• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

I dont see why it wouldn't be? OSC is compatible with 5? That suprises me a lot! But it is mysql and not php 5. Hmmm I'm trying to think on the biggest defferences with the versions... What error are you receiving?

I am using php and mysql 5 and the biggest problem I have run into is code that is using <? instead of <?php. I have found a few other things along the way - but for the most part Wishlist was easy for me to install - even though I have a VERY modified store. Great peice of work!

Philip

Thanks for the suggstion, but I've read me a hundred times (and the install procedure as well). pretty sure I got this da..ned thing copied in just as described in the instructinos but still gives me parse errors everywhere...

I try philips erlier suggestion and check the lot for any "<?php" issues

bb

Edited by wheeloftime

hi,

have installed the latest wishlist... and everything is working fine...

Except the emails are not being sent ???

Any ideas...

Thanks

Ps Email is working fine for the rest of the site..

Still looking for an answer .... Anyone ????

I just installed the Wishlist 3.5 newest release. All seems fine except a few things.

When I clicked to goto wishlist I got htis error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/by/public_html/of/Store/includes/header.php:209) in /home/by/public_html/of/Store/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

I comented it out and all seemed fine(was this correct to do?).

On the wishlist.php page it doubles up the left column list and I can not figure out how to edit it to get it to look how I want. Where do I go to edit all the boxes or delete the boxes?

The other issue is I can not add any items to my wish list. I did not see how to add the add to wishlist button to my catalog items. How do I do this?

Thanks

When I clicked to goto wishlist I got htis error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/by/public_html/of/Store/includes/header.php:209) in /home/by/public_html/of/Store/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

I dont remember even using this function with wishlist 3.5?

On the wishlist.php page it doubles up the left column list and I can not figure out how to edit it to get it to look how I want. Where do I go to edit all the boxes or delete the boxes?

What boxes are you referring too? The default OSC boxes on the side such as search and category listing? If thats the boxes your talking about it sounds like you messed something up when installing the wishlist as my code doesn't mess with the layout as far as I know.

The other issue is I can not add any items to my wish list. I did not see how to add the add to wishlist button to my catalog items. How do I do this?

In the install instructions it tells you to add the button to the product_info.php page.

It sounds to me like you have messed something up in your header at first and didn't follow along in the directions completely. I suggest you revert to a backup and start over and take your time to make sure you do everything correctly.

-Dennis

Just went throught the code all seems them same as before. The wishlist.php was in the zip file I never edited any other file except what was in the install.html file. All other pages are fine just the wishlist.php has the double categories.

The page looks like all others (wishlist.php) just that the body portion has another categories"with no heading" a drop down"with names crucial,ebookers,mecca and sky" in it. Then a box with an item in it below this quick find box. To the right of these boxes I get Heading_TITLE no products are in your wishlist.

I just want to know where to got to edit the contents of the wishlist.php page. I have tried to look to see where it would be but no luck. :(

I also rechecked twice the button both of the product_info.php pages:

STEP 12 - Edit catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

Add at the very bottom before the ?>:

//WISHLIST ADDITION

define('PRODUCT_ADDED_TO_WISHLIST', 'Product has been successfully added to your wishlist');

And

STEP 3 - Edit catalog/product_info.php

Find this code:

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']';

} else {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'];

}Below that code ADD this:

//DISPLAY PRODUCT WAS ADDED TO WISHLIST IF WISHLIST REDIRECT IS ENABLED

if(tep_session_is_registered('wishlist_id')) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="messageStackSuccess"><?php echo PRODUCT_ADDED_TO_WISHLIST; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

tep_session_unregister('wishlist_id');

}Find this code:

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Both are in correct and still no buttons to add to wish list.

Please someone help..

Thanks. :)

Anyone help me out on this. I just want to know how to edit the wishlist.php file. I would like to delete some boxes comming up and move others around. I only get the double categories box on this page (wishlist.php) all others are fine.

Also I do not get the add to wish list button on my catalog items.

Please help.

Edited by tim_ver

Make sure your product_info.php file isn't being cached somewhere and if it is clear it. I have also seen a different contribution move the product_info.php file to the index.php file too.

Your the only one i have heard of have double boxes or w/e. Sounds like you have some messed up html/php code somewhere. My money would be in your header.php file or your column_left.php file.

