• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Thread for Supertracker Contribution

equilla

Hi all!

First I'd like to say.. This contribution is just fabulous! I'm in the process of rebuilding my website new.. And I'm adding contributions such as these to better my results when it comes to business! And this should narrow things down quite a bit! :D

I haven't gotten to see this contribution work in full spectrum yet.. Due to my site not being public just yet.. But from what I can see of my own IP and clicking around on the site.. It's tracked well.. And i'm very happy with it..

So thank you to you guys who put this together! This is awesome! :)

While typing this and reading this thread.. I just realized that I now have a question.. What exactly do you mean Fons? Regarding the bot blocker and the IP's? Am I suppose to take that script and place it somewhere? If so, please state where? If I can protect myself from stupid bots and insignificant IP's.. I want them blocked too! lol Thanks again guys!! Once again.. Awesome!

Redsonya

Help!!!

I made the updated equila recomended.. Only uploading the file inside the class folder...

But my site broke and only shows this message... :(

What it means??

Hi,

could be that you're running a version of Supertracker which is prior to version 3.1. Basically, you don't have the browser string field in your database. You could try and add that manually, or run the setup_db.php (I think that's the file - the one included in the package which is primarily for setting up the db on new installs), which should IIRC make the necessary adjustments for you.

As you can probably tell from the above, I'm not at my regular PC - hence the lack of surety because I don't have access to the source of those files at the moment :-"

Regards,

Mark

Mark, thank you for all your support, speccilly now that you are on a travel!

Yue were right. I thoght I had the last version but the one I had installed was 3.0.. It seems I didn't got time to download it brefore they deleted the file in the contributions.. <_<

Well.. I renamed the old table and crate a new one with the querry in the instalation readme, and now it works perfectly again! (and so my webpage too! :D)

I have just installed supertracker components and upon accessing the script page:http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/supertracker_setup_db.php

I get the following error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '-_main like 'supertracker'' at line 1

show tables from threewatersfarm_com_-_main like 'supertracker'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Stephen

I have just installed supertracker components and upon accessing the script page:http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/supertracker_setup_db.php

I get the following error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '-_main like 'supertracker'' at line 1

show tables from threewatersfarm_com_-_main like 'supertracker'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Stephen

Hmmm,

could be something to do with the database name having a dash in it (a bit of a guess...). Anyway, you could try editing that query in the file so that it produces this:

show tables from `threewatersfarm_com_-_main` like 'supertracker'

Or failing that, it may just be simpler to install/update the db table manually with phpmyadmin or similar using the fallback SQL code included in the readme file.

Regards,

Mark

Hmmm,

could be something to do with the database name having a dash in it (a bit of a guess...). Anyway, you could try editing that query in the file so that it produces this:

show tables from `threewatersfarm_com_-_main` like 'supertracker'

Or failing that, it may just be simpler to install/update the db table manually with phpmyadmin or similar using the fallback SQL code included in the readme file.

Regards,

Mark

Your suggestion worked!

Result with DB setup script was New Supertracker Database Table Successfully CreatedEnd of Report

Thanks for the help

Stephen

Three Waters Farm

Supertracker's great and has helped a lot with my marketing etc but what does this mean when this is displayed:

Added to Cart: true (ok, that's obvious!)

Completed Purchase: false (did not go through to Paypal)

Products Viewed : (everything they viewed)

Customers Cart : (value=0) : (OK, what's this mean?)

Quantity: 1

There's a difference with this too:

Added to Cart: true

Completed Purchase: false

Products Viewed :

Ok, this last one has been added to cart also but does not show the Customer cart value bit. So that's my question - what's the difference between the two types of info?

Hope you can shed some light ...

Sarah

Hi again guys,

Okay.. I posted in a new thread that I made regarding this issue. But the more that I think about it.. I'm wondering if this contribution may have anything to do with the problem at hand.. But I sure hope not..

:(

Anyway, it appears when testing my store.. I had added a product for testing purposes.. Turns out that the products price is NOT showing up in it's description.. Or being added to the total price when checking out or in the cart or in anything regarding the catalog.. However, the items' price is being shown and is registering in the admin section and is quite viewable.. Just not registering in the catalog.. So I'm not seeing anyone else having this problem that i'm aware of.. So i'm narrowing it down to possible causes at this point..

If anyone can shed some light to help fix this.. I would greatly appreciate it.. I can't very well run a store with no prices showing up or registering when checking out.. LOL People might think i'm giving away freebies.. :P

Thanks in advance..

