• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

I installed FEC v2.0 because all I wanted to do was to combine the checkout_shipping.php and checkout_payment.php pages.

I also have the contribution - Country-State Selector v1.4.1 installed with this added edit:

Single-Country Modification

Modify catalog/create_account.php, catalog/includes/modules/address_book_details.php and catalog/includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php.

Replace this code:

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>

<?php // +Country-State Selector ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country',$country,'onChange="return refresh_form(create_account);"') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

<?php // -Country-State Selector ?>

</tr>

with this:

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('country',DEFAULT_COUNTRY); ?>

The problem I've come across so far -

Here's my steps:

I login or create an account, add items to my cart and continue to the new checkout_shipping.php page.

On that page my shipping and billing addresses are both correct and complete.

But under the Shipping Method (USPS) I have this error:

-2147219080 - Missing value for Country.

If I refresh my browser, the shipping options with prices appear. :blink:

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I've just installed FEC Quicker Install v5, but I have a problem, which I hope someone can help me fix.

I'm using create_account1.php with both show_account_box and show_login set to "0".

I go through the buying process, but from the shipping and payment methods page I always get redirected from checkout_shipping.php to login.php when I press "Continue". I could complete a transaction all the way through before installing FEC.

Any help with this frustrating problem would be gratefully received, as this is such a wonderful improvement to the checkout process. Others have got it working, so I hope to be able to eventually!

Thanks for reading this.

Dave.

PS My site is here in case you need a look.

Edited by Davefromcornwall

Hi, I've just installed FEC Quicker Install v5, but I have a problem, which I hope someone can help me fix.

I'm using create_account1.php with both show_account_box and show_login set to "0".

I go through the buying process, but from the shipping and payment methods page I always get redirected from checkout_shipping.php to login.php when I press "Continue". I could complete a transaction all the way through before installing FEC.

Any help with this frustrating problem would be gratefully received, as this is such a wonderful improvement to the checkout process. Others have got it working, so I hope to be able to eventually!

Thanks for reading this.

Dave.

PS My site is here in case you need a look.

Unfortunately I've had to uninstall this excellent contribution, as I can't afford to be without a functioning checkout.

But I've only renamed the files, so if anyone can come up with an answer to my problem, I'm certainly willing to give it another try.

Thanks

Dave.

Unfortunately I've had to uninstall this excellent contribution, as I can't afford to be without a functioning checkout.

But I've only renamed the files, so if anyone can come up with an answer to my problem, I'm certainly willing to give it another try.

Thanks

Dave.

Persistence is a wonderful thing! I seem to have got this excellent contribution working, more through luck than judgement!

For those having the same problem as the one that I had, I had my includes/configure.php set up wrong. I had the url to my shared SSL as the "HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN". I changed this to my domain name, and it seems to be working (I completed a test order and all the info got sent to Paypal).

Thanks to all who have been involved in the development of this contribution. It is probably the most useful addition I've seen, in that it greatly simplifies the buying experience.

Cheers,

Dave

Does anyone know if or what version of FEC would work with Country-State Selector v1.4.1 as described below.

Also I'm concerned if it will work with PayPal IPN v2.3.3

I only wish to combine the shipping & payment pages.

Hoping someone can help soon. I made the edits to my live shop so I'm going to have to revert back soon.

I know, not very wise of me. :blush:

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

I installed FEC v2.0 because all I wanted to do was to combine the checkout_shipping.php and checkout_payment.php pages.

I also have the contribution - Country-State Selector v1.4.1 installed with this added edit:

Single-Country Modification

Modify catalog/create_account.php, catalog/includes/modules/address_book_details.php and catalog/includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php.

Replace this code:

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>

<?php // +Country-State Selector ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country',$country,'onChange="return refresh_form(create_account);"') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

<?php // -Country-State Selector ?>

</tr>

with this:

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('country',DEFAULT_COUNTRY); ?>

The problem I've come across so far -

Here's my steps:

I login or create an account, add items to my cart and continue to the new checkout_shipping.php page.

On that page my shipping and billing addresses are both correct and complete.

But under the Shipping Method (USPS) I have this error:

-2147219080 - Missing value for Country.

