The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amy run this in your phpmyadmin

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `confirmation_key`VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT 'tempemptyconfirm' NOT NULL;

Hi Frank and Amy,

I've got the same problem. Even when I have inserted the database-query as above, but still the error 1054 does appear.

please help us with that...

ps: i've downloaded fast easy checkout version 2.0 and found an error in it: after filling in the quick order form and pressing the confirm button, it says 'please fill in your gender'. But there's no input field for gender, so I've inserted this myself, but it might be an issue to check for it for version 2.1???

marcus

ps: i've downloaded fast easy checkout version 2.0 and found an error in it: after filling in the quick order form and pressing the confirm button, it says 'please fill in your gender'. But there's no input field for gender, so I've inserted this myself, but it might be an issue to check for it for version 2.1???

ps(2): i've found 2 other errormessages. I don't know if it's only on my pages, but maybe there's someone who can help me with this:

error 1: on checkout_shipping.php after login if a customer is ok by his billingaddress he's clicking on the continue-button and the following error apears: 'document.checkout_payment.payment.lenght' is null or not an object.

error 2: on checkout_account3.php while the page is loading the following error appears when showing the button for showing the billingaddress: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object

I hope there's someone who can help me with this.

marcus

there was an error in the instruction with the sql code which had a blank in it and it would not work that is why you have to insert this code and make sure the extra field is added

i know about gender field and i will add it

error 2

document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object error is in the <body> tag just remove it see if it works

error 1 use the checkout_shipping.php that i posted in the last few page if your problem presist please supply a link

i will fix and post 2.1 by tommorrow

The contribution for editing the address worked for me. It would be useful to incorporate that into this contribution.

The next thing I have to work on is using master password with this. Fine if the customer has created an account.

If not then logging in as the customer in order to complete transactions where the customer wasn't returned from the external payment processor to osc doesn't work.

Yes I can see a way of fooling the login routines into continuing by changing that database query to just return the value of createaccount rather than only looking for createaccount = Y.

Then a little bit of code to show an error if createaccount is 'N' unless master password is being used.

Hopefully it will work and allow checkout without actually creating an account.

Well as I suspected it worked enough to enable the transaction to be completed on behalf of the customer. The only thing is that the email that is sent to the customer is as if he had created an account. But it goes most of the way there.

there was an error in the instruction with the sql code which had a blank in it and it would not work that is why you have to insert this code and make sure the extra field is added

i know about gender field and i will add it

error 2

document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object error is in the <body> tag just remove it see if it works

error 1 use the checkout_shipping.php that i posted in the last few page if your problem presist please supply a link

i will fix and post 2.1 by tommorrow

Frank,

I've removed the document.getElementById at aprox. line 233 and removed 'onsubmit="return check_form();"' at aprox. line 302 in checkout_shipping.php

this helpes and the problem is gone.

also the 1054 MySQL-error is gone by removing the old confirmation_key in the database and putting in the new one.

thanx for it all

marcus

you have to go to your phpmyadmin or any other sql program your host provided in your website control panel the same place you entered it

but what happends when you try to enter this ? do you get an error message?

make sure you backup your db ncase you make a mistake

when I enter the correct sql string it says that it is successfull. BTW you have to add a space between ' and var or you get an error.

What I do not know is how to remove the old confermation key and add the new one as I am a newb and while I can follow step by step instructions I do not know where things are or how to do things with them unless it is obvious such as a button on the page.

Also I was going to try a fresh install but when I went to my fantastico oscomerce was no longer an option.

I have copied all the origional files into a folder on my computer as well as copying the modified files into a different folder.

Edited by Tres Lunas

run this in your phpmyadmin the same way you did the other one

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.6.4-pl2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
-- 
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Nov 05, 2005 at 06:31 PM
-- Server version: 4.0.25
-- PHP Version: 4.3.11
-- 
-- Database: `seelily_osc6`
-- 

-- --------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-- Table structure for table `customers`
-- 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `customers`;
CREATE TABLE `customers` (
 `customers_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
 `customers_gender` char(1) NOT NULL default '',
 `customers_firstname` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
 `customers_lastname` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
 `customers_dob` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
 `customers_email_address` varchar(96) NOT NULL default '',
 `customers_default_address_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 `customers_telephone` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
 `customers_fax` varchar(32) default NULL,
 `customers_password` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
 `customers_newsletter` char(1) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY  (`customers_id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=28;

-- 
-- Dumping data for table `customers`
-- 

INSERT INTO `customers` VALUES (1, 'm', 'John', 'doe', '2001-01-01 00:00:00', 'root@localhost', 1, '12345', '', 'd95e8fa7f20a009372eb3477473fcd34:1c', '0');

then try to register a new customer

no i am sorry my fault we are almost done i have actually sent you a fresh table now you have to run the two addition to the table just make sure you use the correct one

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `confirmation_key`VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT 'tempemptyconfirm' NOT NULL;

and the other one from the instruction

hat should do it

i am going to hang around till you get it

Edited by nana

1054 - Unknown column 'confirmation_key' in 'field list'

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_newsletter, confirmation_key, createaccount, customers_password, customers_dob) values ('Amy', 'mole', '[email protected]', '425-246-0790', '', '', 'm3dwynn1', 'Y', 'a71feaf76d9a707fc4da1e37bce2ec52:cc', '19750819')

[TEP STOP]

the url of the page the error is on is http://tresluna.com/shop/create_account.php

the shop is

www.tresluna.com/shop