fast easy checkout

nana

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I have installed this contribution to my site and it looked like it was working fine.....until....

I tried to complete an order without an account. I put in all my details, click continue and it then goes to the shipping and payment page. If i then click continue on this page, it taken me to the Login page???

Also, if i login with my test account, it does exactly the same when i click continue on the shipping and payment page.

Here's the site to have a look

Any ideas?

Regards

Edited by ShimmyUK

Has anybody got this contrib working with "Shipping Insurance" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1069)

I've tried all kinds of stuff, but can't get the two to work toghether by hacking the stuff that normally goes into checkout_payment.php into the new checkout_shipping.php.

If nobody's done this, does anybody else use a shipping insurance contrib with it?

although i have no free time at the moment to look into these proplems

tony you probably have a problem with your session being lost

matt

you must make the changes that you are supposed to do to both payment and shipping to the new shipping file

i do not see any reason for it not to work but first of all do not work is very vague and i really do not have any first hand knowledge of the contribution that you are talking about

matt

you must make the changes that you are supposed to do to both payment and shipping to the new shipping file

i do not see any reason for it not to work but first of all do not work is very vague and i really do not have any first hand knowledge of the contribution that you are talking about

There were no changes to the shipping page, just the payment page. I added the code that would go in the checkout_payment.php in the includes/fec/payment_box.php. Essentially it's just a checkbox that gets added for insurance. This works fine. The problem is that when it goes to checkout_confirmation.php it doesn't recognize that the checkbox was checked ($_POST[<var>] doesn't show as set). In the few ways I've got it to actually recognize the checkbox, things get really lost if the user navigates back to the checkout_payment.php from checkout_confirmation.php.

I have installed this mod. Prior to installing it an aol user could get the order confirm. Once it was installed..they no longer get it. What could the problem be?

matt the shipping page form submits to itself then it is redirected to confirmation page so make sure that you recive the form result in checkout_shipping.php

I didn't realize that the page submitted to itself first. Catching the post var and setting a session variable there did the trick! Thanks!

I made all file changes up to the last step, copy "checkout_shipping.php" to the server. When I add this file, and checkout (after logging in) everything appears to work awesome, but if I am not logged in, add something to the cart and click the checkout button, it goes to checkout_shipping.php and I get "My Details" at the top with the left bar and the header. The right menu is missing, the footer is missing, and any text below "my details" is missing. I am going to re-check all my code changes, but am curious, any ideas on this one? I am going on my 4th re-install.

Thanks,

Chris

Figured it out, maybe it was because I didnt do part 2 yet, the purchase without account, but the answer/solution was to add the line from the original checkout_shipping.php to check for login status. Once I added this, it shoots to the login, and then offers up the better shipping option. Now on to part 2.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some assistance in integrating CCGV and giftwrap into FEC. I had both contributions installed (and working) prior to installing FEC, but with the reduced checkout process, the relevant boxes have disappeared. I have a suspicion that it has something to do with catalog\checkout_payment.php being swallowed up by catalog\checkout_shipping.php, but being a php newbie, it's beyond my expertise to try and move code across and get it in the right place, format, etc. So relatively explicit instructions would be great :)

Gareth

i have a little bit of code that you can uncomment in checkout_shipping.php and checkout_confirmation.php that may help you wit ccgv but for the giftwrap you have to do whatever the contribution says to do to checkout_payment and checkout shipping,php to checkout_shipping.php and hopefully it will work

Hello all!

This is a VERY COOL mod. I am having one problem though. When integrating FEC with STS I am having problems with ANY credit card module registering properly. The data is not being set correctly. It is being passed to all pages and I have worked with the code for "checkout_confirmation.php",

//fast easy checkout start
foreach ($_SESSION as $key => $val) {
			 print $key.' => '.$val.' - ';print_r($val);echo "<br>";
			  $HTTP_POST_VARS[$key] = $val;

}
// first two lines are for ccgv
//tep_session_unregister('gv_redeem_code');
//tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');
tep_session_unregister('payment');
tep_session_unregister('cc_number');
tep_session_unregister('cc_expires_month');
tep_session_unregister('cc_expires_year');
tep_session_unregister('cc_owner');
tep_session_unregister('cc_checkcode');
tep_session_unregister('authorizenet_cc_number');
tep_session_unregister('authorizenet_cc_expires_month');
tep_session_unregister('authorizenet_cc_expires_year');
tep_session_unregister('authorizenet_cc_owner');
//fast easy checkout end

to unregister the sessions. Has been to no avail. I have been fighting with this for a week or 2 and am about to give up on it.

STS captures the code between

require('includes/application_top.php');

and the "head" tag, which seems to be creating the issue, but I am not sure. I have tried moving the code around the file, but nothing has worked for me so far. This is being done on a VERY heavily modified package, but all is well until I add STS, so I know that whatever is happening is connected to that particular contrib.

Any one have any suggestions on this?

I appreciate any and all suggestions, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

you must be a little more descriptive

i am not using sts but please explain what is happenning exactly

Ok, the actual credit card data is being POSTED properly as I can capture it fine, but the "payment" session is not being carried to "checkout_confirmation.php", the module is not populated at all, other than it being selected. It sounds like the same type of error that is corrected by adding the code I posted above to the "checkout_confirmation.php" in a normal FEC setup, but apparently STS is messing it up.

I can show you the site if you think you can see what it is doing and come up with a suggestion. PM and I will send you the link to my demo of this particular package.