If I refresh my browser, the shipping options with prices appear. :blink:

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

• 5 weeks later...

I'm using FEC 3.2 with Paypal Express and CC as payment methods, and I'm trying to limit the methods available depending on what users do.

For instance, I have the Paypal Express button placed at the login- and shoppingcart-pages. When the user returns from paypal to checkout_shipping, the paypal method is automatically set.

If the user does this, cc should be hidden. If the user chooses to go straight to the normal checkout, paypal express should be hidden.

But, when I try to add an if-clause in checkout_shipping.php the page loads until it times out:

I replace this:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

$payment_modules = new payment;

With this:

if ($payment == "ppec")) {

$payment_modules = new payment("ppec");

} else {

$payment_modules = new payment("cc");

}

Anyone know why this does not work?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have FEC installed and it works beautifully, except for returning customers. I've searched the thread, and someone else has had exactly the same problem and got an answer. But I don't understand the answer.

QUOTE (soeren71 @ May 10 2006, 08:53 AM)

Hi,

I have installed this impressive contribution in such a way that a customer can only enter shipping details but not create an account. Now, when a customer orders the shipping details are still written in the customers table.

As the consequence - when the same customer wants to re-order with the same shipping details he sees the message:

"Your E-Mail Address already exists in our records - please log in with the e-mail address or create an account with a different address."

How can I prevent the E-Mail address from being matched in the customers table?

Thanks in advance.

Soeren

This works in the original contribution by checking to see if a noaccount was created before and would delete the original account and create a new one you must put that in

The reply (in italics) is from "nana".

If someone could explain what I'm supposed to do, I'd be very grateful, as this is an annoying little problem. How do I make it delete the old account and then create a new one?

Thanks for reading this.

Edited by Davefromcornwall

me too, this is happening to me. i have set up a test account everything goes well, details entered, order placed, get to the page where it confirms the order and says "do you want to create an account"

You cant say no, it wont let you just comes up with "no passwrod entered error". &&&&& i also get the customer being added to the table so that will mean that they can shop once which is no good.

please help us someone. nana especially if you read this. (i may post message you this)

regards, :)

Nana, i have installed the FEC, it seems that someone else has just posted the same problem as me. Basically the below is happening (just pasted my thread)

me too, this is happening to me. i have set up a test account everything goes well, details entered, order placed, get to the page where it confirms the order and says "do you want to create an account"

You cant say no, it wont let you (it will let you say yes and creates the account) but no option to say no. So it then just comes up with "no passwrod entered error". &&&&& i even when i dont want to create an account i also get the customer being added to the table so that will mean that they can shop once which is no good.

please help us someone. nana especially if you read this. (i may post message you this)

regards, :)

(nana, you will make me a very happy lady if you can sort this as this is the last step to my site going live)

• 3 weeks later...

Please Please PLEASE can someone post instructions on how to incorporate FEC and Discount Coupon Codes. A few people have said they have successfully installed both together, but cannot seem to achieve this myself.

I have FEC 3.2 and Discount Coupon Code 3.2.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

My latest osCommerce work in progress

no outside links in signatures allowed, see PM

Hello. I am new to oscommerce and the forum so I hope im asking in the correct place.

I have recently changed my oscommerce website to include Fast and Easy Checkout version 3.2 - I have only got as far as part one which is combining the payment and shipping into one page. When I go to checkout afer entering details to creat an account Firefox gives this error

redirect loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

and Internet explorer does load but takes a VERY long time.

My site is very hevily modded and includes

SEO URLs

HTC

STS

CCGV

as well as many more

I believe it may be a problem with the new checkout_shipping.php file (as that is the one throwing the error).

Thanks alot any help will be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting the same... not in firefox but IE. FEC is creating a LOOP and not processing through the shopping cart, but only when SSL is enabled. If I turn of SSL it goes fine... can anyone help cause I would love my cart to be secure. I am running RC2 on a shared ssl.

I couldn't find any extra info on this so I aplogies if this is a repeat...

how do I get the Credit Card infor and the shipping / billing infor to allbe on the same page? I have the module installed but that is the onething that doesn't seem to work. Optional account creation works.

Any pointers would be appreciated, thank!

