• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Hi,

Thanks for the great contribution:

I was wondering if there was a way to include a link to add a product by means of some html?

I mean e.g: if I wanted to do a news article, with a list of 10 items, and I wanted a link on the side of each of these items ...

What would be the code I need to insert to have the user click - then have the relevant product_id/item added to the wishlist?

Thanks in advance!

Could someone please help me with one modification on wishlist modul(Wishlist 3.5d).

I want to make the recipient of wishlist to be the store owner.

A few days a searched for decision but I didn't found it.

The wishlist have to look like simple contact form with the selected products.

Please look the screenshot to understand what I meen.

wishlist.gif

I was not able to post in the "Simple Wishlist Report" thread so I'll do it here instead. Just wonder if there will be a more advanced report where I can see if the customers has sent their wish list to friends, how many that received the list etc.

I have just installed Wishlist V3.5d, and I put everything in properly (I have double checked as have two other people). I am getting this error on my product_info.php page

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '277'

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '277' limit 9

[TEP STOP]

I have looked through the 21 pages of this thread and for the life of me I couldn't find anything that would solve my problem.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

I have just installed Wishlist V3.5d, and I put everything in properly (I have double checked as have two other people). I am getting this error on my product_info.php page

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '277'

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '277' limit 9

[TEP STOP]

I have looked through the 21 pages of this thread and for the life of me I couldn't find anything that would solve my problem.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

You must have some modification or contribution installed.

product_families pf

in your query has nothing to do with what I have done/added.

-Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for a really nice and usefull contribution. Everything works fine, I would like to change just one thing.

When a customer wants to send his wishlist to his friend, he has to fill in some message in the form. Let?s say he will write: Hi John, please look at .... etc. He sends his wishlist then.

And his friend John will obtain an email with a body like this:

John,

Hi John, please look at....

The first line "John," is inserted automatically. How can I remove it please? I was looking for the answer but I can?t find it.

Thank you very much

Hi Dennis,

thank you. Do you mean catalog\includes\language\english\wishlist.php? I went through all the file and can?t find it.

This is the part concernig the emails:

define('TEXT_NAME', 'Name: ');
define('TEXT_EMAIL', 'Email: ');
define('TEXT_YOUR_NAME', 'Your Name: ');
define('TEXT_YOUR_EMAIL', 'Your Email: ');
define('TEXT_MESSAGE', 'Message: ');
define('TEXT_ITEM_IN_CART', 'Item in Cart');
define('TEXT_ITEM_NOT_AVAILABLE', 'Item no longer available');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_WISHLIST', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> items on your wish list.)');
define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_TEXT', 'If you would like to email your wishlist to multiple friends or family, just enter their name\'s and email\'s in each row.  You don\'t have to fill every box up, you can just fill in for however many people you want to email your wishlist link too.  Then fill out a short message you would like to include in with your email in the text box provided.  This message will be added to all the emails you send.');
define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_TEXT_GUEST', 'If you would like to email your wishlist to multiple friends or family, please enter your name and email address.  Then enter their name\'s and email\'s in each row.  You don\'t have to fill every box up, you can just fill in for however many people you want to email your wishlist link too.  Then fill out a short message you would like to include in with your email in the text box provided.  This message will be added to all the emails you send.');
define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'has sent you their wishlist from ' . STORE_NAME);  //Customers name will be automatically added to the beginning of this.
define('WISHLIST_SENT', 'Your wishlist has been sent.');
define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_LINK', '

$from_name\'s public wishlist is located here:
$link

Thank you,
' . STORE_NAME); //$from_name = Customers name  $link = public wishlist link

define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_GUEST', 'Thank you,
' . STORE_NAME);

I can change or remove customer?s name from email subject or from the sentence $from_name\'s public wishlist is located here... But I can?t get rid of the customer?s name before the message written by the owner of the wishlist.

I was looking at the catalog/wishlist.php (I removed the customer?s name from the email subject there)

but I am not very good at php coding and I didn?t find it.

Thank you again for your concern.

Edited by scrappycz

Hi Dennis,

I was wondering if there was a way I could quick-add a product_id in a URL (or a call somewhere) which allows me to allow users to add arbitrary items to their Wishlist?

Sorry for posting this twice, but my short Q seems to have been ignored =(

Thank you in advance,

Hai Dennis,

I installed your Wishlist contribution 3.5d a couple of days ago. It seems to be working almost perfectly but one problem i can not solve. Maybe you can direct me to the right file and codes.

On all pages I get the add to wishlist button except of the product overview page (within a category).

thanks in advance,

Gauthier

The wishlist button is only on the product_info.php page, not in the product_listing. I think some people on here have added it to that page, so I'm sure someone can help you add it there if you want it there.

