• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Thread for Supertracker Contribution

equilla

Thanks for a great contribution! I am going to try the code changes I read erlier to ignore bots, they are something I do not want to see. I did a mod to the contrib myself to not show them, but havent stopped them from being recorded. I am also going to remove my own IP address from lists.

Another mod I did that I really like is to turn the "added to cart" and "completed purchase" text so that true displays in green and false displays in red. This lets me scan the data very quickly when this is the information I am looking for. I know I can filter for these already, but when in a hurry I want to see all the data listed, while also viewing this. The seperate filtered reports are awesome as well.

I am also having the:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ORDER by `tracking_id` ASC LIMIT 100' at line 1

DELETE from `supertracker` ORDER by `tracking_id` ASC LIMIT 100

issue, and thought it was a MySql version issue, so I will be upgrading mysql soon to correct this one.

Once again, this is an awesome contrib, something I wanted to create and didnt have the time to, thank you so much for a great tool, and the work you have put into it!

I having problems with this contribution. I keep getting this error when I upload the edited version of application_top.

Warning: update(includes/geoip.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/triodisp/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php on line 185

Warning: update(): Failed opening 'includes/geoip.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/triodisp/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php on line 185

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: geoip_open() in /home/triodisp/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php on line 186

Also, I uploaded GeoIP.dat in binary made named both GeoIP.dat and geoip.dat. Nothing I seem to do fixes the error.

Thanks in advance.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

I having problems with this contribution. I keep getting this error when I upload the edited version of application_top.

Warning: update(includes/geoip.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/triodisp/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php on line 185

Warning: update(): Failed opening 'includes/geoip.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/triodisp/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php on line 185

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: geoip_open() in /home/triodisp/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php on line 186

Also, I uploaded GeoIP.dat in binary made named both GeoIP.dat and geoip.dat. Nothing I seem to do fixes the error.

Thanks in advance.

Chris,

it's the geoip.inc file that not being found. Can you check that it is in the /catalog/includes folder an that the case of the filename is correct?

Regards,

Mark

I have the early version 1.2 Beta installed.

Could somebody quickly tell me what changes i need to make to get it to the latest version 3.1a?

Thanks

it's the geoip.inc file that not being found. Can you check that it is in the /catalog/includes folder an that the case of the filename is correct?

It is in /catalog/includes, transfered as binary, and I have two files in the folder: GeoIP.dat, and geoip.dat.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Warning: main(includes/classes/supertracker.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nickerz1/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 229

Warning: main(includes/classes/supertracker.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nickerz1/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 229

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/supertracker.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nickerz1/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 229

DOH!!

The files are there... could it be that my catalog is installed on the root? Or did I make a dummy mistake?

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/supertracker.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nickerz1/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 229

DOH!!

The files are there... could it be that my catalog is installed on the root? Or did I make a dummy mistake?

K call me stupid... heres what happened.

Mistake #1 - supertracker goes in includes/classes/ NOT admin/includes/classes lol

Mistake #2 - the geo file on that site is a .dat.gz so in xp you don't actually see the extension... i noticed that in my FTP client. Once I extracted it and reuploaded I was good to go. Hope everyone learned something!

Hi Everyone,

I see that there has been some new updates to this contribution.. And I would like to update.. But there wasn't absolute clarity on how.. So I figured I'd ask and find out exactly what needs updating from version 3.1 to the new 3.2b..

Is it simply overwriting the supertracker.php file in catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php ?? Or is there more to this.. etc.. etc.. ?

Thanks in advance.. And this contribution is awesome by the way! :)

Christine

Hi Everyone,

I see that there has been some new updates to this contribution.. And I would like to update.. But there wasn't absolute clarity on how.. So I figured I'd ask and find out exactly what needs updating from version 3.1 to the new 3.2b..

Is it simply overwriting the supertracker.php file in catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php ?? Or is there more to this.. etc.. etc.. ?

Christine

HELLO HELLOOOOOO???

