• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Supertracker Development

equilla

This is a great contribution. It closed the loop on my analytics with its feature of measuring add to cart but no buy.

Now I have a question. I am seeing a lot of visits which are usually attached to a ppc campaign. I see something like this:

A real browser:

Customer Browser Ident: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1

Time Arrived: 07/18/2006 14:25:54

Last Click: 07/18/2006 14:25:54

Time on Site: 0hrs 0mins 0 seconds

Number of Clicks: 1

Should I assume this is a fraudulent ppc? Or is there another explantion? They look like a real browser visitor but they act like a robot as they leave when they arrive.

This is a great contribution. It closed the loop on my analytics with its feature of measuring add to cart but no buy.

Edited by jodo

• 1 month later...
HI, nice small tracker, Thanks.

I'm wandering if there is a way to increase numbers from "the last 10 users" to 100 users?

sure, you need to change the value in this part

switch ($filter) {

case 'all' :

if ($refer_match == '') $lt_query = "select * from supertracker ORDER by last_click DESC LIMIT " . $offset . ",10";

else $lt_query = "select * from supertracker where referrer like '%" . $refer_match . "%' ORDER by last_click DESC LIMIT " . $offset . ",10";

break;

case 'bailed' :

$lt_query = "select * from supertracker where added_cart = 'true' and completed_purchase = 'false' " . $match_refer_string . " ORDER by last_click DESC LIMIT " . $offset . ",10";

break;

case 'completed' :

$lt_query = "select * from supertracker where completed_purchase = 'true' " . $match_refer_string . " ORDER by last_click DESC LIMIT " . $offset . ",10";

break;

} // end switch

and also further down in this part (one is a define)

<strong><a href="supertracker.php?special=last_ten&offset=<?php echo $offset + 10;?>&filter=<?php echo $filter;?>&refer_match=<?php echo $refer_match;?>"><?php echo TABLE_TEXT_NEXT_TEN_RESULTS; ?></a></strong>

change the dropdown text to match too...

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

• 1 month later...
Is there a way to ignore the admin or IP coming from the local computer in Supertracker?

Great contribution...

Thanks,

Monito

Hi,

yes, you just need to find this line in /catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php:

$excluded_ips = '';

and edit it to put your IP address between the quotes. You can add more than one IP here by separating them with commas.

Mark

Hi,

yes, you just need to find this line in /catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php:

$excluded_ips = '';

and edit it to put your IP address between the quotes. You can add more than one IP here by separating them with commas.

Mark

Thanks, it works great. Can I add like a range of IPs? i.e. 192.109.78.*

Thanks,

Monito

Sorry, no. The code as it is at the moment doesn't allow for blocks of IP address, but there's no reason why the code couldn't be amended to provide for this.

Regards,

Mark

Sorry, no. The code as it is at the moment doesn't allow for blocks of IP address, but there's no reason why the code couldn't be amended to provide for this.

Regards,

Mark

BTW, thanks for this contribution I added some code to the ignoring bots part, but it uses the spider.txt file instead.

$agent = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
 if (tep_not_null($agent)) {
   $spiders = file(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'spiders.txt');
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($spiders); $i<$n; $i++) {
	 if (tep_not_null($spiders[$i])) {
	   if (is_integer(strpos($agent, trim($spiders[$i])))) {
		 $record_session = false;
		 break;
	   }
	 }
   }
 }

Thanks,

Monito

I want to thank the author(s) of Supertracker. This was one of the few contributions that installed cleaning (on a site with already over 20 contribs installed). The only problems I had were mistakes on my part.

The only minor adjustment I suggest is the number of product images displayed on a row. Right now, I have googlebot (on my site for over 15 hrs now!) and it's viewed a lot of products, thus the listing of product images is causing a horizontal scroll bar. It's not a huge problem by any means. Just a cosmetic thing.

I mainly installed it because I wanted to know where my visitors went once they entered the store...what products they viewed, etc. This was perfect! Awstats gave me a lot of great info, but just was missing this small bit.

Again, thank you for a solid contrib. I look forward to updates and new features.

I want to thank the author(s) of Supertracker. This was one of the few contributions that installed cleaning (on a site with already over 20 contribs installed). The only problems I had were mistakes on my part.

The only minor adjustment I suggest is the number of product images displayed on a row. Right now, I have googlebot (on my site for over 15 hrs now!) and it's viewed a lot of products, thus the listing of product images is causing a horizontal scroll bar. It's not a huge problem by any means. Just a cosmetic thing.

I mainly installed it because I wanted to know where my visitors went once they entered the store...what products they viewed, etc. This was perfect! Awstats gave me a lot of great info, but just was missing this small bit.

Again, thank you for a solid contrib. I look forward to updates and new features.

