• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Thread for Supertracker Contribution

equilla

Yea, bugs take time to work out I guess. Always good to test on someone else's system too I guess.

And why oh why am I seeing this in my Supertracker?

Google Adwords - Total Referrals 0

sex toys uk : Referrals, Average Time : mins, Average Clicks :

bondage uk : Referrals, Average Time : mins, Average Clicks :

Miva - Total Referrals 0

sex toys : Referrals, Average Time : mins, Average Clicks :

vibrators : Referrals, Average Time : mins, Average Clicks :

Oops - left some of my own settings in there by the look of it! Sorry about that.

Find this in /admin/supertracker.php:

define ('SUPERTRACKER_USE_PPC', true);

and change the value to false.

Regards,

mark

I love how you can filter out the carts, however, when I go to successful checkouts, the value is "0." Any idea of what I can do to get this to show their order total?

I'd love to change the date to m-d-Y...any idea on that?

Excellent contribution, thanks!

Hi,

Basically the old data wouldn't have had the order_id stored against successful checkouts so the data isn't there from which to display this information.

You should find that as new data is stored, you will see order values shown.

To change the date format, we should be able to make use of the native osCommerce functions (probably tep_short_date() or similar), and change these lines in /admin/supertracker.php to use it:

$time_arrived = $lt_row['time_arrived'];

$last_click = $lt_row['last_click'];

Haven't got time to post the detailed solution at the moment as I'm running late for work.... :blink:

Cheers,

Mark

Hi

I got this installed .. thanks

However PPC now shows no stats.

Any ideas?

You should find that as new data is stored, you will see order values shown.

To change the date format, we should be able to make use of the native osCommerce functions (probably tep_short_date() or similar), and change these lines in /admin/supertracker.php to use it:

$time_arrived = $lt_row['time_arrived'];

$last_click = $lt_row['last_click'];

Cheers,

Mark

Okay, well, something else must be wrong because I do not have any new data showing at all only what was there before, albeit incomplete.

I'll check the upgrade instructions to see if I've missed something. I'm sure it was something I did! :D

Well I dont necessarily want to turn it off, how to I get rid of the dirty words? : )

Craig

Hi Craig,

again, it's in the top of /catalog/admin/supertracker.php - this part that goes:

$ppc = array ('googlead' => array ('title' => 'Google Adwords', 'keywords' => 'shortphrase:atualkeyword,shortphrase2,actualkeyword2'),

'miva' => array ('title' => 'Miva', 'keywords' => 'shortphrase:atualkeyword,shortphrase2,actualkeyword2'));

You should just be able to replace that with :

$ppc = array ('googlead' => array ('title' => 'Google Adwords', 'keywords' => ''),

'miva' => array ('title' => 'Miva', 'keywords' => ''));

Although, what would be the point - you are either using PPC, or you're not. If this part is not configured to know what keywords you are using in your PPC campaign, you won't get any useful data out of it.

In response to Thunderace - did you remember to make a note of the above settings and to re-enter them following the install?

Regards,

Mark

Well I dont necessarily want to turn it off, how to I get rid of the dirty words? : )

Craig

Top of admin>supertracker

find

$ppc = array ('googlead' => array ('title' => 'Google Adwords', 'keywords' => 'sextoysuk:sex toys uk,bondageuk:bondage uk'),
		  'miva' => array ('title' => 'Miva', 'keywords' => 'st:sex toys,vib:vibrators'));

Replace with

$ppc = array ('googlead' => array ('title' => 'Google Adwords', 'keywords' => ''));

In response to Thunderace - did you remember to make a note of the above settings and to re-enter them following the install?

Regards,

Mark

Yup

There are a few errors I think ..

e.g replace ..

$ppc_q = "SELECT * from supertracker where landing_page like '%ref=" . $ref_code . "'";

with ..

