• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Thread for Supertracker Contribution

equilla

Hi Everyone,

I see that there has been some new updates to this contribution.. And I would like to update.. But there wasn't absolute clarity on how.. So I figured I'd ask and find out exactly what needs updating from version 3.1 to the new 3.2b..

Is it simply overwriting the supertracker.php file in catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php ?? Or is there more to this.. etc.. etc.. ?

Thanks in advance.. And this contribution is awesome by the way! :)

Christine

There was an error in the readme file.

You need to replace these three files. The readme only listed the first one.

/includes/classes/supertracker.php

/admin/includes/languages/english/supertracker.php

/admin/supertracker.php

• 4 weeks later...

I'll try this here! :-"

Supertracker is a fantastic contrib BUT.

Everytime i try to install it I get parse errors:

Parse error: parse error /var/www/****.co.uk/www/html/shop/catalog/includes/application_top.ph

Warning main(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT) failed open stream supertracker

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT'

I have had to reinstall my store 3 times and currently it works, so i'm kinda reluctant to replicate the error -

Thanks in advance for the assist!

SpudRo

Kinda fixed it!

Looks like there is a missing /catalog/ command somwhere in the script.

uploaded the /admin folder in the supertracker package to the root of my shop - shop working, admin not

uploaded the /admin folder to the /catalog/ dir (overwrite) AS WELL - shop working, admin working

created a /geo_flags/ dir in the /catalog/admin/images and copied the contents of the admin/images dir

All now working!!

File structure (for clarity)

/shop/

admin/ (from download package)

catalog (as usual)

admin (as original overwritten with st package)

images

geo_flags (copied contents of admin/images above)

can somebody fix the script?

I've developed for myself an extension to supertracker called salestracker

Equilla I hope you don't mind this, I'm an avid user of supertracker and thought about starting a new thread, but as this contrib only works when supertracker is installed I thought to mention it here. If people wish me to continue I can ofc move the support elsewhere.

What it does

This needs no new SQL as it uses the osC and supertracker tables

A dropdown menu of ..

Today

Yesterday

This week

This month

Shows at a glance ..

Sale value

Customer (click on link to see invoice)

Referrer

Ad campaign

Payment method (shows red if [PayPal IPN])

Status (click on link to edit the order/change status)

Total Sales

Corrected sales (Less shipping and [PayPal IPN] and refunds)

Corrections made e.g.

Shipping ?X

Other corrections ?X

Description of Other Corrections e.g.

Customer: Joe Bloggs Refund: ?X

Customer: Jane Bloggs [PayPal IPN] ?X

Is anyone interested in this being added as a sub-contribution?

Edited by thunderace

hello i got this SQL error after presing errase data srom suppertracker datebase.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ORDER by tracking_id ASC LIMIT 8' at line 1

DELETE from supertracker ORDER by tracking_id ASC LIMIT 8

[TEP STOP]

any sugestions ?

thank you

Quick question: can this contribution record the referring url if it came from an email message? My client wants to do an email marketing campaign, and needs to track the referring urls so he knows which agents should get a commission.

As an example:

Agent A sends out an email to clients. The link in the url is something like http://www.shoppingcart.com/catalog/index.php?id=agent_a . My client wants to be able to have the shopping cart record the url from the email if a sale has been completed because of Agent A's email.

I hope what I said makes sense. wink.gif

Anyone got the error:

Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in

/usr/home/web/users/a00xxxx/html/includes/geoip.inc on line 416

That BLOCKS the entire site (since Supertracker is called from application top)

I would like to know if this error is related to some apostrophes (I saw the fix and applied addslashes to my products and countries as well)

erasing the ST database of course fixes the problem. Just want to know if there is anything wrong with geoip.inc maybe?

Thanks!

More problems: the site can be seen just fine from my location, but I had a customer on the phone from another state, the site was completely blocked. Anybody similar experience? dificult to track since people having problems to see your site have no way to contact you and just go shopping somewhere else...

• 3 weeks later...
hello,

i have installed this supertracker but there is no supertracker.php in ./languages/german/

but in the readme is this file descripted ..

and i must add a box or not ?

how do i this...

pls help fast :)

MODULE_SHIPPING_GLS_TEXT_WAY DE : 5.5 MODULE_SHIPPING_GLS_TEXT_UNITS (1 x 5.5 MODULE_SHIPPING_GLS_TEXT_UNITS)

This is in my Shop if i would pay ..

• 2 weeks later...

hello .

I installed the last version, but i get this error when I try to open Admin -> Reports -> Supertracker :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /testshop/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /testshop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

any ideea how to fix that ?!

Help ?!?!

this very strange .

it seems the problem begins in the catalog/admin/supertracker.php with :

require('includes/application_top.php');

. But I don;t understand how could this be the problem ? all the other files have this include and I don;t get this error with any other file .

anyone else had or has this with supertracker ? some help pls ?

Stupid mistake. problem solved . also good for the future :

Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/functions/database.php:13)

The following error message is shown when a main code file has been uploaded to the languages directory by accident.[

Brilliant contrib ! Thanks.

I've installed v3.2b and it works like a dream. The only problem being under products viewed it draws the outline box and includes the product description but it will not display any jpg images - it only seems to like displaying gif's.

Have I got the install right or is it because I'm using the imagemagic contrib ?

Regards

Bob

I brought up a big issue with this MOD a few posts ago: the contribution was working perfectly fine for me, I liked it a lot, until one day, somebody told me the site was not working...at all: completely blocked from the application top, invoking an error through the database. I could see the site working fine from my end. Scary: looks like some states or countries produce an error. I noticed this when recently staying in Wisconsin, where I saw the problem, never noticed in Washington. I since removed this MOD that I really liked, not willing to take the chance of losing customers who won't even be able to contact me. I recommend that you have your site viewed by people from several states to test it.

Anybody noticed the same problem?

Edited by pixclinic

I've installed v3.2b and it works like a dream. The only problem being under products viewed it draws the outline box and includes the product description but it will not display any jpg images - it only seems to like displaying gif's.

Have I got the install right or is it because I'm using the imagemagic contrib ?

Regards

Bob

I've just installed this and seems to be working ok for me, i use imagemagic too

Regards

Bob

I've just installed this and seems to be working ok for me, i use imagemagic too

• 4 weeks later...

1). Seems like a nice contribution (3.1b on MS2), however currently my "Referring URL" stays blank...

2). Furthermore there's (an already mentioned) database error when you click on the delete rows button... pops up an SQL error that has something to do with the "ORDER BY tracking_id", if I just leave this out it works but deletes the newest numer of rows instead of the oldest number of rows.

>DELETE from supertracker ORDER by tracking_id ASC LIMIT 1

Error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ORDER by tracking_id ASC LIMIT 1' at line 1

DELETE from supertracker ORDER by tracking_id ASC LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

3). A little one: if you click the button with an empty value the error is:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

DELETE from supertracker LIMIT

[TEP STOP]

Keep on the good job ! :-)

Edited by watchdog