• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is There a current WYSIWYG editor around here?

keress

I've been struggling the last day and a half to get the HTMLarea WYSIWIG editor installed, to no avail, and with no support. What is it people are using these days that's supported?

Edited by keress

I've been struggling the last day and a half to get the HTMLarea WYSIWIG editor installed, to no avail, and with no support.? What is it people are using these days that's supported?

Hello Keress, this is the one i use , not sure if it is the same, works ok for me but their may be better!! dont know

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,wysiwyg+editor

if you have a new site that hasnt been changed , install is pretty good, if your site has been changed, a bit more work.

backup all files before your change them.

some times good to find a support thread first before installing a contrib , to see what the problems may be.

derek

Edited by titch

Thanks, Titch, that's the one I've been trying to install. I spent a good part of yesterday reading threads, trying to decide what to use, but couldn't find anything that had people answering questions lately. I decided to take a chance on this one.

It's working for the "main page" define on the admin panel, though there's a ERROR_FILE_NOT_WRITEABLE message. Someone reported that opening the read/write permissions on the mainpage.php file will fix that, so I have that to try.

The REAL problem is that for the product content input areas there is no difference. It's the same old input screen as ever, as if I had not installed anything. I've checked and re-checked all my files to make sure I uploaded everything I needed to, but nothing's working.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get this working, maybe someone can help -

i followed it through and the entry for it appeared under configuration in admin, but i dont know how to actually edit a page with it..

can someone help?

thanks.

gary.

• 2 weeks later...