• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

Yes,

It just just an idea. A simplification I hope :-)

I would be interested to hear people's views on this.

What I had in mind is that the customer should still have the choice in create_account.php of whether or not to create an account. The main difference would be checkbox instead of radiobox (and no password boxes).

if a customer sets the createaccount to 'Y' in the create_account.php he should be get logged in and be able to use his account in the normal way but with a random generated password (just like in the no account case).

So the main difference between the account and the no account behaviour would be in the content of the email. The No account one would stay as it is now. The yes account one would contain their password (because there's no way they are gong to remember it otherwise) and invite them to change it to something more memorable.

If he doesn't create an account then the logic continues as before.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, would it be possible for you to upload a new complete zip of the recent changes to this contribution? I noticed the contribution hasn't been updated on the downloads site in awhile, but here there are a ton of new postings for code changes. Just wanted to get the latest thing when I install this great mod today :). Thanks.

Did anyone made the CCGV contribution actually work with the fast easy checkout?

I tried tweaking here and there, but the damn thing always go to

../checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_gv&error=You+did+not+enter+a+redeem+code.

Totally annoying! >_<

It should be going to checkout_confirmation.php but it never gets there. It actually recognise the coupon. It shows on the shopping cart box and it shows nicely on the checkout_shipping.php page as well (I am using the module shipping as well)... So why oh why? :blink:

Alessandra Bastin

david i agree i think that would be a nice way of doing it i am going to maybe modify create_account3.php to have that may be as create_account4.php

now you know what the 3 is for 2 is for my modified shop

lol

chris i will upload a new version in a couple of days

i have them working together i had the ccgv installation although an older one

i have also included what has to be done to the new checkout_shipping.php and checkout confirmation includes a couple of lines almost on the top of the file

but they are commented out just look for them

please make sure the ccgv is working before instalation of fast easy checkout since it is a lot more involved and i really can not support if i am not sure where the problem might be

Hello,

I get this error when trying to put in the sql with myPHPadmin:

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `createaccount` CHAR( 1 ) DEFAULT 'Y' NOT NULL

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'createaccount'

What am I doing wrong?

mike just do this in your phpmyadmin the first line is already done and the problem is with the second line which has an extra blank space in it

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `confirmation_key`VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT 'tempemptyconfirm' NOT NULL;

i have them working together i had the ccgv installation although an older one

i have also included what has to be done to the new checkout_shipping.php and checkout confirmation includes a couple of lines almost on the top of the file

but they are commented out just look for them

please make sure the ccgv is working before instalation of fast easy checkout since it is a lot more involved and i really can not support if i am not sure where the problem might be

great! Can you tell me which version of the CCGV did you use?

Thanks

Alessandra

i really do not know which version of ccgv i have. the best thing to do is get anyversion that you have working first since it is a complicated contribution and then try to make it work with fast easy checkout.

if you have one installed already go back to the original checkout first and make sure everything work then lat me know what conflict you have and i try to help you resolve it

Hi Frank,

Just a little update from my post above...

Ive managed to change the status bar in the combined shipping/payment part of your contrib to correctly reflect the number of steps.

The code from line 665 ish now reads...

<tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		  <tr>
			<td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>
		  <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td></tr>
		</table></td>
		  <tr>
			<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
			<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>

<tr>
			<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>

<td align="center" width="33%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT; ?></td>
		<td align="center" width="33%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>
		<td align="center" width="33%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>
	  </tr>

Of course you also have to make the same changes in the rest of the shopping cart process to reflect the same.

Hope this helps sir!

Hi Frank,

Following on from my earlier post, I noticed that if you create an account in the process of checking out, it now adds an extra screen to the checkout process. It is the screen that tells you that you have created an account, what a wonderful thing this account will be and invites you to press continue.

I thought this contribution was about reducing the number of screens you have to go through to check out :-)

I don't remember it doing that before.

david around line294 change

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {
		tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
		} else {
		tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));
		   }[code]

i made this change because another person requested it a while back and i completly forgot about it :blush:

Edited by nana

Hi,

Great Contribution. I had to modify some of the define titles, becuase they weren't labeled right, but I just got it working. I also got PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN installed.

