• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Nice Contribution.

I have installed 3.5d. Seems to function well after the revision to -catalog/wishlist_public.php around line 67

Replace this

<?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_form', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_PUBLIC)); ?>

With this

<?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_form', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_PUBLIC, 'public_id=' .$public_id)); ?>

However, I still have a small problem and require some assistance, please. The instructions (Step 10) state to add the box code to coulumn_right. Since I do not have a right column I added this code to the left column. I assume there should be no real difference.

My problem is this: The ?My Wishlist? box does not show up even if there are items in my wishlist and I am logged on.

Existing Code:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
if($wishList->count_wishlist() != '0') {
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');
 }
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

If I comment out part of the statement as follows the ?My Wishlist? box appears.

// if($wishList->count_wishlist() != '0') {
//  }

The problem with this approach is that the box appears all the time even if no products are in the wishlist.

Please advise what am I doing wrong?

My problem is this: The ?My Wishlist? box does not show up even if there are items in my wishlist and I am logged on.

Original code:

if($wishList->count_wishlist() != '0') {
 }

I Changed to this:

if($wishList->count_wishlist() > '0') {
 }

Dennis, I did tested this and it seems to work.

Now the box only appears if I am logged in and I have items in my wishlist.

Since you are the PHP developer of this contribution I would appreciate your feedback.

Is this solution acceptable or is there another approach I should be using?

Regards

Hi,

I'm using wishlist 3.5d (with extra product field install).

When i click my product with attribute from wishlist.php it will redirect me to product_info.php and view selected product , but the product attribute didn't show up and i got error message.

error message :

SELECT pef.products_extra_fields_status as status, pef.products_extra_fields_name as name, ptf.products_extra_fields_value as value FROM products_extra_fields pef LEFT JOIN products_to_products_extra_fields ptf ON ptf.products_extra_fields_id=pef.products_extra_fields_id WHERE ptf.products_id=1{4}1{3}5 and ptf.products_extra_fields_value<>'' and (pef.languages_id='0' or pef.languages_id='1') ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order

the url of my product in wishlist.php :

http://localhost:8080/os/product_info.php?...84b1bcd1d76b4bc

any suggestion?

Kurniawan

Well I can view your shop on your local host, but you have to figure out a way to have the two contributions, wishlist and extra product fields, to play well together. Most likely its just comparing the two different queries and finding the differences and making the appropriate changes.

Dennis

hi guys after install all then it come out this message while i click on "my wishlist" why?

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/wishlist.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theshop/domains/domain.com/public_html/c/wishlist.php on line 11

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/wishlist.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theshop/domains/domain.com/public_html/c/wishlist.php on line 11

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/wishlist.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theshop/domains/domain.com/public_html/c/wishlist.php on line 11

anyone can please help

Edited by brucelim

hi guys after install all then it come out this message while i click on "my wishlist" why?

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/wishlist.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theshop/domains/domain.com/public_html/c/wishlist.php on line 11

anyone can please help

You didn't upload all the required files. That error is telling you, you didn't upload the language files. Upload those and you should be fine.

You didn't upload all the required files. That error is telling you, you didn't upload the language files. Upload those and you should be fine.

Thanks.. now i know what happen.. coz the original files they contribute, folder language, but in our osc is languages :)

Re: wishlist_help.php

I just uploaded a VERY basic zipfile of whats needed to fix the broken link without removing it. just edit the languages/english/wishlist_help.php file and you'll be fine.

And yea, I just copied the conditions.php files to make it :P

:thumbsup:

Seeing as I was in a rush, you should edit the header comments to reflect the filename change..

Thomas

Edited by tkeats

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

I didn't work my question very well; here it is again:

How would I make the wishlist available to registered users only and prompt guests to register for an account if they try to access it?

I'm using the latest version - 3.5d.

Thanks in advance

Step 1:

Place links accessible ONLY from within 'My Account'

Step 2:

Ensure the user is logged in to have 'Wishlist' in either right or left column

It seems to me that is all you would need.

