• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Thread for Supertracker Contribution

equilla

Hi All,

just wanted to let you all know that I have actually been keeping an eye on what's been going on here recently and am actively working on further developments to this contribution.

It seems to me that the whole business of using the Session ID to keep track of visitors is more haphazard than it should be, so I am road-testing a new version of Supertracker at the moment which doesn't use this at all.

Basically, I am trying to use Browser identification strings, cart contents, country that the IP resolves to, etc as a means to continuously uniquely identify individual shoppers within a given window of time. So far so good, but it will take a few days to shake the bugs out of this new approach and properly check that it's going to work 100% - I may need some willing volunteers to help with this as there's only so much I can check on a single server configuration.

I've also now got the system recording order_id for successful checkouts, which it wasn't doing before. This should now allow reports such as total sales revenue by referrer to be created in admin. If I also update the PPC section to allow a cost-per-click to be entered I should also be able to provide some indication of Return on Investment directly too.

Cheers,

Mark

to improve the performance to find back tracking ids, adding the following indexes will help:

ALTER TABLE `supertracker` ADD INDEX IDX_SUPERTRACK_SESSION ( last_click, sesskey );
ALTER TABLE `supertracker` ADD INDEX IDX_SUPERTRACK_IP ( last_click, ip_address );

HTH someone

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

:'( :'( :'( :'(

It has take down my whole page... :(

Admin panel seems to work (at least it appears to,..) but all my catalog public pages are down with lots of these messages... >_<

I have tryed to install the 1.2 B version..

Warning: fopen(): Unable to access includes/GeoIP.dat in /home/httpd/vhosts/lacamelia.com/httpdocs/includes/geoip.inc on line 322

Warning: fopen(includes/GeoIP.dat): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/lacamelia.com/httpdocs/includes/geoip.inc on line 322

Warning: ftell(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/lacamelia.com/httpdocs/includes/geoip.inc on line 276

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/lacamelia.com/httpdocs/includes/geoip.inc on line 277

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/lacamelia.com/httpdocs/includes/geoip.inc on line 279

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/lacamelia.com/httpdocs/includes/geoip.inc on line 303

Edited by Mookie_Jam

Hi,

sounds like the GeoIP.dat file is missing. Did you download it from Mindstream's site and upload it to your site as described in the installation instructions?

Whilst you resolve this issue, you can get your site back up and running by simply commenting out or removing the lines you added to /catalog/includes/application_top.php.

Regards,

Mark

sounds like the GeoIP.dat file is missing. Did you download it from Mindstream's site and upload it to your site as described in the installation instructions?

Sure. Inside Amdin>includes folder... Only diference I see is once unziping the flag gifs it didn't create any specific folder inside images...

I leave here the link to the last version of the program if somebody wants to update theirs... ;)

Whilst you resolve this issue, you can get your site back up and running by simply commenting out or removing the lines you added to /catalog/includes/application_top.php.

God, thanks!

Sure. Inside Amdin>includes folder... Only diference I see is once unziping the flag gifs it didn't create any specific folder inside images...

Hi Again,

Did you upgrade from an earlier version? Note that in early versions the GeoIP.dat file was in the admin/includes folder - in later versions it is now in the /catalog/includes folder, so you need to move that file across.

Also, for the flags, you need to manually create the geo_flags folder inside /admin/images, and then unzip the zipfile contents inside that folder.

Regards,

Mark

I posted a small contribution last night that will add User_Agent to your Last Ten Visitors page. I am sure I did something wrong but hopefully it will help someone. I take take take and never give back so this is my first attempt. : )

Let me know if anyone has any questions about what I did OR if anyone has any suggestions for making it better.

Craig

Hey there. You have to download in manually. They do it that way so you always get a up to dat version. I was wondering the same thing when I installed and finally read the directions from top to bottom and saw it (its at the very bottom I think)

At any rate here is that step:

Step 5.

Download the latest binary version of GeoIP.dat from here: http://www.maxmind.com/app/geoip_country

and upload it to your /catalog/admin/includes folder

Hope you enjoy the contrib! I know I am!

Craig

Hi Everyone.

I am developing the second version of my store and am thinking about implementing this system.

My only concern is that it will slow down the users page load times which is something I am not willing to do (we want the best user expierence possible!)

So... Is it possible for someone to tell me how much parse time this code adds to pages on the user side of their site?

Thanks so much!

-Steve

I'd just like to say .. what a SUPERB! contribution. Thanks Mark

For me this rates alongside SEO urls and cdynamic metatags as the most valuable contributions.

Regards

Rob

I agree that this is among the top contribs. It is so nice to know what is going on with your users.

I have to admit that I like the way the updated Who's Online looks better as far as the info about the users. I was thinking of trying to "combine" them in some way but dont think I am that good. Maybe someone else will beat me to it. : )

Craig

Hi Again,

Did you upgrade from an earlier version? Note that in early versions the GeoIP.dat file was in the admin/includes folder - in later versions it is now in the /catalog/includes folder, so you need to move that file across.

Also, for the flags, you need to manually create the geo_flags folder inside /admin/images, and then unzip the zipfile contents inside that folder.

Regards,

Mark

PERFECT!!!

I had preoviously read through the topic the change of directory but dind't realize I wasn't doing it on mine... :blush:

All Fine. Works perfect. Congratulations for all the work!!

For those of you wondering if you need this contribution.....Yes, you do.