I'm just confused about the emails.

With the PayPal_IPN If a buyer does not create an account and orders do they get an email showing what they ordered or does the PayPal IPN have to first confirm the order before sending an email?

I tried creating an account and ordering, and the buyer does get an email saying account created.

Also, are they supposed to recieve an email if they do NOT create an account giving them the option to make one, I tired checking out without an account and never got any emails?

I changed the footer, by simply, pointing the second option to checkout_shipping.php, like this:

<tr>
<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom">Start</td>
<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent">Payment & Shipping<br>Information</td>
<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>
<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>
</tr>

SO it shows: START----Payment & Shipping Info----Confirmation-----Finished!

The instructions say this, but I never got an email. Am I suppossed to?

This contribution also provides for a second chance for create an account in three methods

Email- it creates a security key and provides a link in the checkout email that allows the customer to come back to the site and create an account if he did not before purchase

Thanks

I like the idea of having the customer to be able to edit their billing or shipping address, without having to enter a completly new one. Also, being able to erase an address form the address book. Does nayone know of a contribution that can do this? It would be great for this one.

mike you are not supposed to get a email if you do not create an account

which create an account are you using?

are you getting the create_account_confirmation email?

second chance email is the same as your order email

if you used the paypal ipn then that sends the confirmation email from a diffrent location so you must make some changes to that file[ipn file] also which ipn are you using

Hello,

I wrote this code up to solve the problem of editing the address during checkout. Someone was saying how they did not like it when a buyer clicks "change address" and then they can only add a new one inthe fields given.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3720

My contribution allows you to edit the address without going into your address book.

Maybe you can use it for this contribution.

Edited by dailce

checkout_payment_address is only for the shipping. I haven't done it for the billing yet.

Try it on a default install to see how it works.

I hope I didn't forget to include anything.

Edited by dailce

I recently removed PWA .82 and installed Fast Easy Checkout because of better page flow.

Unfortunately, I'm getting an javascript error in Win Explorer but not Win Firefox on the create_account.php page if I decide to not create an account (the error doesn't appear if I choose to create an account):

Java Script Error

Description: '$createaccount' is undefined

Source: http://*****/create_account.php

Line: 72

I've checked form_check.js.php and it looks good. The Fast Easy edits are in place.

Although I do receive the Java Script error when I press Continue, I am taken to the checkout_shipping.php page.

Any suggestions would be great.

:)

InternetKev - I had the same problem. Look at post 433 in this thread and see if it helps you.

-Mike

Thanks Mike for the information. It helped a lot!

I also had to make one more edit to form_check.js.php

Code from Fast Easy Checkout "upload complete" folder, with minor edits to the check_password function in bold (basically added $createaccount to the list of variables being checked):

//fast easy checkout begin edit

function check_password(field_name_1, field_name_2, field_size, message_1, message_2, $createaccount) {

if (form.elements[field_name_1] && (form.elements[field_name_1].type != "hidden")) {

var password = form.elements[field_name_1].value;

var confirmation = form.elements[field_name_2].value;

if (password == '' || password.length < field_size) {

error_message = error_message + "* " + message_1 + "\n";

if ($createaccount == 'Y') error = true;

} else if (password != confirmation) {

error_message = error_message + "* " + message_2 + "\n";

if ($createaccount == 'Y') error = true;

}

}

}

//fast easy checkout end edit

I am getting the same error people were getting several pages back.

1054 - Unknown column 'confirmation_key' in 'field list'

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_newsletter, confirmation_key, createaccount, customers_password, customers_dob) values ('janic', 'black', '[email protected]', '425-263-4536', '', '', 'gFXAGri5NHxvGTV', 'N', '01d027084b94dfb078a89bd46c735b9c:ef', '19950908')

This happens when I hit submit after inputing the customer information and choosing cash on delivery (because I do not have a payment method set up yet)

I installed part 1 and 2 of the latest version of this contribution and the patch to a fresh os instalation. I have read through all 27 pages of this thread and tried the various fixes that were recogmended for this issue with no success. On the upside this stuff is starting to make a little sense instead of all looking like some funky alien language. I would be very happy if I could get this to work.

Edited by Tres Lunas