• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

I'm still working on the wishlist stats unless you want Aaron to finish it off. I also noticed an issue with items added to your cart from the wishlist with attributes, not showing "Item in Cart" on your wishlist. Hope that made sense...

Hmm I don't quite follow. The wishlist has been made public so if you for instance, put a product you want on your wishlist, I could come to the site and see which products you have added to your wishlist and purchase them from there. Is that what you mean?

-Dennis

I'm still working on the wishlist stats unless you want Aaron to finish it off. I also noticed an issue with items added to your cart from the wishlist with attributes, not showing "Item in Cart" on your wishlist. Hope that made sense...

I tested that part of the attributes, can you be more specific or better yet link me and I'll have a look at yours since its happening to you. If you don't want to post your link publicly just pm me.

-Dennis

Hmm I don't quite follow.  The wishlist has been made public so if you for instance, put a product you want on your wishlist, I could come to the site and see which products you have added to your wishlist and purchase them from there.  Is that what you mean?

-Dennis

I sell downloads of zip files. I am using the Download Controller contribution for this. I don't know if that effects anything or not.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...download/page,3

When I sent the email to a 'friend' of the wishlist (sent and email to myself at another email addy) and followed the link back to the store, when I purchased the item from the wishlist, it added it to my account instead of the one from which the wishlist was sent.

So, I wanted to buy it for the sender of the wishlist, but it went onto my account instead.

I know that you most likely aren't concerned with integration of your code with other contributions at this point....and I can fully understand that. If you are indeed too busy, could you quickly tell me how to hide/turn-off/remove the public wishlist aspect then ? I did try, but it wasn't pretty.

Thank you for your time,

Rebekah

I sell downloads of zip files. I am using the Download Controller contribution for this.  I don't know if that effects anything or not.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...download/page,3

When I sent the email to a 'friend' of the wishlist (sent and email to myself at another email addy) and followed the link back to the store, when I purchased the item from the wishlist,  it added it to my account instead of the one from which the wishlist was sent.

So, I wanted to buy it for the sender of the wishlist, but it went onto my account instead.

I know that you most likely aren't concerned with integration of your code with other contributions at this point....and I can fully understand that.  If you are indeed too busy, could you quickly tell me how to hide/turn-off/remove the public wishlist aspect then ?  I did try, but it wasn't pretty.

Thank you for your time,

Rebekah

P.S. if you want...I can send a gift certificate code and an email with a wishlist to you and you can sign up and try to buy something for me from my wishlist.

I know what you mean now. The wishlist isnt designed like that. Your thinking more along the lines of gift registry. I have explored that a little when Mibble had mentioned to me, but I don't have time to do anything like that right now. It would be a separate contribution to the wishlist. The wishlist is just what it is, a wishlist. It's mainly for the individual but I added in the public aspect so people could buy something of what they want. I know cheap route from a gift registry but it's just a nicer version than emailing the products.

-Dennis

I know what you mean now.  The wishlist isnt designed like that.  Your thinking more along the lines of gift registry.  I have explored that a little when Mibble had mentioned to me, but I don't have time to do anything like that right now.  It would be a separate contribution to the wishlist.  The wishlist is just what it is, a wishlist.  It's mainly for the individual but I added in the public aspect so people could buy something of what they want.  I know cheap route from a gift registry but it's just a nicer version than emailing the products.

-Dennis

I understand. Is there a way to disable the purchase/add to cart function on the public wishlist ? At least they would know what amount gift certificates to purchase for the wishlist sender.

Still a great contribution and would work well for physical products.

--Rebekah--

Dennis,

Not sure what the issue is, I'm still troubleshooting it. Below is an account and password you can use. I've added items from the wishlist to the cart. You'll notice that products with attributes don't seem to stay when there are multiples. Also, this only seems to happen when after you have logged off or closed your browser. I have confirmed that the data for the wishlist attributes is located in the database table. They are just not being returned when you log back in. So, everything you see in the cart should be in the wishlist.

Any thoughts?

User: [email protected]

Password: password

I have been working this when I can and I finally have something to put up for testers and for additions to be added.  I have re-wrote the code so this is not an update for 2.4.  You will need to uninstall the older version and install this one.

Features:

1. Optimized queries down to 1-2 per product depending on attributes or not.

2. Attributes now work correctly, you can add the same product with different attributes and it will show up correctly on your wishlist.

3. If a user is not logged in and they press "Add to Wishlist" then the product id is stored throughout there logging or creating an account.  Once there done it will add to there wishlist.

