• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flat Rate Plus additional amount per item

Codez

Is there a way of applying a flat rate for shipping and calculating an additional amount per item on top of the flat rate? I was looking at the Per Item module but this doesn't quite do what I want it to do. It applies a flat rater per item plus an additional amount per item.

I just want a flat rate of like $3.00 for the shipping and every time a customer adds a new item an additional $1.00 per item added.

It may be a little overkill, but my MZMT shipping module will do this for you.

You'd setup your table using the count method to be "0:100%" (which translates to $1 per item [100% of the number of items])

Then, depending on what you want ($3 for 1 item, $4 for 2 items, $5 for 3 items, etc... --or-- $4 for 1 item, $5 for 2 items, $6 for 3 items, etc...), you would set the handling fee for the table to be either $2 or $3

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2571

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

It may be a little overkill, but my MZMT shipping module will do this for you.

You'd setup your table using the count method to be "0:100%"? (which translates to $1 per item [100% of the number of items])

Then, depending on what you want ($3 for 1 item, $4 for 2 items, $5 for 3 items, etc... --or-- $4 for 1 item, $5 for 2 items, $6 for 3 items, etc...), you would set the handling fee for the table to be either $2 or $3

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2571

Thanks for your suggestion....I'm tryin to figure out how this is going to work since the site that we are looking at is selling hard goods as well as downloadable items...and the problem we keep facing is that items are not the same thing as products. And I'm not sure if a zone can be a product and not an actual geographical location.

with the purchase of cd's we want a flat rate of $3 and every additional item after the first goes up 99 cents

with other products such as mugs we want a different flat rate with an additional amount of $2 for every item above the first

The first $X additional $Y is the closest we've found except that it applies the additional amount to the line item so the increase is always 99 cents cause it doesn't care what product you're selling and also charges shipping on downloadable items if it is being purchased with other hard goods. Is there anything I can do?

Edited by Codez