• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Return To Merchant

bobrush

When someone orders something from my cart and uses the paypal option they are takin to paypal and paypal works but when they press return to merchant they go to the login page and the sale never gets registered in the cart! HELPPP

See if this works

... Go into your paypal profile

turn on the setting for auto return /.. don't remember where it is exactly

also ... under Instant Payment Notification Preferences

put :

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) On

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: http://yoursite.com/catalog/checkout_success.php

• 3 weeks later...

It's under "Website Payment Preferences" in your Profile

Auto Return for Website Payments:

Auto Return for Website Payments brings your buyers back to your website immediately after payment completion. Auto Return applies to PayPal Website Payments, including Buy Now, Donations, Subscriptions, and Shopping Cart.

I've had this problem with people who pay via PayPal with a credit card, but don't have a paypal account. The order does not get recorded on OSC and all I get is the PayPal payment alert, without order details. I just turned on the Auto Return option, hopefully that will fix it...

Edited by myford