• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

I have been looking through this topic for two hours and it seems these have been hashed out, but I am not finding the answers I need. I have the fasteasycheckout 3.0 installed and am running into the following problems:

1.) When the customer inputs a credit card number, it comes back with a message that says:

The first four digits of the number entered are: <br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.

If I hit continue again, the checkout completes (It takes the number the second time).

2.) When I get to the checkout_success.php I get a blank page.

3.) After I complete this purchase (Without creating an account), I have a button on the top of the page that says logoff.

4.) When I use the code to ask if they are sure that they would not like to create an account, the cart comes up with account_password_new.php which is a blank page, I have disabled this for now, as I am not 100% sure that it would work.

With two pages coming up blank, is there a sessions problem here?

Most of the solutions I have found are not for this newer version (Questions asked on dates before this was released), I would be happy to update the install docs with a troubleshooting section, if I can find the answers to these. I appreciate any help, as I say, I am sure they have been answered already, but finding the answers is not proving easy.

Thanks!!!!!

Chris

you have to find the errors for blank pages so look at your error log and hopefully it would work and twhite is correct in his recommendation

CivicRacingGirl7 yes you can just do the checkout parts

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to find the errors for blank pages so look at your error log and hopefully it would work and twhite is correct in his recommendation

CivicRacingGirl7 yes you can just do the checkout parts

Thanks, but I did get an error when I did just the checkout parts. I'll re-install (I removed all of the code), and see what happens.

Okay, reinstalled. I changed the checkout from sending to create_account, and instead have it set to send to login.php, since this was another concern I originally had.

Anyway, 2 things:

1. In checkout_shipping.php, for the total box, can Total be changed to Sub-Total, or will this affect checkout_confirmation and put Sub-Total in there as well (where tax and shipping will be included as well). Also, can tax be added in to this box for when applicable? Or shown on this page at any point?

2. When I continue from checkout_shipping, the address bar pulls: checkout_confirmation.php/paynow/ , and displays this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/store/checkout_confirmation.php on line 18

Line 18 refers to:

????????????????? $HTTP_POST_VARS[$key] = $val;

Which refers to this portion of the FEC code:

//fast easy checkout start
foreach ($_SESSION as $key => $val) {
???????????? //??? print $key.' => '.$val.' - ';print_r($val);echo "<br>";
????????????????? $HTTP_POST_VARS[$key] = $val;

????????????????? }
// first two lines are for ccgv
//tep_session_unregister('gv_redeem_code');
//tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');
tep_session_unregister('cc_number');
tep_session_unregister('cc_expires_month');
tep_session_unregister('cc_expires_year');
tep_session_unregister('cc_owner');
tep_session_unregister('authorizenet_cc_number');
tep_session_unregister('authorizenet_cc_expires_month');
tep_session_unregister('authorizenet_cc_expires_year');
tep_session_unregister('authorizenet_cc_owner');
//fast easy checkout end

Edited by CivicRacingGirl7

Another post...

1. I changed "Total" to "Sub-Total" in checkout_shipping.php (edit includes/fec/product_box.php)

2. Found in checkout_confirmation.php that if you click "Edit" next to payment method, you are directed to checkout_payment.php. For consistency, I changed this to direct the customer back to checkout_shipping.php

How-to:

In checkout_confirmation.php:

Change:

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

To:

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

3. Another problem (SOLVED): When I attempted to edit a billing or shipping address, the page pulled up an error. The line of the error fell into the FEC code, so I simply commented out the FEC code, uncommented the original code in checkout_payment_address.php and checkout_shipping_address.php (I do not remove code anymore when I am installing contribs, but just comment it out).

After this, I still pulled errors on the lines following, so I also needed to comment out:

(From checkout_payment_address.php, will be similar in shipping address):

// if no billing destination address was selected, use their own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('billto')) {
$billto = $customer_default_address_id;
 } 

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL'));

$addresses_count = tep_count_customer_address_book_entries();

4. Also, when selecting the continue button while editing the payment address, I was being sent to checkout_payment.php once again. So, I changed:

if ($check_address['total'] == '1') {
	if ($reset_payment == true) tep_session_unregister('payment');
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
  } else {
	tep_session_unregister('billto');
  }
// no addresses to select from - customer decided to keep the current assigned address
} else {
  if (!tep_session_is_registered('billto')) tep_session_register('billto');
  $billto = $customer_default_address_id;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

(I changed FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT to FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING)

5. I added the billing and shipping address (and options to change them) in checkout_shipping.php .

6. I changed the language codes for checkout payment and checkout shipping so that the text near the continue button explained that the customer was going to return to the page where they select their shipment and payment methods, and that they have not been charged at this time. (For customers who are confused when they click to edit an address on checkout_confirmation.php, but are reverted back to checkout_shipping.php) Since I have the option to change the address on checkout_shipping as well, I can't direct the customers back to checkout_confirmation if that is where they started from (that I know of at least).

Seems everything is working great now, and I have everything pretty much customized to my liking. Thanks for the help, nana. Knowing that it would work with just the step 1 changes made me get it working :)

Hi,

I am relatively new to oscommerce and I would like to install this contribution. My questions should be very simple!

Which version on the contributiuons baord is the most up to date full package?

Also does this contribution include the purchase without account contribution, if it doesn't will it work with it?

The website will be an english one - does this matter as I have read in this topic that there is an issue (or was) with the state field in address - which I won't need - will this matter?

Also, I haven't got any credit card payment on the site yet so will this work just with the paypal checkout module as normal?

Many Thanks and hopefully I can get it installed soon!