Christine

Hi again guys,

Okay.. I posted in a new thread that I made regarding this issue. But the more that I think about it.. I'm wondering if this contribution may have anything to do with the problem at hand.. But I sure hope not..

:(

Anyway, it appears when testing my store.. I had added a product for testing purposes.. Turns out that the products price is NOT showing up in it's description.. Or being added to the total price when checking out or in the cart or in anything regarding the catalog.. However, the items' price is being shown and is registering in the admin section and is quite viewable.. Just not registering in the catalog.. So I'm not seeing anyone else having this problem that i'm aware of.. So i'm narrowing it down to possible causes at this point..

If anyone can shed some light to help fix this.. I would greatly appreciate it.. I can't very well run a store with no prices showing up or registering when checking out.. LOL People might think i'm giving away freebies.. :P

Thanks in advance..

Christine

Okay.. Just to clear this up.. The issue has been fixed.. It was not this contribution causing the problem.. It was another one. (The Down For Maintence Contribution)---> to be exact.

Apparently when enabled, it caused prices and totals and shipping modules to not function correctly.. Or better yet, display! Even with my IP ecluded so I may work on my site, it was doing this. But ironically when I disabled it so some others from our community could enter and see.. The prices showed up.. So at least now we know.. Strange but true.. LOL

Thanks again..

Christine

I installed this mod a few days ago in my store which is not yet linked to the general public from my main site but which I've been testing at its URL on the web.

Anyway, it looks like supertracker was working fine for me (I can see the data in my admin area), but I sent the store URL to someone for a different reason and they let me know they see this error:

Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in .../public_html/store/catalog/includes/geoip.inc on line 416

Which leads me to believe it's related to the geoip program which I loaded for this mod. Is there something that I probably need to do to correct this important fatal error (which again, I realize, is not fully related to this mod)

Edited by stuffnit

Hi again guys..

Now this had directly to do with Supertracker.. So I think this needs mentioning asap..

When I chose "Last 10 Visitors" from the drop down menu.. It shows who visited and what was in the cart etc.. etc..

But here's the thing, while viewing the Last 10 Visitors, I see yet another drop down menu which has "Bailed Cars" and "Successful Checkout" as choices.. When chosing either one.. It does absolutely nothing.. And there are bailed carts because I bailed them myself when testing.. And placed test purchases.. and had a couple visitors that simply viewed and nothing more.. So these choices in dropdown menu should of worked on some level.. You see my point?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Christine

Anyway, it looks like supertracker was working fine for me (I can see the data in my admin area), but I sent the store URL to someone for a different reason and they let me know they see this error:

Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in .../public_html/store/catalog/includes/geoip.inc on line 416

Hi Stuffnit,

with this kind of error, you would expect everyone to see it - even yourself - when viewing the frontend of the site. However, this may only occur on the first registration of the new visitor, depending on how your php errorlevel is set.

Anyway, 2 possible causes that spring to mind:

1. When uploading GeoIP.dat, your server has decided to change the filename to the lowercase geoip.dat, which causes the .inc file a problem in locating it. Solution is to rename back to GeoIP.dat, or if that is successfull, change the reference in geoip.inc to use the lowercase version of the filename.

2. Your ftp client may have uploaded the file in ASCII mode instead of BINARY mode. Solution is to reupload in BINARY mode.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Supertracker's great and has helped a lot with my marketing etc but what does this mean when this is displayed:

Added to Cart: true (ok, that's obvious!)

Completed Purchase: false (did not go through to Paypal)

Products Viewed : (everything they viewed)

Customers Cart : (value=0) : (OK, what's this mean?)

Quantity: 1

There's a difference with this too:

Added to Cart: true

Completed Purchase: false

Products Viewed :

Ok, this last one has been added to cart also but does not show the Customer cart value bit. So that's my question - what's the difference between the two types of info?

Hope you can shed some light ...

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Hmmm, yes I get a few of these strangeties too!

It seems that sometimes, despite my best efforts in the code, the cart is emptied (as it should be post checkout), but is still recorded by supertracker. In other words, although Supertracker should remember what was in the cart, it gets overwritten with "empty cart". If anyone spots the cause of this, perhaps they could let me know!

This also seems to happen when customers don't checkout, as you have noticed. Again, I have no explanation for this. If a customer chooses to empty their cart then supertracker should still remember what was in it when it was full, but I suspect there's something I haven't spotted at work here which causes the inconstistencies....

Sorry it's not more positive news - something to keep some of us busy thinking during idle moments I think >_<

Regards,

Mark

Hi Stuffnit,

with this kind of error, you would expect everyone to see it - even yourself - when viewing the frontend of the site. However, this may only occur on the first registration of the new visitor, depending on how your php errorlevel is set.