Hi Everyone,

Christine

The file update.html details update instructions

The file update.html details update instructions

Actually, there is NO update.html... Just so you are aware.. Not in the latest version that I've downloaded anyways.. Supertracker 3.2b

Thanks

Christine

if you would like to search by ip address (like you can by referrer), quick edit:

in admin/supertracker.php look for:

if ($refer_match == '') $lt_query = "select * from supertracker ORDER by last_click DESC LIMIT " . $offset . ",10";

else $lt_query = "select * from supertracker where referrer like '%" . $refer_match . "%' ORDER by last_click DESC LIMIT " . $offset . ",10";

change to:

if ($refer_match == '') $lt_query = "select * from supertracker ORDER by last_click DESC LIMIT " . $offset . ",10";

else $lt_query = "select * from supertracker where referrer OR ip_address like '%" . $refer_match . "%' ORDER by last_click DESC LIMIT " . $offset . ",10";

just sharing in case others could find this useful like myself ;)

I have just installed this amazing contribution but came across a problem:

I followed the instructions for a new install and it doesn't tell you to download the GeoIP.dat file and upload it to catalog/includes.... This instruction is only in the CRE loaded section.

Anyway, hope this may help others avoid the stres of their store crashing.

Thanks again Mark et al.

Paul

I have just installed this amazing contribution but came across a problem:

I followed the instructions for a new install and it doesn't tell you to download the GeoIP.dat file and upload it to catalog/includes.... This instruction is only in the CRE loaded section.

Anyway, hope this may help others avoid the stres of their store crashing.

Thanks again Mark et al.

Paul

Apologies, I misunderstood the instructions and didn't spot the Step 5 break, that's what happens with late night coding!!

Hi again,

One more question, I am trying to use PPC reporting and have set up the code as follows (this is the default setup in fact):

$ppc = array ('googlead' => array ('title' => 'Google Adwords', 'keywords' => 'shortcode1:friendlyterm1,shortcode1:friendlyterm2'));

define ('SUPERTRACKER_USE_PPC', true);

I have set the referral link to www.mydomain.com/index.php/?ref=googlead but even if I type this in manually to the browser it does not register as a referral in the admin report for PPC, nor if I click on one of my ads on google.

I know this type of problem has been addressed in earlier posts but I cannot see a solution to this exact one.

Please help!

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi

I was wondering about the size of categories_viewed and products_viewed in the database table for supertracker. Both fields are defined as VARCHAR(255). If somebody visits more categories than fit into categories_viewed the field is actually reset and restartet from scatch. This means that the information about all the visited categories is partly lost.

My question about that: What's the reason for using varchar(255) instead of a text-like fieldtype?

Thanks

Ralph

Hello,

It seems this, otherwise great, contribution is not 100% compatible with the official osCommerce PayPal IPN module maintained by the osCommerce team (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679).

After I installed this contribution, Oscommerce stopped recording IPN information and update orders for Clients who completed their Paypal payments.

Products are still removed from the stock and orders confirmations Emails are send, but there is no record for Paypal IPN into their order, and the orders status remains as if no Paypal payment has been received.

Which means we have to review our Paypal account history to make sure this payments have really been made, and manually update the order status accordingly.

Once I removed the contribution, IPN info get registered again...

Regards,

Fabien

Hi.

I have SQL error reporting and this is a message that I've received few times:

MYSQL QUERY ERROR REPORT
---------------------------------------
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Ivoire', '', '','/','/index.php','2006-04-07 23:22:21','2006-04-07 23:22:21')' at line 1

INSERT INTO `supertracker` (`ip_address`, `browser_string`, `country_code`, `country_name`, `referrer`,`referrer_query_string`,`landing_page`,`exit_page`,`time_arrived`,`last_click`) VALUES ('196.201.76.47','Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT; DigExt; DTS Agent','ci', 'Cote D'Ivoire', '', '','/','/index.php','2006-04-07 23:22:21','2006-04-07 23:22:21')
Remote Address: 196.xxx.xx.xx
Referer :
Requested : /

Any ideas? It looks like Supertracker doesn't like Cote D'Ivoire to be inserted as country I guess.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Hi,

yes, you're right it is the country name that is causing a problem because it has an apostrophe in it.