Becki

Anything else I should know? Known issues not yet fixed?

hello,

i got a problem with SSL and your great contrib.

if customers go to checkout by create_account3.php they will be redirected to DEFAULT_PAGE after checkout_shipping.php

if someone want to see my checkout files

send me a PM.

thanks

bg

Michael

First I want to thank you for this great contribution. I have everything working on my site except one thing, and I have searched and cannot figure it out. I added the peice where the password box on createaccount3.php is hidden until you check the box. I added the code to form_check.js.php as well and the part to set the $createaccount variable so if you do not check the box it will not give you a password length error. The problem I have is if I check the box and don't supply a password it does not check it and goes to the checkout_shipping.php page. If I remove the form_check.js.php $createaccount bypass code I get the length error if the box is checked or not. From what I can tell it is acting like the form_check.js.php is not seeing the value of $createaccount, or it is not being set with the toggle to Y or N. Does anyone know a way I can set the variable according to if the check box is collapsed or not?

Hi,

How do I get this star (*) out and move it to the - Yes please, create an account for me. *. Instead of No thanks, this is a one time purchase. *???

Thank you,

Michael

Michael

hello,

thank you for this great contribution. i have a problems with emails.

When a customer creates a new account at create_account3 no email is sent out. An account is created though and everything works.

I changed account_password_new.php and uncomment the redirect part to get an idea if there is a problem with the email. It still redirects to the next site though.

echo "$name, $email_address, ".EMAIL_SUBJECT.", $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS";
  $email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;
tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

/*

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')){
  if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {
	  $origin_href = tep_href_link($navigation->snapshot['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->snapshot['get'], array(tep_session_name())), $navigation->snapshot['mode']);
	  $navigation->clear_snapshot();
	  tep_redirect($origin_href);
	} else {
	  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
	}}
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

*/

I modified the Ajax load states script to work with FEC but couldnt get it entirely working on the create_account3 page.

Did anyone successfully implement it? its a great contribution by the way and worth to check out.

i still wonder if FEC is supposed to send out an email when someone creates a new account on the create_account3 page?

Edited by tagin

Hi,

I installed part 1 of this contribution without any problems - works great!

I followed the instructions in Part 2, leaving out the password error fix. When I log in as a pre-registered user it worked fine untill the checkout_success page, here i changed:

if(tep_session_is_registered('createaccount')) tep_redirect(tep_href_link('account_password_new.php','thx=1'));} (as told to in the instructions to)

if(tep_session_is_registered('createaccount')) { tep_redirect(tep_href_link('account_password_new.php','thx=1'));}

This seems to have fixed the problem - was it a typo in the instructions?

IF i click on create an account or go to checkout as a visitor when it tries to go to create_account.php all I get is 'YOUR DETAILS' in the top left hand corner?

Create_account was a simple copy and paste so I don't know what I have done?

Please has anyone come accross this or know what's wrong - I've looked through most of the thread :(

Becki - I want this contributiopn to work!!! :) :angry: :angry:

patrick there are two diffrent state dropdowns with two diffrent names and two countries with two diffrent names so you must have that inmind when doing the changes

darren i will set it up in a couple of weeks

becki see in your error log if you have an error

Nana,

I'm running on a local install and found my error log from Apache: All it said is below, although the 'chmod' error doesn't seem to be part of the checkout not working, this error gets repeated all the time just by moving around the site (you prob know that). Other than this log I cannot find any other evidence of errors.

More info after the quote:

[sun Apr 23 22:08:24 2006] [notice] Server built: Dec 1 2005 18:36:53

[sun Apr 23 22:08:24 2006] [notice] Parent: Created child process 1952

[sun Apr 23 22:08:28 2006] [notice] Child 1952: Child process is running

[sun Apr 23 22:08:28 2006] [notice] Child 1952: Acquired the start mutex.

[sun Apr 23 22:08:28 2006] [notice] Child 1952: Starting 250 worker threads.

[sun Apr 23 22:08:29 2006] [notice] Child 1952: Starting thread to listen on port 443.

[sun Apr 23 22:08:29 2006] [notice] Child 1952: Starting thread to listen on port 80.

'chmod' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

As stated before on a previous post the checkout works if I log on as an existing customer, if not when i go to checkout or create account all i get is 'your details' on blank white screen. Source code as follows:

URL - http://localhost/catalog/create_account.ph...3a212158b89b4e2

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading">Your Details</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

I have STS Plus installed if this might be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help-i really want this to work!

Becki

Following on from quote before:

Just a thought but in create_account it says just before it dishes out the code to produce the 'your details' page: Could it be column_left mucking it up?

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

</table></td>.....................

I had to change column_left.php for when installing STS Plus. here is the file:

/*

$Id: column_left.php,v 1.15 2003/07/01 14:34:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// START STS PLUS 4.0

if ($sts->display_template_output) {

include DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/sts_column_left.php';

} else {

//END STS PLUS 4.0

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

}

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

// START STS PLUS 4.0

}

// END STS PLUS 4.0

?>

Below are the instrucions from STS of moding the column_left file:

At the start put

// START STS PLUS 4.0

if ($sts->display_template_output) {

include DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/sts_column_left.php';

} else {

//END STS PLUS 4.0

add at the end:

// START STS PLUS 4.0

}

// END STS PLUS 4.0

Could it be column_left mucking it up?

Becki

Following on from quote before:

Just a thought but in create_account it says just before it dishes out the code to produce the 'your details' page:

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

</table></td>.....................

I had to change column_left.php for when installing STS Plus. here is the file:

/*

$Id: column_left.php,v 1.15 2003/07/01 14:34:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/