$ppc_q = "SELECT * from supertracker where landing_page like '%ref=" . $ref_code . "%'";

I assume it the same further down as when I change .. line 532

$ppc_key_q = "SELECT *, count(*) as count, AVG(num_clicks) as ave_clicks, AVG(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(last_click) - UNIX_TIMESTAMP(time_arrived))/60 as ave_time from supertracker where landing_page like '%ref=" . $ref_code . "&keyw=" . $keyword_code . "' group by landing_page";

with ..

$ppc_key_q = "SELECT *, count(*) as count, AVG(num_clicks) as ave_clicks, AVG(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(last_click) - UNIX_TIMESTAMP(time_arrived))/60 as ave_time from supertracker where landing_page like '%ref=" . $ref_code . "&keyw=" . $keyword_code . "%' group by landing_page";

It fills one of my PPC keywords but only one

Edited by thunderace

Okay, well, something else must be wrong because I do not have any new data showing at all only what was there before, albeit incomplete.

I'll check the upgrade instructions to see if I've missed something. I'm sure it was something I did! :D

It must have been something I did because I uploaded the files again and it works fine now.

Thanks again for a great contribution!

Hi Thunderace,

yep, you're right - there are a couple of bugs in those areas and the changes you suggest are correct.

I'll get these corrected in the new development version.

Many thanks,

Mark

A quick request for anyone adopting the new version early - can you please let me know how the tracking of successful checkouts is working (or not) for you are I'm seeing mixed performance on some stores under my control currently.

Some of this may be due to the fact that we use Worldpay - callback not always completed, leading to "held orders" and therefore the customer not actually passing through checkout_process.php - but maybe there is more work to be done in the tracking code around capturing the order_id....

Please let me know once you have some data - positive or negative.

Many thanks,

Mark

A quick request for anyone adopting the new version early - can you please let me know how the tracking of successful checkouts is working (or not) for you are I'm seeing mixed performance on some stores under my control currently.

Some of this may be due to the fact that we use Worldpay - callback not always completed, leading to "held orders" and therefore the customer not actually passing through checkout_process.php - but maybe there is more work to be done in the tracking code around capturing the order_id....

Please let me know once you have some data - positive or negative.

Many thanks,

Mark

Mark I use Worldpay and no problems with callback yet (8 orders today)

Edited by thunderace

Great job on the new release. Still want a few things fixed up though. Please fix the following.

Make http referers wrap to the next line so the screen dont have to scroll side to side.

also reorder the columns so that the referer is the right most column. it will make it easier to read the screens for the # of click, avg time spent, etc...

Also the menu at the top needs some reworking since the links do not respond well when clicked on, it moves the screen, then you need to reclick it to make it actually work. (on firefox)

Thanks so much for your contrib :) its great so far.

Opps, one more thing i forgot to include for suggestions to fix or add.

And the last thing i can think of, is there anyway to make http referers that have search strings at the end crop them off. Referers such as ones from yahoo shopping have lots of search stings at the end that cause them to show up on their own lines, even though i have around 100 of them. This clutters the referers page and makes the data useless, since i have no idea how many people were from yahoo shopping unless i count them by hand. Now, i realize the importance of having the entire http referer, so what i suggest is make another page and have the cropped referers shown there. this may be a pain in the butt to do, so maybe have a config section that you can have referers matched to and if they match it would drop the rest of the referer and display what you typed in the config file. see below for examples

full http referer, whats shown with the contrib now.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Clothing:06-Ca...6y464kjth6y4kuh (This line is much longer than displayed, it wont show up properly in this forum)

If it showed it this way on a seperate page, then all the referers would be show on one line.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Thanks so much for your contrib, again :) its great so far.

Edited by creuser99

hi,

i just installed the contrib and i cant get it to work

i get a blank screen when tring to load the shop after the following is active in application_top

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'supertracker.php');
$tracker = new supertracker;
$tracker->update();

when i comment it out it works, otherwise not...

any ideas?