Anyway, 2 possible causes that spring to mind:

1. When uploading GeoIP.dat, your server has decided to change the filename to the lowercase geoip.dat, which causes the .inc file a problem in locating it. Solution is to rename back to GeoIP.dat, or if that is successfull, change the reference in geoip.inc to use the lowercase version of the filename.

2. Your ftp client may have uploaded the file in ASCII mode instead of BINARY mode. Solution is to reupload in BINARY mode.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. The file name is correct and it was uploaded in ASCII format. I was looking through the geoip.inc file and couldn't see the reference to GeoIP.dat to see how it's being called there. Do you know what file line that reference is on? I'm also wondering if I downloaded the correct GeoIP.dat file from MaxMind. Do you know the exact URL of the download page I should be on to grab the file (although, again, I did end up getting a file which is named GeoIP.dat)

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. The file name is correct and it was uploaded in ASCII format. I was looking through the geoip.inc file and couldn't see the reference to GeoIP.dat to see how it's being called there. Do you know what file line that reference is on? I'm also wondering if I downloaded the correct GeoIP.dat file from MaxMind. Do you know the exact URL of the download page I should be on to grab the file (although, again, I did end up getting a file which is named GeoIP.dat)

Oops, must have been half asleep last night! Anyway, the reference to GeoIP.dat is in /catalog/includes/supertracker.php, it's just that geoip.inc does the work of opening and reading it, so that's why it's reported in that error.

The link to download the file is this one: http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz, but I see in your post you say you uploaded in ASCII mode - if so, that is the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Mark

Maybe that's it.. I don't know.. What wildcard do you suggest? I'm a little lost here.. :)

Thanks,

Christine

Sorry - must have missed the question on my last run through the questions...

Bailed Carts: should show only those visits where Added to Cart is True and Completed Checkout is False

Successful checkouts: should show only those visits where Completed Checkout is True

Hope this helps,

Mark

Hi again guys..

Now this had directly to do with Supertracker.. So I think this needs mentioning asap..

When I chose "Last 10 Visitors" from the drop down menu.. It shows who visited and what was in the cart etc.. etc..

But here's the thing, while viewing the Last 10 Visitors, I see yet another drop down menu which has "Bailed Cars" and "Successful Checkout" as choices.. When chosing either one.. It does absolutely nothing.. And there are bailed carts because I bailed them myself when testing.. And placed test purchases.. and had a couple visitors that simply viewed and nothing more.. So these choices in dropdown menu should of worked on some level.. You see my point?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Christine

Errrr... you are clicking the 'Update' button after selecting the dropdown menu aren't you?

errrrrr.. my bad.. (update!) I guess I just didn't have enough information stored to really see if it was workign or not.. But I really am looking forward to opening my new store so I can really see what happens.. :))

Thanks again for your help..

Christine

Hi All,

can't anyone help me?

After installing the Supertracker contrib everything seems to be o.k. so long I type in my adress like www.copierparts.de/index.php but by typing only www.copierparts.de the following error comes: Warning: strpos(): Empty delimiter. in.../includes/classes/supertracker.php on line 161

After installing the update it's ...on line 176

Regards!

Matthias

Step 3.

Edit /catalog/includes/application_top.php and add the following code before the last ?> in the file:

//Do the superstats business

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'supertracker.php');

$tracker = new supertracker;

$tracker->update();

When i add this to my file i get a blank page as my homepage no errors on admin side?

can anyone help??????????????

Assuming you followed all the instructions, did you get the GeoIP.dat file from the locations specified?

It comes in a zip file and has to be unzipped. It also has to be uploaded in binary mode because it is a binary file. Like images are binary files, pdf's are binary, and html files, text files and so forth are ascii files. If you do not know what the different FTP modes are, do a Google on FTP modes. If you are using an application that has built in FTP, make sure the .dat extension is set to binary mode (not all .dat files are binary! The GeoIP.dat file is tho), and also make sure that whatever application you use does not change uppercase file names to all lower case (some only do it when you upload (should be able to change it in settings for FTP program). (but you can also modify the casing according to these posts: for GeoIP Posts click here)

You also have to make sure the the GeoIP.dat file is spelled correctly. Casing Counts. GeoIP.dat is not the same thing is geoip.dat....

Hope that is the cause of the problem and your fix is quick!!

Hello,

I have PPC set to true, and have my URL's at Yahoo set up like this (Yahoo appended the extra ?src=overture but I dont think that should matter since it comes after the query but maybe someone knows better!).

