fast easy checkout

nana

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the email sorry in create account approx line 248

change

tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

to

if ($createaccount == 'Y') tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

this should solve it

Edited by nana

I can't decide whether to be tremendously happy that I don't have to keep working on combining the shipping and payment pages, or irritated that I wasted the last several weeks working on it intermittently.

But I think I'm leaning towards happy, so thanks.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

sorry i had a problem with the js that was giving error when no password was choosen

i fixed the problem by changing function check_password in includes/form_check.js.php

here is the new function

function check_password(field_name_1, field_name_2, field_size, message_1, message_2) {
 if (form.elements[field_name_1] && (form.elements[field_name_1].type != "hidden")) {
   var password = form.elements[field_name_1].value;
   var confirmation = form.elements[field_name_2].value;

if (password == '' || password.length < field_size) {
     error_message = error_message + "* " + message_1 + "\n";
    if  ($createaccount == 'Y')    error = true;
   } else if (password != confirmation) {
     error_message = error_message + "* " + message_2 + "\n";
      if  ($createaccount == 'Y')  error = true;
   }
 }
}

Is this directed to my question on the state?

that was setup in admin as normal

i have not tried everything but it seems that every adjustment are the same as the normal checkout procedure in oscommerce

I tried out your site to see how the checkout works and noticed it asks for city, zipcode and country but no state. So I checked my checkout and it asks for state as its needed to ship in the US. I did not change anything in check out...that's all I need...to break my checkout too, lol. :rolleyes:

If I were to install your contribution which I would like to, how would I get the state added?

When I put in an invalid credit card number, the columns went a bit all over the shop.

Great contrib have been thinking about doing this for a while, glad you've split the atom.

I seem to be the only one with this problem, but my store isn't registering any credit card number with this. I'm getting this error message: "The first four digits of the number entered are: . If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card. If it is wrong, please try again." I'm using the basic credit card module used in osc and entering the basic 4111111111111111. Anyone got any ideas why?

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

gillian i do not think this has anything to do with the mode

oldworldcharms i think your pm box is full i can not answer yours

if you do not want to use the pwa part you do not need to do the sql changes just replace checkout_shipping.php and make the changes in checkout_shipping_address,php as in readme file

I seem to be the only one with this problem, but my store isn't registering any credit card number with this.  I'm getting this error message:  "The first four digits of the number entered are: . If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card. If it is wrong, please try again."  I'm using the basic credit card module used in osc and entering the basic 4111111111111111.  Anyone got any ideas why?

I'm getting the exact same thing happening to me. It works fine if you enter 4111111111111111 from the regular checkout_payment.php page but not from the new one where everything is combined which is pretty great looking. Just need to work out this bug :(

It's not a problem with the module - if I switch back to the default checkout_payment page, it works fine. It only stops working when I install the combined checkout_shipping/payment page.

Where to put this line exactly?

5-add to CHECKOUT_PROCESS

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " set customers_email_address = '@_" . $email_address. "' where customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and createaccount = 'N'");

Absolutely terrific contribution. Thank you for your hard work.

Just went to the example site to have a look at the contribution in action but create_account comes up with "error on page" down the bottom left hand corner of my browser window.

Also, I have PWA installed and would like to keep the standard PWA 3 options (existing customer, create account, proceed to checkout) in the first step of the checkout process but would like to combine just the payment and shipping page. Is it possible to do this just by leaving the create_account modifications out?

Sarah

for the email sorry in create account approx line 248

change

tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

to

if  ($createaccount == 'Y') tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

this should solve it

In response to this post:

shouldn't it be:

if ($createaccount == 'Y') {

}

Instead of just deleting the e-mail address, I would like to delete the customers entire entry in the CUSTOMERS database upon confirmation of checkout to keep down on the number of duplicate entries, etc.

Anyone willing to help with the SQL here?

This is looking really good! I have it running on my test system now.

I have a few suggestions that hopefully will make it clearer for the customer

All these changes are to (catalog)/languages/english/create_account.php:

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Your Details');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Your Details');
define('LOGINBOX_NEW_CUSTOMER', 'New Customer - Please Fill in Your Details');
define('LOGINBOX_EXISTING_CUSTOMER', ' Existing Customer');
define('CATEGORY_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create an Account?');
define('YES_ACCOUNT', 'Yes please, create an account for me.');
define('NO_ACCOUNT', 'No thanks, this is a one-off purchase.');

CATEGORY_CREATE_ACCOUNT is a new definition to replace CATEGORY_PASSWORD in (catalog)/create_account.php somewhere around line 550. The reason being that this section is now mainly about whether or not to create an account. The password is incidental.

There was a typo 'EXSISTING' for 'EXISTING' is both of the above files which I fixed.

I added

$checked = true

before the closing bracket of 'tep_draw_radio_field' for one of the radio boxes because somehow it looked odd having neither of them checked by default. I have never seen that before.

I changed ENTRY_CREATEACCOUNT to ENTRY_CREATE_ACCOUNT becuase it seemed more consistent. If there was a reason it was the other way then please let me know.

Also because the password fields were way off to the right I added colspan=2 so it looks like this:

<td class="main" colspan=2><?php echo ENTRY_CREATE_ACCOUNT; ?></td>

David

Edited by radders

thanks david for the help i will make the changes in the update

pnkranger i don't know if it would make a diffrence but i will change it in new update

misa it goes right after the tep_mail functions in checkout_process.

if you have paypalipn you might have to put it somewhere in those file also

996 and Gil_e_n i found the problem and have found a solution which i will piut in the update shortly

at this time i can not get it to work with other payment modules that you enter the cc number other than the cc module

sarah1980 and anyone who does not want to use the no account option they can use the shipping file

this works independently

pnkranger i don't know if removing the data would create a problem or not at this time nothing is removed just updated. i would suggest seting up a cron to do this after letting a period of time is expired since you might need these info for a while

i will post a new one in a few houirs that fixes the cc problem and clear the code as far as the other payment options with cc input i haven't figured out the problem yet and since i don't use them i am really not very familiar with them so it might take a while if any one comes up with a solution it would be nice

fixed the problem with cc values not passed learned from empo's contribution

i got it to work only with cc and authorizenet can not figure out problem with other modules i never used them before

fix the js for checking the password

fixed some define values as per radders

made create account pre checked as radders suggested

changed login.php and create_account.php to show/noshow the no account feature depending where they come from

just uploaded version 1.3

need some help about psi and 2checkout modules if anyone familiar with them and willing to help please let me know

thx

Seems to pass the information to WorldPay and PayPal OK.

I haven't actually completed a transaction using it through either of these but the amount and the address information was passed into Worldpay.

thanks david

if someone can try

authorizenet

and pm2checkout

and psi gate

or any other payment module for compatibility it would be nice

all you have to do is to upload the checkout_shipping.php and give it a shot !!!the rest of the files are for create_account without force

there was a problem passing cc field to checkout_confirmation.php which i think it is working now

i tested in cc and authorizenet and it seems to work

in psi and 2checkout i have a problem but that problem also exist in my regular checkout_payment.php so i do not know where the problem is

so please if anyone tries this post if it works with your payment modules and shipping modules and post any bugs

thx

Edited by nana