Good luck,

Dennis

"Add to Wishlist"

Download here: Contribution - 1682/

Ok everyone, don't laugh too hard. But my newbie'st (is that a word?) is going to show. :blush:

I'm new to PHP and just installed osC, been having fun messing it up mostly with the CSS file.

I would really like to add the wishlist to the site, but... I want to make sure I go about getting the correct files to start with.

It looks like all I need is -

osCommerce MS2 Wishlist By: yesudo Dated: 20 June 2006

and possibly -

Fix for: Call to a member function on a non-object in error By: LiquidGfx Dated: 14 July 2006

Or do I need some other files in order to make the install work and fix any glithes/bugs?

TIA

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

• 2 weeks later...

so far so good with this contrib.....except this. When I add an item and when I check an item to delete that part works ok. After that I get a screen:

My Wish List contains:

No products are in your Wishlist.

Click here for help on using your Wish List

If I CLICK HELP I get this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

any help would be great thanks......

Nigelman :thumbsup:

In the install why didn't it say to upload wishlist_public and wishlist_help? Does this have something to do with my problem.....originally I didn't install them but when I got the error I then installed those two files but got the same error.

Hmmmm.....

Nigelman :)

Edited by Tsuri Japan

find the php script name that causes the error. Then check if in the languages directory you accidentally placed the catalog file instead of the language file.

Hi

I installed the latest version of the wishlist contribution (for MS2) but now when I add an item to the wishlist it adds to shopping cart instead.

I installed it as the instructions said.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Sam

after some initial problems I now got Wishlist up and running and its just a great contrib !!

One question, though:

Is it possible in the Admin-Area to look at the wishlist of a certain customer, such as to make him a special offer for the products he disires. That would be fantastic !

Thanks

bb

Install problem Wishlist 3.5 for osCommerce-ms2

Can anybody help on this matter

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\includes\column_left.php on line 61

My : require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php'); is in column_left so I just copied the need lines in it, I have used the updated fix for capital letter but nothing changed.

I have also used everything was need in the english languages file into italian (default language), I believe the install is correct.

MAny thanks for your help

Hi

I installed the latest version of the wishlist contribution (for MS2) but now when I add an item to the wishlist it adds to shopping cart instead.

I installed it as the instructions said.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Sam

Am having the exact same problem.

Also, I was hoping that the new (Aug 21) fix package might happen to address this problem, but the zip does not unpack - instead I get a program-crashing "insert first disk of backup" error.

I suspect that if I trial-and-error for a few hours struggling to improve my grasp of PHP on the fly, I MIGHT discover the simple error. Then again, I might just waste more time after having gone through the semi-lengthy install.

Or maybe the answer is somewhere in the 30 pages of this support forum. I'm not sure how to take the failure of anyone to reply to Shmuel at this point.

Am having the exact same problem.

Also, I was hoping that the new (Aug 21) fix package might happen to address this problem, but the zip does not unpack - instead I get a program-crashing "insert first disk of backup" error.

I suspect that if I trial-and-error for a few hours struggling to improve my grasp of PHP on the fly, I MIGHT discover the simple error. Then again, I might just waste more time after having gone through the semi-lengthy install.

Or maybe the answer is somewhere in the 30 pages of this support forum. I'm not sure how to take the failure of anyone to reply to Shmuel at this point.

OK - after some more searching, I see now that this is or has been a common problem - so common that finding a definitive solution is even more difficult than if it was just a simple bug that had been simply fixed in a simple update...

After repeated attempts to work with application_top, I then ran across the discussion of buttons. Has it been definitively concluded that the contribution will not work with CSS buttons? If so, that would make the contribution rather brittle IMO. Still, did someone develop a workaround? A little time-saving guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Is it worth sorting through all of the discussion and possible fixes or not?

Has it been definitively concluded that the contribution will not work with CSS buttons? If so, that would make the contribution rather brittle IMO.

Well if the CSS buttons contribution was done CORRECTLY you wouldn't be having such a problem. The problem is the "name" attribute. The CSS buttons contribution drops it when it creates the buttons. So if you want to b1tch about a contribution (while your asking for help) then I suggest you take it up with CSS buttons. Other than that, I could care less if you get it to work....

How's that for some time-saving guidance?

