osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am only doing the first step, combine checkout_shipping.php and checkout_payment.php

but after first step everytime when click on check out, it gives me empty page and just stay there doing nothing.

anyone any idea?

Thanks.

You need to check your installation. Replace the backup files and try the install again.

A blank page generally means a php syntax error such as missing semicolor or quotation mark. Double check your work a few times and try the install again.

Many people have installed this contribution so it is not something wrong with the contribution but with your install.

redrum an account with a random password is actually created although it should be invisible to the customer . actually very little is changed so i do not know why there should be any problem

Ok, but what function does the line with the temporary password in the language file fast_account.php has?

define('TEMP_PASSWORD', '12PO687OIK');

thanks,

Fredrik

Warning: Slightly off-topic.

ok, so I know that the:

catalog/includes/functions/password_funcs.php says:

// This function makes a new password from a plaintext password. 
 function tep_encrypt_password($plain) {
$password = '';

for ($i=0; $i<10; $i++) {
  $password .= tep_rand();
}

$salt = substr(md5($password), 0, 2);

$password = md5($salt . $plain) . ':' . $salt;

return $password;
 }

What I'm trying to do is:

Set up a seperate registration page. IE a members registration page so that I can add members to my members database and automatically throw them into OSC. I'm not having a problem doing that, I can add my members to the OSC database with no problem, but they can't log in because it's just straight MD5 encryption, so it doesn't see it as the same password

how do I get this "salt" value added so it'll work?

any ideas? Sorry to ask this here, but ya'll seem to be the smartest people I've run accross in my limited time here.

thanks

that jon jackson

PS.

Thanks for your solution about how to redirect after registration nana it worked like a charm.

nana, thanks for your answers. And I'm sorry for asking alot of questions that don't really have to do anything about get this contrib to work, but I want to know abit of how this contrib works.

If I get this right FEC creates a random password for the customer, so the customer don't need to open an account. And the customer information will remain in the customer database table.

I'm not sure, but I think PWA let the customer log in with a set password, and then delete the customer from the customer database table.

If I got this right, this is a very much better contib then PWA. Well, even if I haven't got it right, it looks like its a better contrib. You have done a real good job. :thumbsup:

When using this contib, should all the codes from PWA be removed?

thanks,

Fredrik

redrum

you has store owner can set this contribution to manage this in diffrent ways

you can give the customer choice and let him to choose a password

or

you can have the store create a random password for him

setup on top of the page

or you can have him decide if he wants to create an account after purchase

an account is created and stored in the db

if a customer with a no account comes back the old customer entery in the db is erased and a new one is created

all the no_accounts are hidden from the customer

you can give the no_accounts a second chance to create an account either from a link in the header or after checkout or in the email or all

you can omit any of these choices when you are doing the file edits

this contribution is not a set of predetermined steps but it gives you the store owner to set its flow to the way you want easier

you do not have to use all of its options but just what you want

the best way of using this is first decide how you want the account process to function think about how you want the flow to be and then use and adjust this to that model that you want

also

you can collect one address or two address at the time pf create account by using either one of the files

you combine the checkout shipping and checkout payment

you can decide the order of the form in checkout

customer can also get a grand total before entering his cc info

what it is meant to do is not only make the account creation optional but reduce a few steps from the checkout

if you can do a little bit oc coding you should be able to remove checkout confirmation also

i hope i answered most of your questions also there is a demo site it does not work all the time since i do some work on it now and then but

you can check it out

http://seelily.com

just try them out

I have read the thread and dont see it mentioned. Has anyone changed the code where you can go directly back to checkout_confirmation after you initiate an edit address change from that page instead of having to go back thru and enter your credit card number again. Is this a security issue or just a matter of registering or not registering card info. I guess the whole page could be eliminated if you have the capabilty of billing address and shipping address change on the checkout_shipping page.

Frank, I noticed you have that on your checkout at seelily. Is that code available?

an account is created and stored in the db

if a customer with a no account comes back the old customer entery in the db is erased and a new one is created

all the no_accounts are hidden from the customer

thanks, I got it. I have installed it and played around with it for a while, and I can se when a customer use an email address thats already is in the database the first/old customer information gets deleted and the new one will be inserted.

I also noticed that the field customers_newsletter in the table customers is blank if the customers don't subscribe to the newsletter, perhaps it should be set to 0 instead?