Thomas

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

I have been searching throught the contributions to find a contribution that would have this functionality:

Let's say I have three (3) Product Options as follows:

Size: S, M, L

Style: Normal Fit, Slim Fit, Bootcut, Low Waist

Color: Blue, Brown, Black

I want to be able to set the price, weigt, SKU on each combination/variation of the above option values. For example:

S, Normal Fit, Blue -- price $30, weight 3 lb, SKU 12345

M, Normal Fit, Blue -- price $32, weight 3.2 lb, SKU 12346

M, Slim Fit, Blue -- price $32, weight 3.1 lb, SKU 12347

M, Slim Fit, Black -- price $31, weight 3.2 lb, SKU 12348

L, Normal Fit, Blue -- price $38, weight 3.3 lb, SKU 12336

L, Normal Fit, Brown -- price $37, weight 3.3 lb, SKU 12447

L, Normal Fit, Black -- price $39, weight 3.4 lb, SKU 12358

Has anybody seen something like that in the contribution section? Is anybody using something like that?

I have been searching throught the contributions to find a contribution that would have this functionality:

Let's say I have three (3) Product Options as follows:

Size: S, M, L

Style: Normal Fit, Slim Fit, Bootcut, Low Waist

Color: Blue, Brown, Black

I want to be able to set the price, weigt, SKU on each combination/variation of the above option values. For example:

S, Normal Fit, Blue -- price $30, weight 3 lb, SKU 12345

M, Normal Fit, Blue -- price $32, weight 3.2 lb, SKU 12346

M, Slim Fit, Blue -- price $32, weight 3.1 lb, SKU 12347

M, Slim Fit, Black -- price $31, weight 3.2 lb, SKU 12348

L, Normal Fit, Blue -- price $38, weight 3.3 lb, SKU 12336

L, Normal Fit, Brown -- price $37, weight 3.3 lb, SKU 12447

L, Normal Fit, Black -- price $39, weight 3.4 lb, SKU 12358

Has anybody seen something like that in the contribution section? Is anybody using something like that?

This is the wishlist contribution thread, please post your question in a new thread.

Sorry for posting in it in the wrong place. I reposted it as new thread. However, I don't think that this contribution exists (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF i AM WRONG). And if I am right that this contribution does not exist, please consider this as request to add this to the contribution wish lists. I sure wish it existed. ;)

Georgi

Edited by ghristov

So which, if any, version works best?

Anyone have one working directly just from downloading and following the included directions?

Thanks for any opinions

Tammy

Just wanted to say, I installed 3.5d and it appears to be working.

thank You!

Wish list, such a good contribution however, i'm having a few minor problems

ok, the first problem i'm having is that when people add an item to the wish list it doesn't always display the textboxes asking them to send to family/friends

The second someone adds something to the wish list a little box appears at the top of every page thereafter messsing with my template? I believe this has something to do with application_top.php but i'm lost as to what to change exsactly.

Also immediatley after the person clicks add to wishlist a very simple white html page is displayed? Should this being displayed? Also every click thereafter generates the same whitepage showing only for about 1.5 seconds but it is annoying

any help would be much appreciated knowing me i've probably bal*sed the installing of it up.

Thanks

Regards

Tom Lowes

I've just installed this contribution and I'm testing. I've run into a slight problem. it correctly adds items to a wishlist and sends the email properly, but when I visit wishlist_public.php and try to add an item to my cart I am simply sent to the index.php without having added the product.

I tried a couple of different ideas and nothing panned out. I compared the form that wishlist_public.php creates to the one created by product_info.php and tried adding this code:

, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'

but that didn't work either. it did send me to my cart instead of the index.php page, but it still didn't add the item to my cart.

I know Dave (twoifbysea) has posted that he experienced the same issue, and I never saw a response to him.

anyone have any ideas about this problem?