Or, I will answer as many questions and try whatever may work, I really would like to be able to use the 2 together, as STS does make custimazaion a bit easier, not as flexible, but easier.

Thanks for trying, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

uncomment the print function and see if all variables get to checkout_confirmation.php

other than that there is really no change to that file other some minor things for get total fuctionality

if the cc info are being passed then everything else should work as normal

i would start from a fresh checkout_confirmation.php and make the changes again it should not take long and if there is a minor mistake that you do not see it will go away

uncomment the print function and see if all variables get to checkout_confirmation.php

other than that there is really no change to that file other some minor things for get total fuctionality

if the cc info are being passed then everything else should work as normal

i would start from a fresh checkout_confirmation.php and make the changes again it should not take long and if there is a minor mistake that you do not see it will go away

Yup, been there done that, just did again to make sure I'm not crazy. The cc data is passed, but the payment module does not get set in "checkout_confirmation.php" even though the cc data is posted and available as a _POST variable. It's been killing me nana, LOL. I have it working fine without STS, I have the same package running with and without STS, and can work every file back and forth(except app_top and general, which is where the STS code does it's job from) as the files are identical, and it always breaks on the STS version. I did need to add that code for the non-STS version to work, it just doesn't do the job with it.

When adding that code after the "require app_top" line with STS, nothing happens. No data shows at all. Nothing prints out. STS captures this portion of the code and replaces it with blocks of code on it's own. The problem is, if I add the "unregister" session code in the wrong place, it drops the session data as well, which is also a bad thing.

I am trying to think and type at the same time!

Any other ideas?

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I just realised that this seems to be somewhat related to CCGV, when I now go thru to checkout_confirmation straight without redeeming a coupon, the payment module is set properly, if I go thru and redeem a gv first, then the cc gets lost afterwards, no payment module is set. I am going to double check all the CCGV code now, and see what happens.

Any other ideas related to CCGV?

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

for one make sure that you make the ccgv button setup the way i have the get total button

make sure you have a hiddenfield with paynow value and the x,y

make sure that it redirects to the correct file.

the way i am doing it in my site it goes back to checkout-CONFIRMATION .php and is redirected back to checkout_shipping.php so the customer sees his new total and then he can continue if he agrees

ofcourse this is when he clicks redeem but it might work going directly to the confirmation page but i am not sure how that would work

if he clicks the continue not the redem then he stays on the confirmation page

i thought this would be logical what a customer would expect

oh by the way how do you like the new ajax get total button

i have it working with ccgv on my site and it seems to look nicer than uploading a whole new page i also got rid of the redeem button completly but i have not tried with gv yet

I have been looking through this topic for two hours and it seems these have been hashed out, but I am not finding the answers I need. I have the fasteasycheckout 3.0 installed and am running into the following problems:

1.) When the customer inputs a credit card number, it comes back with a message that says:

The first four digits of the number entered are: <br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.

If I hit continue again, the checkout completes (It takes the number the second time).

2.) When I get to the checkout_success.php I get a blank page.

3.) After I complete this purchase (Without creating an account), I have a button on the top of the page that says logoff.

4.) When I use the code to ask if they are sure that they would not like to create an account, the cart comes up with account_password_new.php which is a blank page, I have disabled this for now, as I am not 100% sure that it would work.

With two pages coming up blank, is there a sessions problem here?

Most of the solutions I have found are not for this newer version (Questions asked on dates before this was released), I would be happy to update the install docs with a troubleshooting section, if I can find the answers to these. I appreciate any help, as I say, I am sure they have been answered already, but finding the answers is not proving easy.

Thanks!!!!!

Chris

I already have PWA installed, and working correctly. I also use the Login ala Amazon page (which includes PWA on the page).

Can I install FEC around the PWA that is currently installed?

If I can't install around it: If I remove the current install of PWA, and switch to the one included in FEC, will this one work with the Login ala Amazon page?

I have been looking through this topic for two hours and it seems these have been hashed out, but I am not finding the answers I need. I have the fasteasycheckout 3.0 installed and am running into the following problems:

1.) When the customer inputs a credit card number, it comes back with a message that says:

The first four digits of the number entered are: <br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.

If I hit continue again, the checkout completes (It takes the number the second time).

2.) When I get to the checkout_success.php I get a blank page.

3.) After I complete this purchase (Without creating an account), I have a button on the top of the page that says logoff.

4.) When I use the code to ask if they are sure that they would not like to create an account, the cart comes up with account_password_new.php which is a blank page, I have disabled this for now, as I am not 100% sure that it would work.

With two pages coming up blank, is there a sessions problem here?

Most of the solutions I have found are not for this newer version (Questions asked on dates before this was released), I would be happy to update the install docs with a troubleshooting section, if I can find the answers to these. I appreciate any help, as I say, I am sure they have been answered already, but finding the answers is not proving easy.

Thanks!!!!!

Chris

Hi Chris - I was running into the same problem of your point number one of the credit card being returned with the will not accept message. This problem was occuring when customers would use the Authorize.net payment module for me. I found if the credit card information was entered incorrectly the first time and generated an error message the customer would get stuck on the payment page without being able to update their credit card info.

This is the solution I used.

I placed the following code in the checkout_confirmation.php file under

require('includes/application_top.php');

tep_session_unregister('cvv');

tep_session_unregister('credit_card_type');

Hope this helps you or anyone else.