• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution "All Products 2.8" confusion

I am trying to add the Contribution "All Products 2.8". The read me file is shown below. Can someone tell me what steps 2 and 3 mean.

Not sure what lines it is asking me to add in the relevant documents for part 2.

In part 3, which new pages are these?

I have highlighted the part in orange!

MOdified by Schizo Binky on May 23, 2004 to work with BTS V1.3

if you have other templates directory other than osC or OneTable-fluid,

just make a copy of osC directory from catalog\templates and rename it to template directory you need it for

Contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,137

All Products for osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 1 & 2

version 3.0 by Ingo Malchow, [email protected]

released under the GNU General Public License

for the community of osCommerce

===============================================

Back to the roots.

Remember! The job of the page all_products was to show links by all products in offer for the searchengines.

I mean there must show links to FILENAME_DEFAULT with cPath and FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO with products_id on one page.

All_products 3.0 make correctly this and fast! Every product and every category with full pathlinks. And this with

only 2 Queries by the database.

I have killed the "/name=xxxx" from the URL. Why? Every Link to FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO in the whole shop must

look at unique. Show the products_name in the URL must be realized by a central function and use this in every

Link to FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO!

================================================

Install

1. copy /catalog/all_products.php to your catalog/all_products.php

and /catalog/includes/languages/(language)/all_products.php to your /catalog/includes/(language)/all_products.php

2. add the lines in:

/catalog/includes/filenames.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english.php

/catalog/includes/languages/german.php

into your files with the same path and name.

Attention! Don't replace!!! Add only lines beginning with "define".

3. Place Links to the new page as you want. Look this:

<?php

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS) . '">' . ALL_PRODUCTS_LINK . '</a>';

?>

3.1 Make a link in the categoriesbox:

open catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php:

find around line 66:

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES);

change to:

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS) . '" class="headerNavigation">' . BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES . '</a><br>' );

That should do it!!

If you find this contribution useful and be happy, let me know it. When not be in silence.

I'm sorry for my bad english. I hope you can it understand.

Wish you peace on earth and have a nice time.

------------------------

I'm a dreamer too, John!

• 2 weeks later...
can someone please hepl me with this one.

i'll buy you a virtual drink!

I just found this when searching for info on exactly the same thing. The instructions are incomprehensible, does anyone want to try to help us out here?

regards

mogsta

I can't help you with that contribution. If there is a support thread for it, the questions should be asked there. As an alternative though, you may want to consider this one. It installs easily and works great.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't help you with that contribution. If there is a support thread for it, the questions should be asked there. As an alternative though, you may want to consider this one. It installs easily and works great.

Jack

Hello. I just installed that contribution a couple of days ago. Maybe I can shed some light on the situation for you all. the instructions were difficult to follow.

1. In each file it's referring to, you'll need to add the defines where you would like them.

Ex. Add the following line to catalog/includes/languages/'YOUR_LANGUAGE'.php(from the unzipped folder, it is written under the respective files)

//all products

define ('ALL_PRODUCTS_LINK', 'All products');

2. For the catalog/includes/filenames.php I had to write my own code, as the unzipped folder contained no filenames.php file. The code I wrote is below.

define('FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS', 'all_products.php');

3. The "new pages" are actually all pages you want to display the link. Without the filenames.php alteration, this link would be inoperable. Wherever you want to display the link to the new All Products page, insert the code below. I chose to use it only in the footer, as most people will not use this link. However, it's a good idea to have it somewhere as bots use it to search your page.

<?php

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS) . '">' . ALL_PRODUCTS_LINK . '</a>';

?>

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I have subscribed to this topic.

• 1 month later...
Hello. I just installed that contribution a couple of days ago. Maybe I can shed some light on the situation for you all. the instructions were difficult to follow.

1. In each file it's referring to, you'll need to add the defines where you would like them.

Ex. Add the following line to catalog/includes/languages/'YOUR_LANGUAGE'.php(from the unzipped folder, it is written under the respective files)

//all products

define ('ALL_PRODUCTS_LINK', 'All products');

2. For the catalog/includes/filenames.php I had to write my own code, as the unzipped folder contained no filenames.php file. The code I wrote is below.

define('FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS', 'all_products.php');

3. The "new pages" are actually all pages you want to display the link. Without the filenames.php alteration, this link would be inoperable. Wherever you want to display the link to the new All Products page, insert the code below. I chose to use it only in the footer, as most people will not use this link. However, it's a good idea to have it somewhere as bots use it to search your page.

<?php

?>

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I have subscribed to this topic.

HI i have just installed the contribution, and all seems fine in the installation but i would like to make an adjustment and not sure how to go about this..

After each Category i would like put a line sperator so i would a line between each of the categories and not the products... eg something like;

Category A - Prdouct1

Product2

----------------------------------

Category B - Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

-------------------------------

Category C .....

etc...

the code i have for the category and product listing is as follows

"		 <tr>\n" .
'		   <td width="50%" class="pageheading"><span class="catentry">' . (($memory == $products['categories_id'])? '': $cat_info[$products['categories_id']]['link']) . "</span></td>\n" .
'		   <td class="pageheading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id'] . (($language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $language_code))) . '"><span class="catentry">' . $products['products_name'] . "</span></a></td>\n" .
"		  </tr>\n";

Any help would be great