This is an absolute must. The install couldn't be easier and the information it provides is a tremendous asset to any shop. This one ranks in my top ten must have contributions. Thanks to Mark Stevens for all his hard work and excellent support.

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

For those of you wondering if you need this contribution.....Yes, you do.

This is an absolute must. The install couldn't be easier and the information it provides is a tremendous asset to any shop. This one ranks in my top ten must have contributions. Thanks to Mark Stevens for all his hard work and excellent support.

Moon

Hi,

many thanks for your kind comments :blush: I must admit, that sometimes we make a rod for our own backs when we come up with these great ideas for contributions, but so far I need to keep developing this for my own needs as much as for everyone elses!

Anyway, as an appetiser, here's what's in the version which is currently running on one of my shops. I think I have reached a point where I need to make another release of Supertracker - I just need to create the new instructions, etc. As there are a number of database changes to make, which can get confusing for those upgrading, I'm planning on putting together an intelligent script that will do this automatically - it'll be a few days before I've got that finished and tested, but watch this space for further news... :-

Tracking Method

---------------

Session based tracking is history! This should resolve any problems of customers

entering via a link with a session_id attached. I've now implemented a different

tracking method, involving browser identification strings, IP addresses,

customer_id's and a whole lot of logic. I think this produces a more reliable way

of tracking users from entry, through login to purchase, and checkout, but time

will tell if I've really cracked this issue.....

Last ten visitors report

------------------------

- Now shows hostname if reverse IP pointer exists for the customer's IP address

- Images are now sized according to SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, instead

of 100x100

- For successful checkouts, an total order value is shown

- Where a customer has/had products in their cart, the total cart value is displayed

- Report can now be filtered on "Show All", "Bailed Carts" and "Successful Checkouts"

as well as matching referrers to a text string. For instance, if you want to see

what customers that came from Yahoo who added things to their cart but didn't

checkout did, you would select "Bailed Carts" and enter yahoo in the text box.

Search Keywords Used Report

---------------------------

- Report is now sorted to show most common keywords at the top; least common at the bottom

PPC Referral Summary

--------------------

- Now includes Average Time Spent on Site and Average Number of Clicks values for

each keyword (looking at $'ss made from referrals vs cost per click, i.e. ROI, should be in the next release).

Products Viewed Report

----------------------

A simple report that shows number of views for each active product on your store.

Yes, this already exists in the standard osCommerce build, but this shows every

product on a single page and makes it really easy to see which products haven't

been viewed. Because this information is based solely on the supertracker table,

it shows you data since the supertracker table was last cleared out, so perhaps is

more relevant (i.e. not obscured by history....).

Cheers,

Mark

PLEASE do release this! An update would be awesome!

Craig

OK, so in view of your excitement I have pushed things forward a little. Hopefully I haven't missed anything - no doubt early indications will be given here if I have!

Version 2 is now available in the contributions area.

Cheers,

Mark

Woo Hoo! I will go download now!

Craig

Update...

When accessing the db update file this is what I get ...

1054 - Unknown column 'browser_string' in 'where clause'

select * from supertracker where browser_string ='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7' and ip_address like '199.72%' and last_click > '2005-10-18 17:44:19'

[TEP STOP]

What does that mean?

Craig

Edited by zboyblue

UPDATE!

I figured it out. Since the instructions say to copy the files before making the database changes application top is calling the new class file and the class file is looking for fields that are not there. I commented the call in app_top, was able to run the db updater, then uncommented the call and all is fine so far.

I realized that the WHOLE site was not working, not just the updater file! One way to fix the problem would be to remove the call for application top from the db updater file I guess. ?

Craig

UPDATE!

I figured it out. Since the instructions say to copy the files before making the database changes application top is calling the new class file and the class file is looking for fields that are not there. I commented the call in app_top, was able to run the db updater, then uncommented the call and all is fine so far.

I realized that the WHOLE site was not working, not just the updater file! One way to fix the problem would be to remove the call for application top from the db updater file I guess. ?

Craig

Hmmm, that is really wierd, as I wonder why I didn't come across the same problem on the site I tested the upgrade on.

The problem is that the updater script needs to include application_top.php in order to get access to the database functions and settings (includes/config.php and includes/functions/database.php).

I think all things considered, your solution is the best one - I'll post an comment to that effect in the contributions area.

Many thanks,

Mark

On second thoughts, scrub that! The easiest way is to swap steps 2 and 3 in the upgrade instructions. This is why I didn't see it during testing because that's the order I did it in - Doh!

Cheers,

Mark

New Package with revised upgrade instructions is now added to the contributions area. So, we're now at version 2.1. Knowing how things go, I suspect we may go higher than that before the week is out.... :-"

Yea, bugs take time to work out I guess. Always good to test on someone else's system too I guess.

And why oh why am I seeing this in my Supertracker?

Google Adwords - Total Referrals 0

sex toys uk : Referrals, Average Time : mins, Average Clicks :

bondage uk : Referrals, Average Time : mins, Average Clicks :

Miva - Total Referrals 0

sex toys : Referrals, Average Time : mins, Average Clicks :

vibrators : Referrals, Average Time : mins, Average Clicks :

I love how you can filter out the carts, however, when I go to successful checkouts, the value is "0." Any idea of what I can do to get this to show their order total?

I'd love to change the date to m-d-Y...any idea on that?

Excellent contribution, thanks!