• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change Header Title & Table header titles

bitronbiz

I firstly apologise, I started months ago with no knowledge and got this far. Have read all forums and can't understand how to alter the names in header title and table header titles, tried header.php and index.php and all I can seem to do is stuff things up. I am way out of my depth...but so close to finishing it. I don't understand "breadcrumbs" and very little else as well.

If someone could look at http://bi-tronaustralia.com/ecommerce/os/c...19cf641ba39b73d

for me and explain where I went wrong. I would greatly appreciate it.

Keep in mind that I am a total dummy at this.

:'(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Are you talking about the text at the top of the browser?

Most of the title text is in catalog/includes/languages/english.php

The browser text is on line 48 and the other category headings are down further.

This is the category box one:

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Categories');

You would change the word 'Categories' like this:

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'new name goes here');

Hi,

The browser text is on line 48 and the other category headings are down further.

Thanks for your help. I had been doing everything right, but kept getting parse and string errors.

After a confirmation that I was on the right track from Monica I realised that I needed to edit the file "externally" although it was supposed to work from where I was. The first time I repeated the changes in Dreamweaver instead of file manager it was solved.

Now I can grow my hair back.

Thanks to all of you for your assistance especially Monica.

Kev

Hi,

Thanks for that - exactly what I was trying to find out. However....

When I click on a product to enlarge it, the popup window comes up and the page title on that is the product title - i want the product_info.php page to do the same so that when you click into the product (before enlarging the picture) the page title is the title of the product.

I copied the same code from the popup_image.php file into product_info.php but it just gave me the web address in the title bar. Heres the code i put in:

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_info.php,v 1.97 2003/07/01 14:34:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, p.products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo $products['products_name']; ?></title>

Now can someone explain to me why that does not show the product title in the same way it does on the popup_image.php page?

Many thanks,

Andy

• 2 years later...

I would like to revive this thread.. I'm having troubles changing the header title myself.

I was able to change the "What's new here?" by editing this line -- define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\s new here?'); -- from osc\includes\languages\english\index.php but I can't seem to find the line where I can change the word categories.

I tried modifying this line -- define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories'); -- but it has no effect.

below is the source code of languages\english\index.php

<?php

/*

$Id: $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes. <b>Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Error Messages</b><br><br>If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.<br><br>Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete <span class="messageStackError">background</span> color.<br><br>Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Editing Page Texts</b><br><br>The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:<br><br><nobr class="messageStackSuccess">[path to catalog]/includes/languages/' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT . '</nobr><br><br>That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">Languages->' . ucfirst($language) . '->Define</nobr> or <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">Tools->File Manager</nobr> modules.<br><br>The text is set in the following manner:<br><br><nobr>define(\'TEXT_MAIN\', \'<span class="messageStackSuccess">This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...</span>\');</nobr><br><br>The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:<br><br><nobr>define(\'TEXT_MAIN\', \'\');</nobr><br><br>More information concerning the PHP define() function can be read <a href="http://www.php.net/define" target="_blank"><u>here</u></a>.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Online Documentation</b><br><br>Online documentation can be read at the <a href="http://www.oscommerce.info" target="_blank"><u>osCommerce Knowledge Base</u></a> site.<br><br>Support is available at the <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/support" target="_blank"><u>osCommerce Support Site</u></a>.</td></tr></table><br>If you wish to download the solution powering this shop, or if you wish to contribute to the osCommerce project, please visit the <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank"><u>support site of osCommerce</u></a>. This shop is running on <font color="#f0000"><b>' . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let\'s See What We Have Here');

define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');

define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');

define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');

define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');

define('TEXT_SHOW', '<b>Show:</b>');

define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');

define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');

define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');

define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to tote & co.');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');

}

?>