• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easypopulate ver2.75

mhela

hi there!

is there anyone who knows how to upload the file from easypopulate.

i already tried many ways to upload the file but then nothing has succeed on uploading the text file.

theres no error has been reported when im uploading the text file.here are the things that i've done before uploading the file.

1.i clean my database..categoreies and products.

2.fill in a little amount of sample data

3. downloading the sample text file.

4. editing the txt file to excel (tab limeted)

4.1. first row has a name of field

4.2. check if the categories exist before adding a products

4.3. data includes only 30 products to make sure it will upload accordingly to the timeout process

5. saving, uploading into the creLoaded admin.

but things wont work well...no errors and no updates are made in the dataabse

this is the text file that downloaded through the admin...

v_products_idv_products_model v_products_image

v_products_image_med v_products_image_lrg

v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1

v_products_image_sm_2 v_products_image_xl_2

v_products_image_sm_3 v_products_image_xl_3

v_products_image_sm_4 v_products_image_xl_4

v_products_image_sm_5 v_products_image_xl_5

v_products_image_sm_6 v_products_image_xl_6

v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1

v_products_head_title_tag_1 v_products_head_desc_tag_1

v_products_head_keywords_tag_1 v_products_price

v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added

v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1

v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4

v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status v_action EOREOR

i just foolow the template field as follows and i never forgot to put EOREOR at the end of each row.

i hope iv_products_id v_products_model v_products_image v_products_image_med v_products_image_lrg v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1 v_products_image_sm_2 v_products_image_xl_2 v_products_image_sm_3 v_products_image_xl_3 v_products_image_sm_4 v_products_image_xl_4 v_products_image_sm_5 v_products_image_xl_5 v_products_image_sm_6 v_products_image_xl_6 v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_head_title_tag_1 v_products_head_desc_tag_1 v_products_head_keywords_tag_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status v_action EOREOR

iam really stcuk on this tons of products to be upload...hope u can help me here:)

• 1 month later...
hi there!

is there anyone who knows how to upload the file from easypopulate.

i already tried many ways to upload the file but then nothing has succeed on uploading the text file.

theres no error has been reported when im uploading the text file.here are the things that i've done before uploading the file.

1.i clean my database..categoreies and products.

2.fill in a little amount of sample data

3. downloading the sample text file.

4. editing the txt file to excel (tab limeted)

4.1. first row has a name of field

4.2. check if the categories exist before adding a products

4.3. data includes only 30 products to make sure it will upload accordingly to the timeout process

5. saving, uploading into the creLoaded admin.

but things wont work well...no errors and no updates are made in the dataabse

this is the text file that downloaded through the admin...

v_products_idv_products_model v_products_image

v_products_image_med v_products_image_lrg

v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1

v_products_image_sm_2 v_products_image_xl_2

v_products_image_sm_3 v_products_image_xl_3

v_products_image_sm_4 v_products_image_xl_4

v_products_image_sm_5 v_products_image_xl_5

v_products_image_sm_6 v_products_image_xl_6

v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1

v_products_head_title_tag_1 v_products_head_desc_tag_1

v_products_head_keywords_tag_1 v_products_price

v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added

v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1

v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4

v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status v_action EOREOR

i just foolow the template field as follows and i never forgot to put EOREOR at the end of each row.

i hope iv_products_id v_products_model v_products_image v_products_image_med v_products_image_lrg v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1 v_products_image_sm_2 v_products_image_xl_2 v_products_image_sm_3 v_products_image_xl_3 v_products_image_sm_4 v_products_image_xl_4 v_products_image_sm_5 v_products_image_xl_5 v_products_image_sm_6 v_products_image_xl_6 v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_head_title_tag_1 v_products_head_desc_tag_1 v_products_head_keywords_tag_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status v_action EOREOR

iam really stcuk on this tons of products to be upload...hope u can help me here:)

I'm having the same problem. I've been doing everything according to the book as well. my sample download looks fine, its set for tab deliminated, i have no funny characters in my descriptions, i just can't get the edited file to change my database.

well i fixed mine. I'm running the test store on a loca machine, and needed to change my document root in admin/includes/configure.php to:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'C:\WebServ\wwwroot\htdocs'); // where the pages are located on the server

and in easypopulate.php:

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

For the first time i am able to create EP files in the temp dir, and when i upload something i get results:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\WebServ\temp\php3B.tmp

User filename: TEST.txt

Size: 3900

| 1 | 68601-6860 | Pinnacle T | 6 D-Rings | | | | | | | | 150 | 0 | | 9/21/2005 | 1 | 2 | Size | Gr??e | Talla | 14 | Small | | | 0 | 15 | Medium | | | 0 | 16 | Large | | | 0 | 17 | Extra Larg | | | | 18 | Extra Smal | | | | 3 | Model | Modell | Modelo | 6 | | | | Elk River, | Fall Safet | Harnesses | | --none-- | Active Updated

| 2 This |

My changes, however are not showing up in the site. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

ok, i deleted all the items from my catalog and tried uploading a text file. it does update, but i can only get it to see the first item in my spreadsheet. i know ive read about this same problem here. im hoping its something simple.

Ok, I'm starting to go insane. No matter what I do, only the first row is updated.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_name_2 v_products_description_2 v_products_url_2 v_products_name_3 v_products_description_3 v_products_url_3 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

I thought it could be some funny business with my descriptions, so i did a few test products with names like test1 and descriptions of just a couple words. all had unique model numbers. as simple as possible. still, only the first product was updated.

Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

ok, i think i might be running php5. i could have sworn i installed php4 because i thought os commerce wasn't compatible with 5, though ive been using it for weeks with few major issues.

is there any way to use easypopulate with php5?

I am having the same problem. There are no errors. File is inserted in the DB and i see this message

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\Program Files\xampp\tmp\phpBF.tmp

User filename: EP_Split1.txt

Size: 115010

but there is nothing in the DB.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

I am having the same problem. There are no errors. File is inserted in the DB and i see this message

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\Program Files\xampp\tmp\phpBF.tmp

User filename: EP_Split1.txt

Size: 115010

but there is nothing in the DB.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I'm using v2.76, though.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Edited by Haitashi

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

most likely the temp directory, these questions can possibly be answered by reading the easypopulate contribution support thread, near the end.

all the problems relate to the same thing, where people do not follow the DOCUMENT_ROOT setting

i "simply" wasn't using php4. i ended up switching from webserv to xampp. now its working, though i'm getting "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported" errors when all syntax is correct. i'm still trying to solve that one.