• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Time frame on developing a site

deanC

I am working on 9 weeks but I think I am an idiot. I have no knowledge just determination! What takes most people a few minutes takes me a whole day!

Good luck,...But with your knowledge of html and this board I am sure you will be up in no time. I have heard of people being done with a simple site in just a day or so.

Anj

depends upon what you want it to look like

Hi, can anyone give me a reasonable guesstimate on how long it takes to develop a site, given I have HTML skills but no PHP yet? How long did it take people here?

Thanks.

Anything more than a few days and I am itching to do something else.

You do need a little PHP skill if you want to make your shop look very different from the standard layout.

Hi, can anyone give me a reasonable guesstimate on how long it takes to develop a site, given I have HTML skills but no PHP yet? How long did it take people here?

Thanks.

Well install needs two hours then if you want to modify the layout then its proportional to the complexity.

To that add an average of 10 days if you want to get 5 contribs up.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Install is about 5 minutes.

Contributions will normally take 15 minutes to an hour. Custom coding, template integration or merging conflicting contributions is really what takes the longest.

Some sites I finish in a day or two. Others I work on for weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Agreed - but only when you have the experience!

Mine take anything from a few hours for the whole site setup, to months for a completely customised job.

Vger

Install is about 5 minutes.

Contributions will normally take 15 minutes to an hour. Custom coding, template integration or merging conflicting contributions is really what takes the longest.

Some sites I finish in a day or two. Others I work on for weeks.

Archived