-Richard

Hi,

what must i change in checkout_shipping_adress.php if the customer without account only edit one error in her address?

i can only create a new adress but i can not edit my adress <_<

can someone help me to change the checkout_shipping_adress.php that the customer can edit the adress???

thank you very much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This contribution has a lot of additions to it and none of the recent ones are a full package. Can you please advice what's the latest addition that has full installation package? Also, can someone give an example of the working site that uses this contribution?

thanks.

Still waiting on help with integrating FEC and Discount coupons.

Anyone out there that can help?

Hi,

Easiest way to do that is to use a file comparison software like win merge,

Then compare the 2 files adding code where you need to

Hope that helps you out

After I edit an address and click on Get New Total Button, I get a weird screen where my header and left nav are inserted in the middle of the screen. See the screen shot here http://www.russiantreasure.com/rt_checkout_error.png. Any ideas?

HI,

I also have this error after click "'Get New Total'" button, my site is one fresh osc + this module, I try to all FEC version.

Would you please give some advice asap?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise

ATTN: ALL NEEDING A FIX FOR AJAX "GET NEW TOTAL" BUTTON PROBLEM:

Problem: When going through checkout and selecting the credit card module, generating an error by entering a wrong cc number or selecting an invalid expiry date, the AJAX button would start to misfunction.

Instead of giving the total cost information it would place a copy of the checkout_shipping.php page into the results area of the module. This would repeat for each sucessive press of the Get New Total button opening page after page within itself. Althought this would be pretty entertaining it would not be ideal for most shops. After spending days trying to figure out what was going on I found an answer:

I used dwdonline's fix which can be found here.

Here are the instructions which I have made a little clearer:

at about line 240 in catalog/checkout_shipping.php

find:

var Csid='<?php echo $osCsid; ?>';

replace with:

var Csid='<?php echo session_id(); ?>';

in catalog/checkout_2confirmation.php

find:

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {
$payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();
}

comment it out like this:

/*
if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {
$payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();
}
*/

find:

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED) {  
$order_total_modules->process();

echo $order_total_modules->output();
}

comment top and bottom lines out like this:

//  if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED) {
$order_total_modules->process();

echo $order_total_modules->output();
//  }

You can just remove these lines if you're feeling lucky but I don't know if there are any further implications either in a positive or negative way to making this change from csid to session id. If someone could chime in if they know anything either way, that would be great.

I must admit that I did not realise this post was a fix for my problem until just now! dwdonline paid someone to resolve this for him and it all works perfectly. Just goes to show that when all else fails, pay a professional to do it for you! All credit to dwonline and the freelancer guy who fixed it for us. Thanks a lot dwdonline!! Much appreciated.

I think that this contribution is great... but it needs few minor bugs squashing and re-releasing.

Rich

Hi, Rich:

Many thanks your solution.

Best Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Can anybody out there figure out a problem I'm having with the fast easy checkout? When the "get new total" button is clicked to update the total in our checkout page to add the postage charge to the product total, the order total is not being updated. Can anyone figure out a fix for this ASAP please?

Thanks,

Joe

The Nerdy Bunch Computer Repair

^ Having the same issue. Just went through 30 pages but no answers as of yet.

Get New Total button does not add shipping charges, and displays the total the same as the sub-total, rendering it useless. This doesn't affect the checkout_confirmation total, as it ends up being correct. Problem is isolated with the Get New Total button.

Any insight, anyone? According to posts i've read in this thread, this has been an ongoing problem for over 3 years now. Surely someone has figured it out. And I did try the solution posted here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...amp;pid=1039336

however, it didn't do a thing for me. Plus if you have an updated version of FEC, this code is already integrated in the file...

Edited by Pepperoni

I want to see a preview of this checkout system but the sample site given at the beginning of the thread is no good: http://seelily.com/

Can anyone give me a link to see how this works/looks?

Not sure if this is what I would need, so I really need the visual.

Can anyone give me a link or preview image of each step?

I'm wondering what it looks like when anonymous tries to checkout, when new user checks out and when member checks out.

Thank you.

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

• 1 month later...

Hello all ,

I just find this contribution and installed also but nothing seems working, to be clear nothing changed in the way to login or create account

its like i never installed this contrib???

Someone could help me pls, thx.