• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Thread for Supertracker Contribution

equilla

Someone has got to have an idea on this. The supertracker is great, but most of my 'referrals' are coming from my front page outside of the catalog folder. Unless I can figure this out, it really isn't beneficial to use for me.

Anybody????

For those of you that have this same issue, I fixed it by adding the supertracker addition code in application_top.php to the top of my index.html and renamed it index.php. I made sure to put in the url rather than the {dir, etc} just in case. It appears to be working without errors.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have had this running on my site for a while now, great contribution, at the moment i have my shop in a sub directory so i can only tell if someone if refered directly into the shop, i have a html homepage in my site root, can this page be modified to include supertracker so i can tell who is refered to the homepage as well?

Kind regards

Kathryn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey.

I have a problem with supertracker after istall.

This message is the only thing there happens when i open my site.

No creloaded or anything..

1054 - Unknown column 'sesskey' in 'where clause'

select * from supertracker where sesskey = '52f975830544f87a08cfce6765996f82'

[TEP STOP]

Please help.

Edited by zpiidy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

ah yes, it seems we have a configuration control problem here. The supertracker class was rewritten in one of the earlier versions and no longer needed the sesskey field in the database, so it was removed.

Unfortunately, the security update posted by createvideo was based on an earlier version of supertracker, and so is trying to use this field.

As a temporary fix you could add the sesskey field to the database, but I think we need to organise a new release that fixes this issue properly.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can you explain where (well, how really) the sesskey field should be added to the database? Also, is this a problem with v3.2b if we add the security update?

Thanks,

Adrienne

Hello,

I have to say this is a great contribution.. I have used it now for awhile on my other stores and its flawless!

BUT; I just installed it on another site and all went fine, or so I thought. It seems that no information is been stored.

When I go into see what is happpening in supertracker, there is no information there. It shows 2 rows only.. I have installed it twice and nothing.. Seems the database is not storing the information.

As I said I never had a problem with this before.. I searched the forum and I saw someone had the same problem but there was no answer..

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks in advance.

Lee.

:'( Error with SuperTracker

PLEASE HELP!! I have been using SuperTracker for several months, suddenly in the last couple days I am getting errors.

When I go to my site www.topshelfnutrition.com I get this error:

1016 - Can't open file: 'supertracker.MYD'. (errno: 145)

select * from supertracker where browser_string ='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)' and ip_address like '70.59%' and last_click > '2007-03-12 10:19:09'

[TEP STOP]

and on my admin/reports/supertracker screen I get this error:

Database Info: 1016 - Can't open file: 'supertracker.MYD'. (errno: 145)

select tracking_id, time_arrived from supertracker order by tracking_id ASC

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Until I find a solution, I am going to try to uninstall it.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have to say this is a great contribution.. I have used it now for awhile on my other stores and its flawless!

BUT; I just installed it on another site and all went fine, or so I thought. It seems that no information is been stored.

When I go into see what is happpening in supertracker, there is no information there. It shows 2 rows only.. I have installed it twice and nothing.. Seems the database is not storing the information.

As I said I never had a problem with this before.. I searched the forum and I saw someone had the same problem but there was no answer..

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks in advance.

Lee.

Well it seems that it inserts rows only for registered users.. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice now, but makes no difference..

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Lee.

Hello,

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks in advance.

Lee.

Hello,

Just incase someone else comes across this problem. This seems to affect Creload stores 6.2 and up.

If you are having the same problem here is the solution:

the problem was caused by there being an entry in the supertracker table where customer_id was 0.

Therefore, every guest was being tracked against this row. Usually, $customer_id is not set at all if the customer is not signed in, so there must have been a change in CRE Loaded somewhere along the line, to set $customer_id=0 when the customer is not signed in.

Solution was in /includes/classes/supertracker.php to change this line:

if (isset($customer_id)) {

to this:

if (isset($customer_id) && ($customer_id !=0) ) {

I hope this will help someone else in the future.

I take no credit for this fix. All credit goes to the developer of this contribution (equilla). Thanks a million for taking the time to fix this and for an incredible level of help..

Lee.

• 1 month later...

Let my start by saying that this is a must have for anyone and it.s really easy to install Thank you for the work that has been done here.

When i Installed it i did however have one problem. When I visited my shop after all it showed was a lot of error messages but looking through them I found one thing in the beginning that was something like Warning: fopen(): Unable to access includes/GeoIP.dat this file wasnt part of the package downloded but i found it elsewhere and uploaded it and then every thing worked perfect. I tried to remove it again to provoke the error, so I could post it here to help otheres but even with out that file the problem did not come back...

But anyway if you get errors like Warning: fopen(): Unable to access includes/GeoIP.dat then download it from here http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz unzip it and upload it to catalog/includes/ and that shoud take care of it...

Thanks again for a great contribution

Kennith

Hi

Thanks for the great contribution.

I seem to be having trouble using the search strings to filter the referers. I am trying to filter all the search engine bots and crawlers. I have tried typing in googlebot and "googlebot" and (googlebot) it just makes everything disappear from the last 10 customers page I just want to get rid of the search engines so that I can see what is being looked at clearly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am an OsCommerce novice, just installed supertracker and things seem to work fine. However I do not see any results showing up in the report. For some reason I dpn't think the database is storing any information. Has anyone had this problem? I have now installed this twice with the same results. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Nils Satterstrom

• 5 weeks later...

I install all the necesarry file for super tracker but i am keep getting this whyy??

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /uk/shop/admin/includes/classes/supertracker.php on line 91

can some one help me with this please

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

just discovered this very nice contrib.

I searched to make the referrering URL more longer than 255 chars. I put in the db VARCHAR with 1000 chars, but with no result. tried to change VARCHAR with TEXT and still 1000 chars but no luck too.

