• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

I've seen two or three other people ask about getting FEC to work with the Country-State Selector - contrib, #2028 - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2028. So far, I haven't seen any answers to their questions, so I'm asking myself. I'm using create_account1.php and can't figure out how to update it to allow me to use the Country-State Selector contrib. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I switch over to the PWA contrib? Thanks in advance for any help!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great contribution for me, cause I sell 1 of a kind products.

People might want to place a one time only purchase and then they wouldn't have to bother creating an account; so it's fabulous.

The thing is I have the username addon and loginbox installed and can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with create_account3.php that I would like to use. Cause ofcourse now, not only does the password become optional but the username has to be also. I've modified a bit and I can create an account with username and check out via the page, but I keep getting the "username min lenght error" when I try to pwa. I don't know how to fix that...

I don't want to remove the username addon from my store, because I also have the auction contribution running and bidding by username is far better than using emailadress or first/last name.So please please, if some one could help me with this issue? I also need to make the N type create account totally invisble other wise non registerd buyers are able to bid and I don't want that happening.

I'm experiencing an error, which I'm sure others have encountered. This error occurs if a user chooses to update their shipping/billing address from the checkout_confirmation.php. Upon editing/updating their address information from checkout_shipping_address.php or checkout_payment_address.php and then hitting continue, they are naturally redirected back to checkout_shipping.php (with Fast Easy Checkout implemented). The problem is here. When the user arrives the Credit Card error (TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD) appears. Why is this happening? It's alarming to some customers and I can see why. I would appreciate any insight into this problem.

Thanks!

I'm experiencing an error, which I'm sure others have encountered. This error occurs if a user chooses to update their shipping/billing address from the checkout_confirmation.php. Upon editing/updating their address information from checkout_shipping_address.php or checkout_payment_address.php and then hitting continue, they are naturally redirected back to checkout_shipping.php (with Fast Easy Checkout implemented). The problem is here. When the user arrives the Credit Card error (TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD) appears. Why is this happening? It's alarming to some customers and I can see why. I would appreciate any insight into this problem.

Thanks!

I've figured out this. Something is triggering the $HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error'] variable, but not sure why, or what. :unsure:

This is a great contribution for me, cause I sell 1 of a kind products.

People might want to place a one time only purchase and then they wouldn't have to bother creating an account; so it's fabulous.

The thing is I have the username addon and loginbox installed and can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with create_account3.php that I would like to use. Cause ofcourse now, not only does the password become optional but the username has to be also. I've modified a bit and I can create an account with username and check out via the page, but I keep getting the "username min lenght error" when I try to pwa. I don't know how to fix that...

I don't want to remove the username addon from my store, because I also have the auction contribution running and bidding by username is far better than using emailadress or first/last name.So please please, if some one could help me with this issue? I also need to make the N type create account totally invisble other wise non registerd buyers are able to bid and I don't want that happening.

I've managed to remove the error for min user name value by adjusting the form_check file and trying several different options in create_account3.php.

Now my issue is: how do I hide the loginbox after the customer has pwa but is still on the website?

I've read about this same issue a whole lot of pages back, but there was no solution posted.

I've tried adjusting the column right; where my box is. But it doesn't seem to work under any of the conditions that I set for it.

Anyone here using a loginbox and figured it out yet?

It seems to be working ok now. I had to add this piece of code to the loginbox file itself...:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') and !tep_session_is_registered('createaccount')) {

For some reason, the "automatically select the cheapest method" is not working. I'm not sure what I changed, but it suddenly stopped working. The cheapest shipping method's row is highlighted, but the radio button is not checked. Also, when I choose a method, the row highlight disappears for that row. I'm not receiving any javascript errors, and I'm not using the AJAX shipping. I'm using shipping_box.php. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

I have some issues going on wich are FEC related and I can not seem to sort them out.

1. I'm currently receiving every order confirmation email twice.

2. If a customer completes a pwa, the stock is not updated and product stays available for purchase and checking out is allowed.

In my case that is going to cause big problems because I only sell 1 of a kind products. :blink:

I have the correct setting for this in Admin, so it's not related to that.

Can anyone please shed some light on how to fix these issues? I'm going nuts trying to figure it out...

I'm using create_account1.php and I'm not allowing users to create accounts. I would however, like to give the user the option of having a checkbox that says "shipping address the same as billing address", and if they uncheck it, they'll have the option to enter a separate shipping address from the same page. This will prevent the user from having to change it at the very end of the checkout process. Anyone seen a contrib that will do this and work with Fast Easy Checkout?

Thanks in advance for those who offer help!

I just want to say that this contribution works with discount coupon codes. I use only the first half of FEC (combined shipping and payment page) and it works perfectly with discount coupon codes.

CCGV, CCGV (trad), Discount Voucher RC1 + RC2 doesn't work with FEC.

Edited by luckyno

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

How can I avoid using / selecting the cheapest shipping method? I want to select the first selected in sort order in the admin side.

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

I would love to use part 1 of this mod, but...

What is changed in the checkout_shipping.php ??? I am using a modified version of OSc with templates mod installed, so if i use the included one it does not work.

Are there any instructions on getting this working with BTS or the code changes in checkout_shipping.php

I would love to use part 1 of this mod, but...

What is changed in the checkout_shipping.php ??? I am using a modified version of OSc with templates mod installed, so if i use the included one it does not work.

Are there any instructions on getting this working with BTS or the code changes in checkout_shipping.php

checkout_shipping will be changed completely. Code changes are int the first 3.2 download.

FEC takes us to Checkout Shipping BEFORE confirming what the Shipping Address is.

This is potentially very confusing for customers.

How can I fix this?

I've sorted it.

There's a commented-out line in checkout_shipping.

It's now not commented-out!!

I have had FEC Run for a few months and have decided I would like customer to create and account for several reasons. Is it possible to change the code to make an account instead of offering with out uninstalling the contribution?

Have you found a solution to this problem?

I love this contribution, however, a new shop I am putting together will have downloadable products (exclusively), so I require all customers to have accounts, so they can log in to retrieve their downloads.

Anyone have similar issues? And/or fix for us?

Hi

Does the latest downoad now work for RC2a?

I saw a great site with the checkout in one page: https://visionsxpressed.com/checkout.php

...and their checkout page had a higher Google PR than their index ...lol!

Thankyou for your work

Adam

Edited by adam777

Hi

PLEASE HELP ME

I used the the latest PART-1 instructions and the related files for FEC3.2, and inserted them RC2a.

I went to a product, pressed add to cart, and it returned to the same product page with nothing in the cart, and the product page URL ended up being:

...../matrox-g400-32mb-p-2.html?amp;action=add_product

...WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?

...also...

STEP 6 of the install instructions is:

6-in includes/filenames.php change the define of both FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT and FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING to checkout_shipping.php

This part of the contribution is done you have combined checkout_shipping and checkout_payment

FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING was already defined with "checkout_shipping.php" so didn't require changing as per step 6 instructions

Thankyou

Adam

Edited by adam777

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No Refresh of form when country selected

Im using 2.2 RC2

When a client uses the fast easy checkout and chooses a country, the form isnt reloaded and no states/provinces are given as options.

Any ideas why?

I've had FEC working with KGT's Discount Coupons for almost a year. Now my host has decided to upgrade to PHP5 and I've hit a problem between the two.

If a customer enters a Discount Coupon, it isn't retained and doesn't show in the checkout page. Going back to the previous page doesn't retain the discount code either, although other fields, such as comments, remain.

Has anyone had a similar problem?