Lars

//Do the superstats business	

//$tracker->update();

?>

i can get this far. its the tracker update that screws things up....when its active the page wont load...

Lars

Hi Lars,

I suspect that what is happening is that the supertracker script is encountering an error, but that the current error reporting level for your Php installation is set such that it is not being shown on the screen (great for security, not so great for troubleshooting).

What you should be able to do is to increase the errorlevel temporarily just for that script, just by using the error_reporting function near the top of the /includes/classes/supertracker.php file. For example:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

for more information on the options available within this function see : http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.error-reporting.php

Many thanks,

Mark

P.S. for other readers - thoughts on suggested improvements will be coming later today..

Edited by equilla

//Do the superstats business	

//$tracker->update();

?>

i can get this far. its the tracker update that screws things up....when its active the page wont load...

Lars

SORRY FOLKS !!!

I did it again....

geoip.dat was in the wrong place...

now it works

:blush:

lars

Hi!

Just a great contrib you have here. Installed in no time flat. However, when I added my GoogleAdWords (keywords, comma-delimited) and I click on "PPC Referral Summary", the first letter from each keyword is missing. Not quite sure what to look for here, so if you need me to post something, I'll be happy to. But any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris B.

Hi!

Just a great contrib you have here. Installed in no time flat. However, when I added my GoogleAdWords (keywords, comma-delimited) and I click on "PPC Referral Summary", the first letter from each keyword is missing. Not quite sure what to look for here, so if you need me to post something, I'll be happy to. But any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris B.

Hi Chris,

can you post what you have put at the top of /admin/supertracker.php please, the line that begins:

$ppc = array (.....

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi Chris,

can you post what you have put at the top of /admin/supertracker.php please, the line that begins:

$ppc = array (.....

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Quick response! :D

Here is my code:

$ppc = array ('googlead' => array ('title' => 'Google Adwords', 'keywords' => '4th of july gifts,baby boy bouquet,baby boy lollipop bouquet,baby candy bouquets,baby candy gifts,baby favors,baby gift,baby gifts,baby girl bouquet,baptism gifts,baseball gift,best birthday gift,birthday basket,birthday bouquet,birthday bouquet online,birthday candy bouquet,birthday celebration bouquet,birthday gift,birthday gift basket,birthday gift for her,birthday gift for wife,birthday gift ideas,birthday gifts,birthday gifts for,birthday golf gift,birthday lollipop,birthday party favors,breast cancer gifts,breast cancer lollipops,candy arrangement,candy arrangments,candy bouquet,candy bouquets,candy flower,candy flowers,candy for him,candy gift,candy gift basket online,candy gifts,candy mothers day gift,candy mothers day gifts,celebrate music,celebrate USA,child bouquet,children sports gifts,congratulation gifts,cross gifts,cure ribbons,dino party favors,dinosaur birthday party,dinosaur gifts,dinosaur party favors,dress up candy,dress up fun,Dress up party,Dress up party favors,edible baby gift,edible baby gifts,father day golf gift,first communion gifts,flowers mothers day gift,flowers mothers day gifts,football gift,for him bouquet,frog arrangements,frog candy,frog collector gifts,frog gifts,fun frog gifts,fun mothers day gift,fun mothers day gifts,get well candy,get well candy bouquet,get well gift,get well gift basket,get well gift baskets,get well gift child,get well gift idea,get well gift ideas,get well gifts,get well lollipop bouquets,get well lollipops,get well soon gift,get well soon gifts,gifts for birthday,gifts for grandma,gifts for grandpa,gifts for him,gifts for musicans,girl gifts,girlie gifts,golf gift,golf gift for dad,golf gift for him,golf gift for women,golf novelty gift,grandparents day gifts,Grandparents gifts,Halloween candy,Halloween gifts,Halloween lollipops,Handyman gifts,handyman thank you,happy face gifts,I love you bouquet,I love you gifts,kid bouquet,kids football gifts,kids gifts for Halloween,kids sports gifts,lady golf gift,lollipop bouquet,lollipop bouquets,lollipop candy,lollipop candy gift,lollipop creation,lollipop creations,lollipop flower,lollipop flowers,lollipop gift,lollipop gift basket,lollipop shop,love arrangements,love bouquets,love gifts,masculine gifts,mother\'s day flowers,mothers day gifts,music candy gifts,Music gifts,musical notes,new baby bouquet,new baby candy bouquet,new baby gift,new baby gifts,new home gifts,newborn gift,newborn gifts,Patriotic gifts,patriotic party favors,pink ribbons,real estate gifts,real estate thank you,red white and blue gifts,religious candy gift,Religious gifts,ribbons for a cause,Ribbons for a cure,romantic candy gifts,romantic gifts,sacrament gifts,send a smile,smiles,smiley face arrangements,smiley face candy,Smiley face gifts,soccer gift,support our troops gifts,thank you gifts,thank you real real estate gifts,tool gifts,twin gifts,twins gifts,unique baby gift,unique birthday gifts,unique flower arrangement,unique flower arrangements,unique flowers,unique frog gifts,unique golf gifts,unique grandparents gifts,unique Halloween gifts,unique mothers day gift,unique mothers day gifts,unique newborn gift,unique newborn gifts,unique patriotic gifts,unique religious gifts,unique smiley faces,unique way to say I love you,unqiue baby gifts,welcome home,Welcome home gifts,womens golf gift,workman gifts'));