I have read the thread and dont see it mentioned. Has anyone changed the code where you can go directly back to checkout_confirmation after you initiate an edit address change from that page instead of having to go back thru and enter your credit card number again. Is this a security issue or just a matter of registering or not registering card info. I guess the whole page could be eliminated if you have the capabilty of billing address and shipping address change on the checkout_shipping page.

Frank, I noticed you have that on your checkout at seelily. Is that code available?

Be careful about this. Perhaps if only the billing address is changed then to go to Checkout confirmation directly is fine. But if the customer changes their shipping address, you may need to recalculate the shipping charges, especially if your rates change based on different zip codes (like USPS, UPS, and FedEx).

I don't know if I've done anything wrong but the checkout doesn't work as I want it to... :blush:

The problem is that when I have products in my shopping-cart as a GUEST and want to checkout the "Create account site" appear, that is good but I also would like the "Log in" box to appear above that...

How do I accomplish that?

Thanks for a nice contrib!

richmoijn in the file at top you can set the value to 1

just read the first few lines of the file

redrum you if this is done in the oscommerce just replace the few line of could regarding newsletter and i will fix this in the next version

Edited by nana

redrum you if this is done in the oscommerce just replace the few line of could regarding newsletter and i will fix this in the next version

I checked the database in my live shop and tested a couple of things. In the database there are 3 values in customers_newsletter, a blank field, 1 and 0.

If a customer doesn't subscribe to the newsletter when he create the account, the field will be blank.

But if he subscribe to the newsletter when he creates the account, the field will be set to 1. If he after that log in to his account and unsubscribe to the newsletter the filed will be set to 0.

I have alot of modifications and contribs in my shops, but this just might be the way OSC work. if so, then I guess you don't need to do any changes regarding ths matter. However, my PHP and MySQL skills are limited so I'm just guessing and assuming here.

// Fredrik

Safoo, excellant point on the shipping charges changing. Would only be good if the address didnt change from the general area. I guess the shipping charges could be updated automatically. Seems the idea of entering your credit card twice could deter some customers and prolong the FEC but realize there are alot of possible scenarios.

If a customer doesn't subscribe to the newsletter when he create the account, the field will be blank.

But if he subscribe to the newsletter when he creates the account, the field will be set to 1. If he after that log in to his account and unsubscribe to the newsletter the filed will be set to 0.

It's not that big a deal. if you want to have 0's instead of blanks, go to phpmyadmin and set the default value for the field to 0. This way, instead of blanks, 0's will be entered in the database. You can search in google on how to use phpmyadmin if you need help.

etek14, You are right. There are too many scenarios and everyone has different requirements for their checkout. As Nana has mentioned, FEC is made to adapt to any site. You can accomplish auto updating of shipping charges and all these things but you will be on your own :thumbsup:

The stock OSC checkout is not too bad as it was. If you have already implemented FEC on your site, then it will be enough. What I mean is, don't worry too much about what the customer may think. I can assure you that you will almost never get a complaint that the checkout is too long even if they had to enter credit card number twice.

richmoijn in the file at top you can set the value to 1

just read the first few lines of the file

My create_account looks like this, 1 is acctually set for the login box... can you give me some more advice?

///////////////////////////////////////
//configuration
$show_account_box = 1;
//IF you want to give the option to create an account with random password choose to 0 if not
$create_password = 0;// set to 1 to create an account with random password
$show_login=1;// set to 1 to show login box
////////////////////////////////////////////

Thank you for your help!

I am interested in this contribution and was just wondering of its compatability with certain other contributions. I would appreciate any feed back of known bugs or conflicts with the following.

1. Giftwrap

2. Purchase without Account

3. Credit class Gift voucher

Always greatful,

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

richmoijn make sure that all the files are copied and the include line for login box is there

moonbeam

gccv is comptable but all changes to checkout_payment.php and checkout_shipping.php must be made to

checkout_shipping.php

PWA is not necessary since this has its own version you might be able to modify FEC so you won't need to make all the edits to existing files but that is on you

giftwrap i do not know but should not be a problem if it works with PWA

let us know how it works out

I am getting the following error when a new customer registers and doesnt select the account creation. At the Confirm Order click I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/httpd/vhosts/catfishangler.com/httpdocs/catalog/account_password_new.php on line 237

Not sure why? Here is what I have in the account_password_new.php

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td><?phpif (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')){ echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_end_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>';}else{echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>';} ?></td>
			<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_create_account.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

Thanks in advance!

Scott