4. Added in the capability to redirect back to the products page or stay on the wishlist page when a user pushes the add to wishlist button.  Setting done in admin.

5. Combined the email functions into the main wishlist page.  Added in mulitple emails the user can send to.  The number is editable through the admin settings.

6. Added a public_wishlist view instead of emailing products through email, it just emails them there unique link.  The public wishlist will only allow the user to view and add to cart from that list.  They will not be able to delete.  For security measures.

7. When a user adds an item from there wishlist, it displays "Item in Cart" instead of removing it from the wishlist.  Once a user checks out, it will check to see if they are buying anything from there wishlist and at that point remove it.  I did this just in case someone added a product to their cart and for some reason didnt check out.

8. Removed all that crap in application_top and just added about 5 lines to it to keep more of the code separate from osc.

Other updates and changes as well.  I have not created a wishlist_help.php file so if someone would like to create that, then by all means.  Let me know of any problems you run acrossed and let me know of anything that needs to be added.  This is not final so don replace your exisiting one until we work out any kinks.

Download here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1682/

-Dennis

Dear Dennis,

I am new to OSC.

After i installed all files and followed your instructions, it seemed fine but i got this error message

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goldenmy/public_html/golden/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /home/goldenmy/public_html/golden/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

A friend of mine tried it. It works in his machine but just one time.

Please advise.

Many thanks

George Price

Dear Dennis,

I am new to OSC.

After i installed all files and followed your instructions, it seemed fine but i got this error message

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goldenmy/public_html/golden/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /home/goldenmy/public_html/golden/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

A friend of mine tried it. It works in his machine but just one time.

Please advise.

Many thanks

George Price [email protected]

I think your problem is due to whitespace, in this file

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Make sure there is not whitespace on the top, or on the bottom. This has nvr happened to me but I have seen it happened to others on the forum. Basically you dont want any blank lines before the first <?php and after the last ?>

Dennis

Dennis,

Not sure what the issue is, I'm still troubleshooting it. Below is an account and password you can use. I've added items from the wishlist to the cart. You'll notice that products with attributes don't seem to stay when there are multiples. Also, this only seems to happen when after you have logged off or closed your browser. I have confirmed that the data for the wishlist attributes is located in the database table. They are just not being returned when you log back in. So, everything you see in the cart should be in the wishlist.

Any thoughts?

User: [email protected]

Password: password

Have you got this figured out, because I cannot duplicate this problem.

-Dennis

Need some advice. 

The Wishlist works.  But when not logged in, I get an error.  Any ideas on what I did wrong on that one ? 

http://www.PoserProducts.com

Thanks for your time,

--Rebekah--

I think i may have the same problem, how did you sort this out?

When not logged in i get the error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id = 

[TEP STOP]

This appears in the column_right.php section of the site! The contribution seems to work fine when logged in. Could you suggest a possible solution?

Cheers,

*Ringo*

I got a problem when trying send email on wishlist page. The message said,

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/httpd/vhosts/hoosale.com/httpdocs/wl/wishlist.php on line 92.

Anyone can help me? thanks a lot

Have you got this figured out, because I cannot duplicate this problem.

-Dennis

I was going to look at it tonight. But for some reason I can't hit my site from any of my P.C.'s... :( I'm thinking its an issue with Comcrap go figure. I'll take a look at it in the morning from work.

Your catalog/includes/boxes/wishlist.php file is not the current version.  That is why it's doing that.

-Dennis

Thanks Dennis, that sorted it out! It was a complete fresh install of OSC but i was sure which contribution package to use. Might be an idea to repackage all the fixes to one archive. Thanks once again.

*Ringo*

Thanks Dennis, that sorted it out! It was a complete fresh install of OSC but i was sure which contribution package to use. Might be an idea to repackage all the fixes to one archive. Thanks once again.

*Ringo*

Yea thats my plan, just trying to find all the bugs, and trying to find the time to do it ;)

-Dennis

Yea thats my plan, just trying to find all the bugs, and trying to find the time to do it ;)

-Dennis

Here's one i think:

\catalog\wishlist.php

line 189

<td valign="top" class="productListing-data" align="left" class="main"><b><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $wishlist_id, 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo $products['products_name']; ?></a></b>

One too many class definitions! Think it should be:

<td valign="top" class="productListing-data" align="left"><b><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $wishlist_id, 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo $products['products_name']; ?></a></b>

If i'm not mistaken. Correct me if i'm wrong. I'll post anything else i notice. :D

Cheers,

*Ringo*

Edited by 241