets, so I'll probably come back and make these static stylesheets now that the layout is done.

There was also a considerable amount of effort that went into having QBI function correctly with our implementation of osC. It looks like it's going to work really well from a book keeping point of view, so I'm pleased about that.

Another thing about this project is that I spent a considerable amount of time teaching myself PhotoShop for all the product images, so I would love to hear peoples opinions on how the product images came out. Several of the images had to be manipulated to change colors, and almost all of them had to have a logo added to them.

I would love to hear any comments about layout, functionality, or speed of the sites, as well as photos and product description comments (I find the descriptions to be the most tedious part).

Thanks to the community for all their help!

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

When you add an item and then press 'Top' the shopping cart empties.

Thats the only major functionality flaw I noticed. I like the colour scheme and layout. The overall design is good to me. Product info pages are good. Enough detail and well organized without being overbearing. Good job!

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

When you add an item and then press 'Top' the shopping cart empties.

Thats the only major functionality flaw I noticed. I like the colour scheme and layout. The overall design is good to me. Product info pages are good. Enough detail and well organized without being overbearing. Good job!

Thanks for your reply, I was starting to think I was never going to get one. I'll figure out why that 'Top' isn't working later this morning. Probably something with the cookie path, or I missed a tep_href_linkl, either is likely.

Thanks again.

Nice design overall, you may want to check when you goto login page the browser complains for mixed content of secure and non-secure items.

Also in the forum under the FAQ the back to top doesn't work

Nice design overall, you may want to check when you goto login page the browser complains for mixed content of secure and non-secure items.

Also in the forum under the FAQ the back to top doesn't work

Thanks, I thought that I had all those paths sorted out so you don't get the secure/non-secure items, but apparently I haven't.

The forum was kind of a value added sort of feature that wasn't part of the initial scope, so I didn't really spend much time testing it. I have a feeling that no one will use it anyway, but I'll check it out and see if I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

I like 'em both - clean, functional and I'd definitely buy which I suppose is really what counts.

Nicely done.....

vee

Thanks,

I'm glad to see that you would buy from our site. Just wondering, I spent quite a bit of time on the products description text because my PM felt that it was important. I think that it does give it a more professional feel, but I have a feeling that no one ever reads that text. What does everyone think?

• 4 weeks later...
I think your http://cyostore.com/ site looks GREAT!

One non-OSCommerce related question though. If you are selling clothing to "youths"...why are almost all of the photos of "adults" wearing the clothing?

I think that it might be to both youths and adults. Most of the images are stock images. We didn't have the funds to do a photo shoot for each of the products, but that is somthing that we plan on replacing in the future when the money is there.

Thanks for the kind words.

Archived