Well if the CSS buttons contribution was done CORRECTLY you wouldn't be having such a problem. The problem is the "name" attribute. The CSS buttons contribution drops it when it creates the buttons. So if you want to b1tch about a contribution (while your asking for help) then I suggest you take it up with CSS buttons. Other than that, I could care less if you get it to work....

How's that for some time-saving guidance?

IF the contribution couldn't work with CSS buttons generally, then it would be kind of brittle, considering how commonly that style of button is employed.

If, however, as you suggest, the problem is with the substandard way that another popular contribution was written, then it isn't the Wishlist writer's fault. However, considering how frequently the problem is encountered - and considering how much time will be wasted by people (beginners especially but even moderately experienced users) trying to figure out why their wish list isn't working - it would still be good practice to include some kind of warning or notice with the installation packages. Even better, of course, would be the specific lines of code that must be included to enable the button properly.

If you'd rather nurture a snit, then that's your choice, but getting snippy about a problem with one's contributions is another kind of brittleness whose practical import can be as bad or worse than poor code-writing.

First of all I wrote this contribution. Second of all I stated I don't support other people's contributions, BUT I have posted fixes within this thread AND the problem on WHY this is happening. THIRD why would you b1tch about FREE contributions??? I am not here to hold little girl's hands like yours and I have helped everyone in this thread that has asked NICELY instead of cutting down a contribution that they OBVIOUSLY have no fuking clue about. IF you want help, then I suggest you change your attitude on how you ask for it. AND to ask if its even worth searching for the answer is beyond me. So the answer is NO its not worth the answer and MY advice would be to find a new career/hobby and give up the dream of building an online store. Your just too dumb.

How's that for "brittleness"?

First of all I wrote this contribution. Second of all I stated I don't support other people's contributions, BUT I have posted fixes within this thread AND the problem on WHY this is happening. THIRD why would you b1tch about FREE contributions??? I am not here to hold little girl's hands like yours and I have helped everyone in this thread that has asked NICELY instead of cutting down a contribution that they OBVIOUSLY have no fuking clue about. IF you want help, then I suggest you change your attitude on how you ask for it. AND to ask if its even worth searching for the answer is beyond me. So the answer is NO its not worth the answer and MY advice would be to find a new career/hobby and give up the dream of building an online store. Your just too dumb.

How's that for "brittleness"?

Congratulations.

If you'd rather take offense than suggestions, that's your choice, and you can continue to choose to read my initial and subsequent remarks as "b1tch"-ing. On the other hand, since you've already made it clear that you "couldn't care less," why do you continue to reply at all?

For the benefit of others in my predicament, I'll say that I think I've gotten a little better than half of the way to fixing the CSS button problem, but have encountered further dysfunctionality around the add-to-cart and delete buttons and functions in wishlist.php. I feel lucky to have run across some snippets of code and some oblique discussion that seem to have helped (concerning apparently required additions of "_x" to "delete_prod" and "add_prod" in the button html area) - though am still dealing with formatting and clean-up complications.

If only I weren't completely clueless, I'd think about adding something to the contribution page tailored to other people who have (oh so foolishly) adopted the (infinitely inferior) CSS buttons contribution. Maybe someone who has a clue will do it for me, since I'm rather likely to forget how to use my bookmarks, or possibly even how to boot up my computer. I suspect that in addition to adding a warning about these particular problem areas, and suggested/possible fixes, this at least minimally competent contributor may also want to add some notes about proper obeisances and offerings required at the so-called support thread - not that anyone should suppose that the programmer might be a tad touchy.

just installed the contrib and am getting this error when i try to add an item to my (guest) wishlist:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_wishlist() on a non-object in [catalog]/wishlist.php on line 18

so i went into the catalog/wishlist.php file and have this:

Line 17 if(tep_session_is_registered('wishlist_id')) {

Line 18 $wishList->add_wishlist($wishlist_id, $attributes_id);

Line 19

Line 20 if(WISHLIST_REDIRECT == 'Yes') {

Line 21 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $wishlist_id));

Line 22 } else {

Line 23 tep_session_unregister('wishlist_id');

Line 24 }

Line 25 }

also, when i try to create an account, i'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function restore_wishlist() on a non-object in [catalog]/create_account.php on line 234

and in the catalog/create_account.php file i have this:

Line 233 // restore wishlist to sesssion

Line 234 $wishList->restore_wishlist();

any help/ideas would be very welcomed! thanks!

Edited by indafastln