So, when I view the PPC report, it shows 123 results but for each of the keywords, there are no number of clicks or any data for any of them. If I go to one of my links on Yahoo and click it, the number of referrals goes up by one, but still no data for what was clicked and so forth. Maybe there are too many words?

Sample Link from Yahoo (raw url)

http:whackwhack.../index.php?cPath=50_38&ref=yahoo&keyw=dog apparel

My bundle of add stuff:

$ppc = array ('yahoo' => array ('title' => 'Yahoo Adwords', 'keywords' => 'dogapparel:dog apparel,petclothing:pet clothing,petcollar:pet collar,petapparel:pet apparel,petjewelry:pet jewelry,dogshirt:dog shirt,dogblanket:dog blanket,dogdress:dog dress,dogdish:dog dish,dogcharm:dog charm,petsweater:pet sweater,petblanket:pet blanket,doggiesweater:doggie sweater,petcoats:pet coats,petshirt:pet shirt,qualitydogbed:quality dog bed,petcharm:pet charm,doggiebed:doggie bed,petdish:pet dish,doggiecoats:doggie coats,bestdogbed:best dog bed,doggieclothing:doggie clothing,petdress:pet dress,doggieapparel:doggie apparel,dogcollaronline:dog collar online,doggiecollar:doggie collar,dogcushion:dog cushion,petcushion:pet cushion,doggieshirt:doggie shirt,buydogbed:buy dog bed,dogbedonline:dog bed online,doggiedress:doggie dress,dogclothingonline:dog clothing online,qualitydogclothing:quality dog clothing,doggieblanket:doggie blanket,petbedonline:pet bed online,bestdogcollar:best dog collar,doggiedish:doggie dish,highqualitydogcollar:high quality dog collar,topdogcollar:top dog collar,buydogcollar:buy dog collar,dogclothingonline:dog clothing on line,finddogbed:find dog bed,getdogbed:get dog bed,doggiejewelry:doggie jewelry,finddogcollar:find dog collar,shopdogcollar:shop dog collar,buydogsweater:buy dog sweater,dogheadwear:dog headwear,buydogcoats:buy dog coats,bestdogcoats:best dog coats,buydogapparel:buy dog apparel,dogclothingwebsite:dog clothing web site,topdogclothing:top dog clothing,highqualitydogbed:high quality dog bed,qualitypetbed:quality pet bed,dogshirtwebsite:dog shirt web site,dogdressonline:dog dress online,petapparelwebsite:pet apparel web site,shoppetclothing:shop pet clothing,shoppetcollar:shop pet collar,bestdogapparel:best dog apparel,buydogcoatsonline:buy dog coats online,dogsweateronline:dog sweater online,highqualitydogcoats:high quality dog coats,qualitydogcollar:quality dog collar,shopdogbed:shop dog bed,bestpetbed:best pet bed,buydogshirt:buy dog shirt,finddogcoats:find dog coats,petclothingonline:pet clothing online,qualitydogapparel:quality dog apparel,shoppetcoats:shop pet coats,buydogbedonline:buy dog bed online,buypetcoats:buy pet coats,buypetsweater:buy pet sweater,dogjewelrysite:dog jewelry site,highqualitydogcharm:high quality dog charm,purchasedogbed:purchase dog bed,qualitydogcoats:quality dog coats,shopdogapparel:shop dog apparel,shopdogclothing:shop dog clothing,topdogcharm:top dog charm,topdogcoats:top dog coats,bestdoggiebed:best doggie bed,bestdogclothing:best dog clothing,buydogclothing:buy dog clothing,dogapparelonline:dog apparel online,dogclothingsite:dog clothing site,dogcollarwebsite:dog collar web site,highqualitydogapparel:high quality dog apparel,purchasedogcoats:purchase dog coats,purchasedogcollar:purchase dog collar,shopdogcoats:shop dog coats,topdogclothingonline:top dog clothing on line,topdogshirt:top dog shirt,toppetbed:top pet bed,buydogapparelonline:buy dog apparel online,doggieapparelwebsite:doggie apparel web site,topdogapparel:top dog apparel'));

A snippet of my report:

Yahoo Adwords - Total Referrals 124
dog apparel : Refferals , Average Time: mins, Average Clicks: 
pet clothing : Refferals , Average Time: mins, Average Clicks: 
pet collar : Refferals , Average Time: mins, Average Clicks:

Any help of ideas would be greatly appreciated...even if its just a shot in the dark!

Thanks much! Great contrib. The ongoing improvments have really been nice! KUDO's to you Mark. It's awesome that you have put so much time into not only providing support, but continued effort to improve. VERY nice of you to do that! Thanks again.