• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Good morning,

i have installed wishlist 3.5d and thought everything was working as designed. i can add items to the wishlist, the items stick around after logout, and i can e-mail wishlists.

When i have added an item to the wishlist though, if i read the code right, if i view the product_info for that product again i should get a message stating that the item is in my wishlist. This message does not appear. What am i missing?

i discovered this while attempting to get a wishlist button added to another page. i thought it would be pretty straight forward and just a copy/paste operation but apparently not. i see several people wondering about this but have not found a solution. Can someone help with this? To narrow it, i would love to have an add to wishlist button on my search results page.

thanks for the great contrib and thanks in advance for the help.

later,

dean

First of all, thanks for a great mod. I have made link in email clickable, so that when someone send his/her wish list to somebody, they can just click the link and follow it to wishlist_public?public_id="something". Up to now every thing works fine, but not the page which appears.

Here you cant see any pictures of products, no price is display and no check box appears so that you could choose the item to put in tha cart. Though image for putting in the cart does appear. you can check what I mean at:

http://www.barnebutikk.no/wishlist_public.php?public_id=20

Please help, as I can't find any thing wrong with files.

I'm getting the following error and have been unable to track down a search that shows this has been addressed yet, so I'm here posting for any guidance.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/server/public_html/place/sheet/wishlist.php on line 18

The code on line 18 is:

$wishlist->add_wishlist($wishlist_id, $attributes_id);

The entire code is (line 17-18) is:

if(tep_session_is_registered('wishlist_id')) {
$wishlist->add_wishlist($wishlist_id, $attributes_id);

I'm running Wishlist 3.5d on OsCommerce 2.2-MS2 w/ PHP 4.4.1 w/ STS installed

Thank you in advance....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

A quick question. I was trying to be smart and installed osCommrece on my client's server with MySQL 5. However I was getting errors with the wishlist. I installed the Wishlist MySQL 5 fix and now I see no more error messages - however, when I add a product to my wishlist, it only shows the product's attribute and the price as $0.00. No images, product names or anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated as to why this is happening.

I'm getting the following error and have been unable to track down a search that shows this has been addressed yet, so I'm here posting for any guidance.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/server/public_html/place/sheet/wishlist.php on line 18

hi

i think its not coming from those lines

i have the same and its runnig well ....

ms2fr delaballe + "main_categories1.0c_1" ; del column_right ;compatibilité AOL ; DYNAMENUS ; login box ; Twenga_xml ; leguide_xml ; create_pdf,v 1.4 (factures) ; quick stock update ; pdf_katalog_206 ok ; CCGV Trad ; Stock list ; Stock icones ; FCK editor ; newsletter subscriber ; Admin Access Level (not activ) ;

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

A quick question. I was trying to be smart and installed osCommrece on my client's server with MySQL 5. However I was getting errors with the wishlist. I installed the Wishlist MySQL 5 fix and now I see no more error messages - however, when I add a product to my wishlist, it only shows the product's attribute and the price as $0.00. No images, product names or anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated as to why this is happening.

I managed to fix this but wanted to post info on it in case a similar situation has happened to anyone else.

In the "LOOP THROUGH EACH PRODUCT ID TO DISPLAY IN THE WISHLIST" of wishlist.php, in the $products_query area, change $product_id to $wishlist_id.

Hey guys.

I love the Wish List contribution and the idea behind and am lookiing forward to getting everything like I want it.

But I have 2 issues going on even after 2 re-installs.

My site is http://ladinas.com

1) After clicking on the "My Wishlist" list in the header, it goes to the wishlist page but the table is ALL screwed up.

2) On my product info pages for each product, the link to "Add to My Wishlist" is there but the image for the button isnt. (and yes I have verified that the image is there)

My site is really coming together and I have already started doing well on it. If I could get someone to take a look at these and I'll be more than happy to post any code needed.

Thanks

I managed to fix this but wanted to post info on it in case a similar situation has happened to anyone else.

In the "LOOP THROUGH EACH PRODUCT ID TO DISPLAY IN THE WISHLIST" of wishlist.php, in the $products_query area, change $product_id to $wishlist_id.

Thanks man! You fixed my problem!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The way the contribution page is laid out makes it a little confusing on what's what.

Which file is the most recent full install? 3.5d?

Hi,my wishlist botton works on product_listing page,according to annother contrib I found in this forum,here's the change :

product_listing.php

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
           $lc_align = 'center';
		 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))  //only registered users 
           { //'add to wishlist' button bellow the 'buy now' button in the list of products. 

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_to_wishlist&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_wishlist.gif') . '</a> ';          
           }
		else
		{
           $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
		}
           break;
       }

application_top.php after from case 'buy_now' :to break; add following:

// <!-- Wish List -->
case 'add_to_wishlist' : if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
} else {
$wishList->add_wishList($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], '');
}
}
tep_redirect(tep_href_link('wishlist.php', tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
break;
// <!-- /Wish List -->

Hope this will give you some idea.thanks for Carlos and tammy507 .

Hi

Glad you like my site btw

I started off with ..

osCommerce MS2 - Wishlist

Posted on 20th June by vesudo

I started there because it seemed a "rollup" of bugfixes

I keep saying "started" because my version is highly modified for my own needs.

Good luck

Hi Robert

Your Wish List is fab on your site. Any chance you can make a contribution, as I am guessing that the password & removing from the wish list are all your own add ons.

I too was getting confused which version to use & what are the default features.

Thanks

Julie

Hi Robert

Your Wish List is fab on your site. Any chance you can make a contribution, as I am guessing that the password & removing from the wish list are all your own add ons.

I too was getting confused which version to use & what are the default features.

Thanks

Julie

Hi Julie

Glad you like the wish lists on one of my sites. You are quite right the wish list scripts on my sites are very much modified and were created based on my "version" of oscommerce which calls files in an entirely different way. It was a long time ago that I wrote this and the differences in systems means that it is very difficult for me to package it for the community.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Rob

Hi Julie

Glad you like the wish lists on one of my sites. You are quite right the wish list scripts on my sites are very much modified and were created based on my "version" of oscommerce which calls files in an entirely different way. It was a long time ago that I wrote this and the differences in systems means that it is very difficult for me to package it for the community.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Rob

Oh well thanks...can't I have your whole site instead then :lol:

There are a couple of features I would like to install but the contributions are so muddled that it puts me off. I think I'll leave this for the moment.

julie

Hi Guys,

I just completed the install, added the button (see below):

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST); ?>"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST; ?></a>

To my header page instead of my account page (which it said was okay). When I click on the "My Wishlist" Link, it gives me this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/mikey/public_html/includes/header.php:194) in /home/mikey/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

I read through the entire thread and I only found one case where this was brought up and it didn't pretain to me. Also, the error was on line 62 of the categories.php not 13.

Here is line 13:

function tep_show_category ($counter) {

global $tree, $categories_string, $cPath_array;

Thanks,

Mikey

Edited by displacement101

I just installed version 3.5, everything is working properly, but I hope that the client retains its list of product even after validating its purchase ... By default if the sale is validated products withdrew from the list ...

• 4 weeks later...

I looked thru the thread and if I missed this, I apologize.

When I go to the item and click on "Add To Wishlist" I get:

My Wish List contains:

Image Product Name Price Select

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '42' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Change 'p.products_id' to 'pd.products_id' in the query that is erroring. Some people's MySQL's are setup differently and when i did this 2-3 years ago, I didn't take that into consideration.

Dennis

I understand what you are saying.. however, I am unsure of where this would be :'(

ETA: I figured it out!!! :thumbsup: Thank you so much dblake!!!!!

Edited by MoonFaery