I commented out the Miva, since we don't have that particular one.

Let me know if you need anything else! Thank you!

Chris B.

Hi Mark,

Quick response! :D

Here is my code:

$ppc = array ('googlead' => array ('title' => 'Google Adwords', 'keywords' => '4th of july gifts,baby boy bouquet,baby boy lollipop bouquet,baby candy bouquets,baby candy gifts,baby favors,baby gift,baby gifts,baby girl bouquet,baptism gifts,baseball gift,best birthday gift,birthday basket,birthday bouquet,birthday bouquet online,birthday candy bouquet,birthday celebration bouquet,birthday gift,birthday gift basket,birthday gift for her,birthday gift for wife,birthday gift ideas,birthday gifts,birthday gifts for,birthday golf gift,birthday lollipop,birthday party favors,breast cancer gifts,breast cancer lollipops,candy arrangement,candy arrangments,candy bouquet,candy bouquets,candy flower,candy flowers,candy for him,candy gift,candy gift basket online,candy gifts,candy mothers day gift,candy mothers day gifts,celebrate music,celebrate USA,child bouquet,children sports gifts,congratulation gifts,cross gifts,cure ribbons,dino party favors,dinosaur birthday party,dinosaur gifts,dinosaur party favors,dress up candy,dress up fun,Dress up party,Dress up party favors,edible baby gift,edible baby gifts,father day golf gift,first communion gifts,flowers mothers day gift,flowers mothers day gifts,football gift,for him bouquet,frog arrangements,frog candy,frog collector gifts,frog gifts,fun frog gifts,fun mothers day gift,fun mothers day gifts,get well candy,get well candy bouquet,get well gift,get well gift basket,get well gift baskets,get well gift child,get well gift idea,get well gift ideas,get well gifts,get well lollipop bouquets,get well lollipops,get well soon gift,get well soon gifts,gifts for birthday,gifts for grandma,gifts for grandpa,gifts for him,gifts for musicans,girl gifts,girlie gifts,golf gift,golf gift for dad,golf gift for him,golf gift for women,golf novelty gift,grandparents day gifts,Grandparents gifts,Halloween candy,Halloween gifts,Halloween lollipops,Handyman gifts,handyman thank you,happy face gifts,I love you bouquet,I love you gifts,kid bouquet,kids football gifts,kids gifts for Halloween,kids sports gifts,lady golf gift,lollipop bouquet,lollipop bouquets,lollipop candy,lollipop candy gift,lollipop creation,lollipop creations,lollipop flower,lollipop flowers,lollipop gift,lollipop gift basket,lollipop shop,love arrangements,love bouquets,love gifts,masculine gifts,mother\'s day flowers,mothers day gifts,music candy gifts,Music gifts,musical notes,new baby bouquet,new baby candy bouquet,new baby gift,new baby gifts,new home gifts,newborn gift,newborn gifts,Patriotic gifts,patriotic party favors,pink ribbons,real estate gifts,real estate thank you,red white and blue gifts,religious candy gift,Religious gifts,ribbons for a cause,Ribbons for a cure,romantic candy gifts,romantic gifts,sacrament gifts,send a smile,smiles,smiley face arrangements,smiley face candy,Smiley face gifts,soccer gift,support our troops gifts,thank you gifts,thank you real real estate gifts,tool gifts,twin gifts,twins gifts,unique baby gift,unique birthday gifts,unique flower arrangement,unique flower arrangements,unique flowers,unique frog gifts,unique golf gifts,unique grandparents gifts,unique Halloween gifts,unique mothers day gift,unique mothers day gifts,unique newborn gift,unique newborn gifts,unique patriotic gifts,unique religious gifts,unique smiley faces,unique way to say I love you,unqiue baby gifts,welcome home,Welcome home gifts,womens golf gift,workman gifts'));

