• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN 1.1

I am using Paypal IPN 1.1 and I have a small problem. When the order is created in my shop, the stock is not reserved. If the buyer makes payment on Paypal but does not click the button to return to my shop then the stock is still not reserved.

If he clicks the button to return to my shop then all is OK. This obviously could cause problems as customers could be ordering against stock that I do not have.

Is there anyway to fix this. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

• 1 month later...
I think I'm having this same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Chad

Log into your Paypal account (or Sandbox account) go to "Website Payment Preference" page under Profile section, in Auto Return have radio box "on" checked - this will force payers to automatically return to your site (i.e. to checkout_success.php or any thank-you page) and the Order IPN page within your osc will get updated.

So far, this is the easiest way to solve the return issue effeciently.

Good Luck!

Log into your Paypal account (or Sandbox account) go to "Website Payment Preference" page under Profile section, in Auto Return have radio box "on" checked - this will force payers to automatically return to your site (i.e. to checkout_success.php or any thank-you page) and the Order IPN page within your osc will get updated.

So far, this is the easiest way to solve the return issue effeciently.

Good Luck!

It will not work if the customer clicks away in the few seconds before the auto-return URL becomes active. I have similar problems sometimes for those customers who are leaving Paypal to hastily. I think the only solution will be to update the stock before going to Paypal just like it is pre-registering the order. The caveat is that if a customer doesn't pay on Paypal afteral you have an obselete order AND a wrong stock quantity.