-Dennis

Hi Dennis,

thank you. Do you mean catalog\includes\language\english\wishlist.php? I went through all the file and can?t find it.

This is the part concernig the emails:

define('TEXT_NAME', 'Name: ');
define('TEXT_EMAIL', 'Email: ');
define('TEXT_YOUR_NAME', 'Your Name: ');
define('TEXT_YOUR_EMAIL', 'Your Email: ');
define('TEXT_MESSAGE', 'Message: ');
define('TEXT_ITEM_IN_CART', 'Item in Cart');
define('TEXT_ITEM_NOT_AVAILABLE', 'Item no longer available');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_WISHLIST', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> items on your wish list.)');
define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_TEXT', 'If you would like to email your wishlist to multiple friends or family, just enter their name\'s and email\'s in each row.  You don\'t have to fill every box up, you can just fill in for however many people you want to email your wishlist link too.  Then fill out a short message you would like to include in with your email in the text box provided.  This message will be added to all the emails you send.');
define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_TEXT_GUEST', 'If you would like to email your wishlist to multiple friends or family, please enter your name and email address.  Then enter their name\'s and email\'s in each row.  You don\'t have to fill every box up, you can just fill in for however many people you want to email your wishlist link too.  Then fill out a short message you would like to include in with your email in the text box provided.  This message will be added to all the emails you send.');
define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'has sent you their wishlist from ' . STORE_NAME);  //Customers name will be automatically added to the beginning of this.
define('WISHLIST_SENT', 'Your wishlist has been sent.');
define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_LINK', '

$from_name\'s public wishlist is located here:
$link

Thank you,
' . STORE_NAME); //$from_name = Customers name  $link = public wishlist link

define('WISHLIST_EMAIL_GUEST', 'Thank you,
' . STORE_NAME);

I can change or remove customer?s name from email subject or from the sentence $from_name\'s public wishlist is located here... But I can?t get rid of the customer?s name before the message written by the owner of the wishlist.

I was looking at the catalog/wishlist.php (I removed the customer?s name from the email subject there)

but I am not very good at php coding and I didn?t find it.

Thank you again for your concern.

Well I am not quite sure what you mean cause it seems you hit both places. The language file from name for the message, and this line on wishlist.php for the sujbect.

$subject = $from_name . ' ' . WISHLIST_EMAIL_SUBJECT;

I don't know where else your talking about?

-Dennis

The wishlist button is only on the product_info.php page, not in the product_listing. I think some people on here have added it to that page, so I'm sure someone can help you add it there if you want it there.

-Dennis

Too all people who installed this contribution. I am looking for de codes for additing a wishlist button in the product_listing. Who can help me with this functionality.

thanks in advance

Gauthier

Having a wishlist problem!

I installed the latest version of wishlist ona fresh install of OSC MS2, it all works except when you add an item to the list I get this error on the wishlist page, its just above the list headings, and doesn't show the item I added. It also appears in the wishlist box and when you click on the 'my wishlist' link.

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '9' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

I hope someone can tell me what i'm doin wrong!

Also I have a little featurer suggestion:

It would be good if you could see customers wishlists, you could then send them an email of any special offers, if you were feeling like it! Or a list in admin of the most popular wishes and you could then base your promotions on this info....

Regards,

Dan

I had that same problem. i got it working. here is my query. just replace your current query with it. i basically just changes "on p.products_id" to "on pd.products_id"

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on pd.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

I installed the latest version of wishlist ona fresh install of OSC MS2, it all works except when you add an item to the list I get this error on the wishlist page, its just above the list headings, and doesn't show the item I added. It also appears in the wishlist box and when you click on the 'my wishlist' link.

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '9' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

It would be good if you could see customers wishlists, you could then send them an email of any special offers, if you were feeling like it! Or a list in admin of the most popular wishes and you could then base your promotions on this info....

Regards,

Dan

I had that same problem. i got it working. here is my query. just replace your current query with it. i basically just changes "on p.products_id" to "on pd.products_id"

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on pd.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

[TEP STOP]

Regards,

Dan

Hi there,

Great conribution. I am having one small problem. I am unable to get the Add To Cart button to work from wishlist_public.php. If you select the item and click Add To Cart you're returned to the index page and the item is not added to the cart. Any ideas?

Thank you much.

I have updated from version 3.0 to 3.5d. But now, when I try to send the wishlist by mail, it gives me these errors in red:

ERROR_ONE_EMAIL

ERROR_ENTER_EMAIL

Eventhough I have filled the sender name and mail and the destinatary name and mail.. Also tryed by being registrated, but neither... :(

Any clue?

Somebody can help?? I can't get it work... :'(