I commented out the Miva, since we don't have that particular one.

Let me know if you need anything else! Thank you!

Chris B.

keywords should be written like ...... kw:keywords

where kw is the short code .. seperated by ":" .. then full description

e.g. the following is mine:

$ppc = array ('googlead' => array ('title' => 'Google Adwords', 'keywords' => 'gb:grobag,gbs:grobags,bb:baby,bgb:baby_grobag,bc:baby_clothes,bsb:baby_sleeping_bags,gw:grow_bags,bgbs:baby_grobags'));

Edited by thunderace

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info...I guess I'm still not understanding properly. Should I be finding the "short code: full desc" in my Google AdWords admin area somewhere? I pulled together the keywords you see above from a report I exported of all the keywords we were targeting. Very confusing Google is... :)

Thanks again,

Chris B.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info...I guess I'm still not understanding properly. Should I be finding the "short code: full desc" in my Google AdWords admin area somewhere? I pulled together the keywords you see above from a report I exported of all the keywords we were targeting. Very confusing Google is... :)

Thanks again,

Chris B.

In google admin you will see a URL for each "campaign item"

e.g. the google URL may be ..

http://www.mysite.com/myshop/

you would want to change each url to look like ..

http://www.mysite.com/shop/index.php?ref=g...ad&keyw=wiggits

g...ad was meant to read "googlead"

Where "wiggits" is the specific term for the campaign item or product

All this does is add ?ref=googlead&keyw=wiggits to the end of each click comming into you from adwords, oscommerce wont notice the "ref=googlead&keyw=wiggits" but supertracker will record it for you.

Hope this helps

Edited by thunderace

In google admin you will see a URL for each "campaign item"

e.g. the google URL may be ..

http://www.mysite.com/myshop/

you would want to change each url to look like ..

http://www.mysite.com/shop/index.php?ref=g...ad&keyw=wiggits

All this does is add ?ref=googlead&keyw=wiggits to the end of each click comming into you from adwords, oscommerce wont notice the "ref=googlead&keyw=wiggits" but supertracker will record it for you.

Hope this helps

LOL, holy crap! My client had set up each of his keywords urls wrong.

He just has them set up to be "http://www.mysite.com/index.php" or "www.mysite.com/product_info.php?cPath=XX&products_id=XXX".

So I guess I have to tell him that he needs to change the urls to include ?ref=googlead&keyw=wiggits. (heh, heh and he hired an SEO firm to help him with this... :blink:)

Thanks Robert! :thumbsup:

Chris B.