• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express Bug

OK I've had the paypal express module installed. It seems to work fine for some customers, but for others it just seems to loop them back to the billing address section each time.

Anyone else having this problem or have any idea as to why this is happening?

Any help or ideas would be most appreciated, otherwise I'm going to be scrapping the entire paypal payment section and going with Worldpay for transactions.

cheers,

Joe

OK I've had the paypal express module installed. It seems to work fine for some customers, but for others it just seems to loop them back to the billing address section each time.

Any help or ideas would be most appreciated, otherwise I'm going to be scrapping the entire paypal payment section and going with Worldpay for transactions.

cheers,

Joe

Well If the Billing address does not match the sghipping address then paypal returns an error and code takes you bac without stating anythng.

had done WPP on 6 sites so you can be sure on.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Well If the Billing address does not match the sghipping address then paypal returns an error and code takes you bac without stating anythng.

Satish Mantri

So the billing and shipping address on paypal must match exactly? What about people that already have paypal accounts setup. Their paypal account billing info may not match that of their shipping address on the site.

If this is the case then the express module is pretty much useless if a buyer wants to purchase something as a gift and have it sent to another address other than the billing.

How was you able to resolve and overcome the problem when customers using paypal wanted the item sent to a address other than their biling address? This is being used in the UK for UK/EU countries if that makes any difference.

It continues to simply loop the customers back to the start of the checkout process, they select paypal again, fill in all their billing details as requested, continue on and then get looped back to only start all over.

Satish Mantri

Does this mean that we can simply put in a hack to have it send the billing address in place of the shipping address when it transmits to paypal, and that should get around the problem?

Richard Lindsey

cheers,

Joe

This question has been answered in the support thread. It's not a bug. What happening is when a customer back from the paypal site, the module will check if his paypal billing name is the same as his osc billing name(paypal only provides billing name. paypal doen't want to share with us their users billing information). If not, he will be sent to the payment address page to change his billing address. The problem is no warning message displayed when this happening. I know it's confusing. So this feature has been removed in V0.91

This question has been answered in the support thread. It's not a bug. What happening is when a customer back from the paypal site, the module will check if his paypal billing name is the same as his osc billing name(paypal only provides billing name. paypal doen't want to share with us their users billing information). If not, he will be sent to the payment address page to change his billing address. The problem is no warning message displayed when this happening. I know it's confusing. So this feature has been removed in V0.91

Thanks for the info :) I've tweaked his install of the software to accomodate the fact that he's in the UK and using the Display Prices with Tax option, as that was causing problems at paypal's end w/ the totals not adding up correctly, and everything looked to be working just fine until this problem had popped up, and I couldn't figure out where the hell it was at :D Thanks to that little tidbit above, I found where the problem was and commented it out, so we'll see if that fixes it :)

Richard Lindsey