• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contrib No Longer Supported

AllTheAbove

I have posted for help under the Infobox Skin thread, but apparetly it is no longer being supported. Ever since I installed this thing, I have had nothing but trouble. I could use some basic help in getting this worked out. If you could possibly answer any of the questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Lets start with the front page.

In the infoboxes are things like BOX_INFORMATION_MORETEXT

Some of it I figured out how to change, but the ones that remain I am stumped. In the Info box, I don't want those other two lines, but if I try to remove their reference I get page errors.

The footer navbar at the bottom and the coloration of the footer area. I want the navbar to span the page just like the header does. I would also like to be able to change the color of the main area without the footer color changing. The header is already seperate. I tried changing this in css and footer.php but neither worked. :huh:

The main page text needs to stretch a bit more to the right. It looks like column_right should be there, however I removed it yet the text will not move.

Ok, now moving forward.

When I try to go to a product page or add to cart, I get a 404 error. I know these are there because I can see them in admin. In the url bar it says something like FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO and a bunch of garbage after it along with a cPath.

Those are my main problems. There might be more, but how the heck will I know unless the other problems are fixed. I have been searching the forums looking for answers and trying some stuff out, but nothing is working (obviously or I wouldn't be here typing this begging for help).

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Lori

Your error with FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO indicates a problem not related to the contribution - this should be defined in /includes/filenames.php

Matti

Your error with FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO indicates a problem not related to the contribution - this should be defined in /includes/filenames.php

Matti

Well.. that fixed it except that now it is looking for "Also Purchased". I don't have a file with that name. When I try to remove the reference I end up with

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /www/a/alltheabovew/htdocs/catalog/product_info.php on line 254

So.. Now I will try to create an infobox for "Also Purchased" but instead of showing what other people purchased, I am going to try to get it to show other random products.

There is a "also_purchased_products.php" in includes/modules. I think this is the file that it is calling.

--KJ

Ok, I found the file. It should not be calling for this file as I have installed cross-sell. When I looked at the code for cross-sell that the instructions said to add, I see this:

Modify catalog/product_info.php to include xsell_products.php above also_purchased.
So seach for this section
<?php
   if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {
     echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
   } else {
     include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
   }
  }
?>

And change it to this
<?php
//added for cross -sell
  if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {
   echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
  } else {
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
     include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
   }
  }
?>

So, what do I need to modify so that it shows the "recommended products" as opposed to "also purchased"?

Thanks for any help

Lori

Still looking for help on this.. Anyone?

Got it taken care of. Phew!

Oh, and just in case anyone else runs into the problem, make sure your table is defined in database_tables.php in catalog/includes and that the infobox is defined in filenames.php also in catalog/includes.

Lori