To correct the situation we need to addslashes to the country name during the insert to the database, so find this line (approx line number 195) in /includes/classes/supertracker.php :

$query = "INSERT INTO `supertracker` (`ip_address`, `browser_string`, `country_code`, `country_name`, `referrer`,`referrer_query_string`,`landing_page`,`exit_page`,`time_arrived`,`last_click`) VALUES ('" . $ip . "','" . $browser_string . "','" . $country_code . "', '" . $country_name . "', '" . $referrer . "', '" . $query_string . "','" . $landing_page . "','" . $current_page . "','" . $time_arrived . "','" . $time_arrived . "')";

and change to :

$query = "INSERT INTO `supertracker` (`ip_address`, `browser_string`, `country_code`, `country_name`, `referrer`,`referrer_query_string`,`landing_page`,`exit_page`,`time_arrived`,`last_click`) VALUES ('" . $ip . "','" . $browser_string . "','" . $country_code . "', '" . addslashes($country_name) . "', '" . $referrer . "', '" . $query_string . "','" . $landing_page . "','" . $current_page . "','" . $time_arrived . "','" . $time_arrived . "')";

That should resolve the problem.

Regards,

Mark

Hi.

I have SQL error reporting and this is a message that I've received few times:

MYSQL QUERY ERROR REPORT
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Ivoire', '', '','/','/index.php','2006-04-07 23:22:21','2006-04-07 23:22:21')' at line 1

INSERT INTO `supertracker` (`ip_address`, `browser_string`, `country_code`, `country_name`, `referrer`,`referrer_query_string`,`landing_page`,`exit_page`,`time_arrived`,`last_click`) VALUES ('196.201.76.47','Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT; DigExt; DTS Agent','ci', 'Cote D'Ivoire', '', '','/','/index.php','2006-04-07 23:22:21','2006-04-07 23:22:21')
Remote Address: 196.xxx.xx.xx
Referer :
Requested : /

Any ideas? It looks like Supertracker doesn't like Cote D'Ivoire to be inserted as country I guess.

Ralph,

you are right - making this field on of the text type fields should prevent data from being overwritten. The reason for the choice of varchar(255) was basically one of naivety when the contribution was first written.

Since I had noticed the the issue you highlight, but hadn't had opportunity to post a correction due to the pressure of work.

Manually changing the type of this field should have no side-effects though.

Regards,

Mark

Hi

I was wondering about the size of categories_viewed and products_viewed in the database table for supertracker. Both fields are defined as VARCHAR(255). If somebody visits more categories than fit into categories_viewed the field is actually reset and restartet from scatch. This means that the information about all the visited categories is partly lost.

My question about that: What's the reason for using varchar(255) instead of a text-like fieldtype?

Thanks

Ralph

argh... i really don?t like this now :/

i can?t see any Referring URL s.. not in supertracker nor Ad_tracker.

And still i have installed them both just like i supposed to.

isnt there any easier way to see where my coustomer comes from?

Hi,

yes, you're right it is the country name that is causing a problem because it has an apostrophe in it.

To correct the situation we need to addslashes to the country name during the insert to the database

Thanks a lot it did the trick, Cote D'Ivoire is now being successfully inserted into the database. :thumbsup:

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Hello,

thank you for this great contribution. I left the "keyw=xxx" in the url of my PPC links out since I thought that it is optional.

Is it really optional? At the PPC summary I see no referers, clicks or anything else beside landing pages.

Thats the only info I got: Google Adwords(ref=googlead) - Total Referrals 71

Everything else is empty. The data is showing in the other Supertracker reports though.

Thanks

Ralph,

you are right - making this field on of the text type fields should prevent data from being overwritten. The reason for the choice of varchar(255) was basically one of naivety when the contribution was first written.

Since I had noticed the the issue you highlight, but hadn't had opportunity to post a correction due to the pressure of work.

Manually changing the type of this field should have no side-effects though.

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

I came across the problem of exceeding this limit quite easy, my site has 500+ categories... and within a few clicks of categories it bombed out (TEP STOP). So i increased the field size to 1024 and so far have had no problems, i must say its proving a nice add on. thanks for your work. Could i also say that is it possible that if an error is hit, it carries on working??. As originally i wasnt aware of the categories limitation and took me a few days to figure out what was going wrong. in the mean time the webpage was semi-unusable.

Bob