• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Previous Next Links from image to text

I installed the prev/next contribution and want to change the image links to text links. The links are on the products_info.php page and the image links to the next item in the category. would anyone know how to do this?

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><a href="<? echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=$previous&cPath=$cPath"); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_prev.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_PREVIOUS); ?></a></td>

<!-- <td align="center" class="main"><?php echo (PREV_NEXT_PRODUCT); ?> <?php echo ($position+1 . "/" . $counter); ?><br><?php echo (PREV_NEXT_FROM) ?> <?php echo ($category_name_row['categories_name']); ?></td> -->

<td align="center" class="main"> <?php echo ($position+1 . " of " . $counter); ?></td>

<td align="center" class="main"><a href="<? echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=$next_item&cPath=$cPath"); ?>"> <?php echo tep_image_button('button_next.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_NEXT); ?></a></td>

</tr>

thanks

Elizabeth

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a quick fix for you Beth

<tr>
       <td align="center" class="main"><a href="<? echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=$previous&cPath=$cPath"); ?>">

<?php echo "PUT YOUR LINK TEXT FOR PREVIOUS HERE"; ?>

</a></td>
<!--        <td align="center" class="main"><?php echo (PREV_NEXT_PRODUCT); ?> <?php echo ($position+1 . "/" . $counter); ?><br><?php echo (PREV_NEXT_FROM) ?> <?php echo ($category_name_row['categories_name']); ?></td> -->
       <td align="center" class="main"> <?php echo ($position+1 . " of " . $counter); ?></td>
       <td align="center" class="main"><a href="<? echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=$next_item&cPath=$cPath"); ?>"> 

<?php echo "PUT YOUR LINK TEXT FOR NEXT HERE"; ?>

</a></td>
     </tr>

think that should be it

always here to offer some useless advice....

Thanks for you reply. I tried the code above and it does not work. I do get the text links but the previous button takes you to the link http://oldworldcharms.net/-p-N.html

and the next button takes you to http://oldworldcharms.net/-p-.html

Is it possible that the code does not work with Ultimate SEO contribution.

The link also shows 1 of (this is the code that shows how many items are in the category) is it possible to remove that.

Thanks

Elizabeth

Apologies for the code not working.

I have not used Ultimate SEO so cannot really comment on that. All i changed on the code you gave me was the actual operator, (the image that you click). I just replaced them with text instead - e.g.

<?php echo tep_image_button('button_prev.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_PREVIOUS); ?>

became

NEW TEXT

I cannot see where the problem is as the link will not have been changed, just the thing that you click has been changed.

always here to offer some useless advice....