• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class Gift Voucher

tuppergirl

I've this contribution installed and there isn't any error messages however something seems not right.

- However, I can't find an option to create Gift Voucher. The instruction given was to create GV like adding a product. Ok, I add a product and called it Gift_Voucher but when I test purchase it, it is not recognised as a Gift Voucher and no code is given via the order email notification. There isn't any option that said Add Gift Voucher or Create Gift Voucher. How and where to create GV?

I've already set admin>catalog>to offer a gift voucher

and

admin>modules>order Total

to install both GV and DC. So.. what else I missed? How and where to create GV?

- The test discount coupons I created, I can't delete it from the admin. When I chose All coupons, all the test DC will show even after I deleted them. Do I have to do it via sql?

Please advise. Thanks

There is two steps to add them to your store to sell.

1. Create the gift vouchers using the Gift Voucher part of the admin area.

2. Go into your store like you are going to make a new product, fill out all of the information like a normal product but then I believe you have to put the model as GIFT_25 or however you have them set up originally.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

There is two steps to add them to your store to sell.

1. Create the gift vouchers using the Gift Voucher part of the admin area.

2. Go into your store like you are going to make a new product, fill out all of the information like a normal product but then I believe you have to put the model as GIFT_25 or however you have them set up originally.

I don't know if the version I downloaded works differently. Firstly, there isn't an option to create gift vouchers under the "Voucher/Coupon". There are only Coupon Admin, Gift Voucher Queue, Mail Gift Voucher, Gift Voucher Sents. Discount Coupon can be created via the coupon admin but not the gift voucher.

I tried to create the gift voucher under admin>catalog>categories/products and use GIFT_25 for product_model. I don't know if this is the right way, this GIFT_25 appears under new products. When purchased as a normal product, it is not recognised as a gift voucher and no code was sent together with the order process email.

When I tried to send the gift voucher from the admin>voucher/coupon>mail gift voucher, there isn't an option to choose which gift voucher I want to use. A mail can be sent successfully but the link to the gift voucher is invalid. Admin shows two codes for the gift voucher sent but in fact I only sent once. The code received via the email is the wrong code and can't be redeemed.

I'm having no problems of the installation but getting lots of frustrations on figuring out how this work and should be worked. Since there are no error messages, I don't know if I have missed one or two files that caused the contribution not to work to the max.

Anyone with this contribution installed, can you kindly let me know how it supposed to work and screen shots on on how it supposed to look like? Everyone is talking about this and swear that this contrib is the best and needed.. but after I installed it, it is rather disappointing. I must have missed some files? I downloaded the 5.14 version. and spent the last night and the entire monring and afternoon trying to install, uninstall, test run, creatte... etc but it just doesn't work fine for me. I'd like to post my screen shots but this site doesn't allow upload of images and I don't own a website. Anyone please help. Thanks

p/s: This forum search function is really a test of patience... I tried to search for solutions but the search funciton is really ...... @#$#%$^!@#

I believe you make new coupons and vouchers under coupon admin.

If you read the install file it tells you how to make the coupons and how to add them to your store to sell them.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.