Barbara, that bothered me also with this lovely contrib so I added a table with cells. Another option would be a div with the float setting. Anyway, here is my version, maybe you can use it:

if ($products_viewed != '') {
		  echo '<tr><td class="dataTableContent"><strong>' . TABLE_TEXT_PRODUCTS . ' </strong><table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0><tr>';
		  $count = 0;
		  foreach ($prod_view_array as $key=>$product_id) {
			  $product_id = rtrim($product_id, '?');
				if ($product_id != '') {
				  $count++;
		$prod_query = "select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " as p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " as pd where p.products_id=pd.products_id and p.products_id='" . $product_id . "'";
				  $prod_result = tep_db_query($prod_query);
				  $prod_row = tep_db_fetch_array($prod_result);
				  echo '<td valign="top" width="180"><table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=2 border=0 align="center" style="border:0px solid #000;"><tr><td align="center" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $prod_row['products_image'], $prod_row['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</td></tr><tr><td class="dataTableContent" align="center">' . $prod_row['products_name'] . '</td></tr></table></td>';
					if ($count == 5) {
						echo '</tr><tr>';
						$count = 0;
					}	
				}				
			}
			echo '</tr></table></td></tr>';
		}

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thanks Monika - will brave doing that shortly *grins*

Another question - is there is way to export results into Excel, Word, or just to print? I was thinking of keeping some kind of record for later comparison over a length of time.

Hi Barbara, a print screen could certainly be added (I have not done that though, never print lol), for an export you'll need to modify some bits of code.

Monika

Ok, another question.

When I look at the Top Referrers from the drop down menu. The first one listed is blank - but it's my highest referrer, blowing away the others. It's not my www.site.com nor www.site.com/catalog nor www.site.com/catalog/index.php .... cause those are listed separately.

Any idea what this blank one is or how I can find out on my own?

Ok, another question.

When I look at the Top Referrers from the drop down menu. The first one listed is blank - but it's my highest referrer, blowing away the others. It's not my www.site.com nor www.site.com/catalog nor www.site.com/catalog/index.php .... cause those are listed separately.

Any idea what this blank one is or how I can find out on my own?

Hi Barbara.

this represents what I call "Direct Access" - in other words people who either typed in the URL for your site, or used a browser bookmark to get to it. Also, anyone using a browser or proxy that withholds their browser referrer information would fall into this category.

Regards,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion for this wonderful contribution:

I had an order last night that came from www.my site.com/shopping_cart purchased without an account. Then I looked at the IP that it came from. Search for the IP in MySQL and there it was the referrer was www. google .com/search.

Here is the code flow: (pseudo code)

if (order_occurred) and (referrer == mywebsite) then
previous_referrer = search previous_referrer_IP with orders_referrer_ip and cart_set_true
if (previous_referrer == false) then
previous_referrer = search previous_referrer_IP with orders_referrer_ip
endif

if previous_referrer  then
  orders_referrer = previous_referrer
endif
endif

Thanks,

Monito

• 11 months later...
ill second that

I third that, I actually added a dropdown option to the Filter list of GOOGLE, which did a browser_string not like '%Google%' as part of the Last 10 search. not a 100% cover for all bots but worked for the Google ones and i will add more as i see them in my list

I have just installed this contribution as I wanted to find a way to pay commissions to people whos referrals result in sales.

was easy to install, what i did have to add a similiar option to the Referer string option in Last 10, for landing page string as my tracking will be more on the get arguments ie: ?referrer=agent1

Would be good if I could add more for the summary totals like number of sales per landing page as well, I may do that over time. If there are any updates happening on this contribution added something like this based on landing page would be nice.

thanks

I have just installed this contribution as I wanted to find a way to pay commissions to people whos referrals result in sales.

was easy to install, what i did have to add a similiar option to the Referer string option in Last 10, for landing page string as my tracking will be more on the get arguments ie: ?referrer=agent1

Would be good if I could add more for the summary totals like number of sales per landing page as well, I may do that over time. If there are any updates happening on this contribution added something like this based on landing page would be nice.

thanks

hi mbuswell,

i've installed your last version of supertracker. the filtering of search engines is a good idea, not just google, but cuill is visiting me oft.

it seems to me, that some options are built in /include/classes/supertracker.php not to record search bots, but though some are recorded in DB, i've tried to exclude them at this point, but i'm too newbie to do it :( if you have any idea, how it can be realised, please inform me. thanks,

• 1 month later...

I am doing advertising with google adwords . the supertracker helps me to track what exactly people search for and where they come from. I also can see the number of click they made, which is great.

often people come , spend couple minutes, visit few pages and then leave without sale. supertracker does say the last page that a person clicked on. I think, however, that the last page is not always a good reason of leaving the website. sometimes there are some pages in between that needs revisions, fixing. Supertracker, unfortunately does not show those pages and therefore I have no clue what exactly made the customer to leave the website without adding a product to their cart or without attempting to buy.

finally , I just wanted to add that Supertracker is a great contribution and that I would like to take the time thanking the person who made this contribution available to the community. thanks and god bless.

• 10 months later...

My hone page has the following error:

Unknown column 'landing_page' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO `supertracker` (`ip_address`, `browser_string`, `country_code`, `country_name`, `referrer`,`referrer_query_string`,`landing_page`,`exit_page`,`time_arrived`,`last_click`) VALUES ('**.***.**.**','Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)','ca', 'Canada', 'http://website.com/store/admin/', '','/store/','/store/index.php','2008-10-25 20:16:16','2008-10-25 20:16:16')

[TEP STOP]

i need help to solve this problem