osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I'd love to see the fixes for this problem if you guys get it working.

I gave up and just split up the payment process. So it does not have its full value as a mod.

Its a snap to put it back the old way though once a fix is worked out.

I also had problems with and without the STS goodies even in the code.

Yep, I'd love to see the fixes for this problem if you guys get it working.

I gave up and just split up the payment process. So it does not have its full value as a mod.

Its a snap to put it back the old way though once a fix is worked out.

I also had problems with and without the STS goodies even in the code.

you guys keep on telling me about problems with no link or no files so how am i suppose to figure out what your problem is

the contribution works in the normal situation and passes the cc number

Hey guys,

I finally got rid of PWA 1.4, restored backed up files and installed FEC. I'm running into a problem now where I go to the checkout page and I fill in the information and hit continue and it just dumps me back at the same page.

I need some help the client's getting frusterated.

-K

I can't win

This is like a nightmare. Nothing wants to work. PWA was literally broken, this contribution doesn't seem to be working either. What in the hell am I not doing?

I followed the directions to a T.

I add something to the cart - I go to checkout. I fill in all the required information - I click continue and it just reloads the same page with the same input fields.

It's like there's some pointer going to the same page catching it in a loop or the information isn't passing or something. This is the 3rd week with the same stupid problem. I'm going to throw this computer out the window.

-K

you have not chosen any of the choices for password you must choose one!!! this contribution gives you some choices in how you want to offer the account creation but you must choose one of the choices or you must change the code so it creates a random password. it does not remove the need to create an account. you can erase the account later if you want

you have not chosen any of the choices for password you must choose one!!! this contribution gives you some choices in how you want to offer the account creation but you must choose one of the choices or you must change the code so it creates a random password. it does not remove the need to create an account. you can erase the account later if you want

ah I see. I can choose the have random passwords automatically generated as one of the options in the create account1.php correct? Will this build up a lot of accounts on the cart? Also, is there anything else in this contribution that wasn't mentioned that would probably be good to know? lol.

Thanks a lot though for your help I really do appreciate it, I'll give it a go here.

-K

if you do not want to offer an account at all you can simply remove the fields from the original create_account.php and have the value set at randm

you would also have to remove all the mentions of account and all the account files and a bit more the other part of my contribution that is more intresting is combining the checkout pages

to answer your questions

when a customer returns to buy again the old account is erased and a new one generated

you also can offer a second chance to create an account later

Edited by nana

to answer your questions

when a customer returns to buy again the old account is erased and a new one generated

you also can offer a second chance to create an account later

At this point I just want this thing done as quickly as possible.

I changed the code so that it'll set random passwords. It still just gives me a button as to whether or not I want to create an account and still dumps me at the same page, meaning nothing's really change.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.

i see

i tried all diffrent files and same thing can you turn ssl off and see if you have the same problem?

i will take another look at the file again to see if i see anything

this might have something to do with sessions not storing correctly

i see

i tried all diffrent files and same thing can you turn ssl off and see if you have the same problem?

i will take another look at the file again to see if i see anything

this might have something to do with sessions not storing correctly

I thought there were session issues going on when I had PWA on here. Turns out the Session was just being recreated each time, in this case the session's are still there, I think the account's just not being created for some reason.

I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to just turn off SSL. Yea, I'm an idiot i know.

-K

no the ssl has to be turned on but sometimes there are sesion problems and it usually happends when you have a shared ssl

i wanted to see if that is the problem.

i installed create_account1 on a diffrent site that has a ssl certificate right now and it worked

it seems that the egular create account does not work either so the problem seems to be the session

make sure that the configure.php is correct and then you hve to do a search on the forums there are a few good treads regarding sessions

Edited by nana

no the ssl has to be turned on but sometimes there are sesion problems and it usually happends when you have a shared ssl

i wanted to see if that is the problem.

i installed create_account1 on a diffrent site that has a ssl certificate right now and it worked

it seems that the egular create account does not work either so the problem seems to be the session

hmm. Any ideas how to fix this?

-K

You are an angel from God.

Try not to take that in the wrong way, but seriously man, thank you. I need more practice searching forums I was unable to find those things. I appreciate it greatly man. Thanks.

-K

What did you do to get the shipping options to re-appear with this module?

Thanks!

This is a great contribution!~ I am stuck though, I did the steps, but if I go to the checkout page, I only see the payment info, I dont see shipping info anymore, and method of shipping is gone too, even though I have all weights in, and USPS and UPS modules turned on in admin. Can someone help??

www.jawproducts.com is the site.

thanks!

We have installed this mod on a customized site and this is the error I'm getting:

The first four digits of the number entered are: <br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.

I have it installed on a test environment so I don't have a link to send, but I can send the files if you want to look at them - just let me know what files to send.

If you have a suggestion on how to resolve this, please post the suggestion as well and I'll try it!