Can someone help me ?

example of what i have :

http://www.leguide.net/go/search/idx/5070700/mot/B

but seems retriction in the code and not in the DB...

Thanks in advance.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

*noob on* I don't know how to edit my previous post! no edit link at all even loggued in! >_< *noob off*

Ok i think I don't have been too much clear for the post above.. So let me be more precise :

1- everything working well! :thumbsup:

2- when showing stats for "Top referrers", the referring url it too short ,showing some urls limited to 50 characters like :

3- when showing stats for ten last visitors, i have full url links (with a ? at the end, dont know why):

So my question is : can I have full url like 3- but for Top referrers 2- ?

thanks in advance.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the installation of this MOD.

In the readme it says:

Step 1.

Upload the new files to your webspace. These are:

/catalog/supertracker_setup_db.php

/catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php

/catalog/includes/geoip.inc

/catalog/includes/geoipregionvars.php

/admin/supertracker.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/supertracker.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/espanol/supertracker.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/german/supertracker.php

/admin/images/geo_flags/....various

The two lines I've highlighted, should they actually be copied into an ADMIN folder on the root of my hosting, or do they refer to the ADMIN folder in my oscommerce installation? It's a bit confusing given that you also have files being copied into catalog/admin ...

The two lines I've highlighted, should they actually be copied into an ADMIN folder on the root of my hosting, or do they refer to the ADMIN folder in my oscommerce installation? It's a bit confusing given that you also have files being copied into catalog/admin ...

Hi Remy,

wow, that errors been in there a long time, so I'm surprised nobody picked it up before. Those files should indeed be going under catalog/admin.

2- when showing stats for "Top referrers", the referring url it too short ,showing some urls limited to 50 characters like :

3- when showing stats for ten last visitors, i have full url links (with a ? at the end, dont know why):

So my question is : can I have full url like 3- but for Top referrers 2- ?

thanks in advance.

Seb

Hi Seb,

If you have a look in catalog/admin/supertracker.php, you will find the line of code that limits the length of the URL shown (or anything else in the table for that matter); it's this one:

if (strlen($tracker[$r]) > 50) $tracker[$r] = substr($tracker[$r],0,50);

What this does is to limit all strings to 50 characters in length. If you remove this line, it will show the whole thing. URLs can get very long, which is why this was introduced, in order to avoid having a table that stretched way off screen.

Regards,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

For those considering this contribution, here are my thoughts after using it for about a year. First of all, I'd have to say it is a nice contrib and provides useful info. However, it places a huge demand on your server having to query and find each IP record each and every time someone visits a page. So we have decided to uninstall it and use google analytics exclusively, which is free and provides the same data excluding it does not provide the page on which someone added to cart and dropped unfortunately :'( . We came to this decision after we forgot to remove old data for a couple of months and saw our average page loading time go from about 2 seconds to 5.6 seconds slowly over those couple of months and couldn't figure out why until we realized we had let data in supertacker build for about 2.5 months. As soon as we deleted the old data however it shot back down to about 2 seconds and when we removed the supertracker code it got even faster, about 1.6 seconds. So these are our experiences, take from it what you will. I'd have to say it is a nice contrib and provides useful info, it is just too intensive on server queries for us.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

For those considering this contribution, here are my thoughts after using it for about a year. First of all, I'd have to say it is a nice contrib and provides useful info. However, it places a huge demand on your server having to query and find each IP record each and every time someone visits a page. So we have decided to uninstall it and use google analytics exclusively, which is free and provides the same data excluding it does not provide the page on which someone added to cart and dropped unfortunately :'( . We came to this decision after we forgot to remove old data for a couple of months and saw our average page loading time go from about 2 seconds to 5.6 seconds slowly over those couple of months and couldn't figure out why until we realized we had let data in supertacker build for about 2.5 months. As soon as we deleted the old data however it shot back down to about 2 seconds and when we removed the supertracker code it got even faster, about 1.6 seconds. So these are our experiences, take from it what you will. I'd have to say it is a nice contrib and provides useful info, it is just too intensive on server queries for us.

Well for my part I thank the developer of this contribution as it is invaluable "SERVER SIDE" info as opposed to relying on "javascript on" and a none too impartial third party script.

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed supertracker but sometimes when a customer clicks to login in order to checkout he will get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'xxxxx, ";s:16:"xxxxxx";:"xxxxxxxx

UPDATE supertracker set last_click='2007-09-18 11:56:41', exit_page='/login.php', num_clicks='4', added_cart='true', categories_viewed='b:0;', products_viewed='*35?', customer_id='306', completed_purchase='false', cart_contents='a:1:{s:11:"47{sub_id}1";a:2:{s:3:"qty";s:1:"1";s:11:"form_values";a:20:{s:10:"xxxxxxxxxxx:"";s:19:"additional_comments";s:0:"";s:12:"xxxxxxxxxxx";s:0:"";s:17:"check_starting_no";xxxxxxxxxx";s:18:"";s:xx:"xxxxxxxx";s:10:";s:7:"xxxxxxxxxxx";s:16:"xxxxxxxxx";s:9:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";s:19:"xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";s:10:"-";s:10:"";s:0:"";s:10:"";s:0:"";s:10:"xxxxxxx";s:21:"xxxxxx, ";s:9:":10:"";s:14:"xxxxxx";s:0:"";s:14:"xxxxxxxxxx";s:0:";s:16:";s:22:"";s:5:"price";s:12:"10";s:5:"color";s:1:"1";}}}', cart_total = 'xx.xx', order_id = '0' where tracking_id='12015'

[TEP STOP]

(i've deleted here or replaced personal info with xx)

What do i do??