• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thumbnail PDF Catalogue

Vger

Sorry, this contrib just creates a catalogue of all of your products. If your catalogue is going to come to 400+ pages then even with the thumbnailer it will probably require more time than allowed for in your php.ini file (default is 30 second Max PHP execution time). If you have access to a local copy of your php.ini file then you can reset that to a higher figure.

Vger

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, this contrib just creates a catalogue of all of your products. If your catalogue is going to come to 400+ pages then even with the thumbnailer it will probably require more time than allowed for in your php.ini file (default is 30 second Max PHP execution time). If you have access to a local copy of your php.ini file then you can reset that to a higher figure.

Vger

The catalogue seems to generate ok, its just a very BIG file, about 6mb to be exact. I'm going to add a note to the product_info page to allow custoers to contact us for a copy of the catalog on disk if they are sturrgling, and i've just started to try and integrate the catalog by category - although as i'm sure your aware my skills are not very good!! lol..

I've got as far as it actually generating a document called catergories_1.pdf as per the original PDF catalog contribution, but its just a header with no products in...so i've got some troubleshooting to do....lol!!

Thanks for your help.

Donna

Hello,

I'm moving my web site from Windows server to Apache. The "Thumbnail PDF Catalogue" worked great on Windows server but now on the Apache, when I go to generate a PDF catalogue I'm getting the following message:

Missing or incorrect image file: /var/www/store/osCommerce/images/Image.jpgFPDF error: Not a JPEG file: /var/www/store/osCommerce/images/

though my Image.jpg is in the /images/ directory. And when I go to /images/imagecache/ the images are not created, thouth they all have been viewed at least once from the catalog side.

What can be a problem here on the Apache server that is different from Windows? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thumbnail PDF Catalogue requires GD Library to be installed on the server. You can check this in osC Admin --> Tools --> Server Info.

Vger

Hi Vger,

GD Library is enabled on the server. Still not working. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

You didn't follow all of the install instructions - because it's not looking in the 'imagecache' folder for the images.

Vger

I use this contribution for a long time already and it worked perfect on Windows server, but now, when I moved to Apache, it's giving me an error that the image file is missing or incorrect, though it is in the right place and in the right format. I didn't change anything in the files, except for uploading them on the Apache, and I followed all the install instructions correctly since it worked fine for a long time. So, the problem is probably somewhere else. The question is... where?

Thanks.

Make sure that the imagecache folder has permissions of 755, or, if that permission level does not work, try 777 (this is not recommended as it is 'full permissions').

Vger

Make sure that the imagecache folder has permissions of 755, or, if that permission level does not work, try 777 (this is not recommended as it is 'full permissions').

Vger

It does have permission set to 755. I even tried 777, but still getting the same problem. The Warning message says:

Warning: getimagesize(/var/www/store/osCommerce/images/Image.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/store/osCommerce/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1475

Missing or incorrect image file: /var/www/store/osCommerce/images/Image.jpgFPDF error: Not a JPEG file: /var/www/store/osCommerce/images/

It's always pointing up to the same Image.jpg. I don't see anything specific about this image, the same format, resolution, size as all other images. What's the problem?

Thanks.

It could be that this particular image file is corrupted. I have seen this happen before, especially when the image has been sent as an email attachment to someone to post on their website.

It could also be that the catalogue generation is always running out of time (usually 30 seconds) at the point where it comes to that image. It may also be a mismatch between Image.jpg and image.jpg

Vger

It could be that this particular image file is corrupted. I have seen this happen before, especially when the image has been sent as an email attachment to someone to post on their website.

It could also be that the catalogue generation is always running out of time (usually 30 seconds) at the point where it comes to that image. It may also be a mismatch between Image.jpg and image.jpg

Vger

My Maximum allowed time in php.ini is set to 160 because I already had a problem with catalogue generation running out of time before. The file can't be corrupted because I can easily open it and it showing up fine from my catalog section. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

None at all.

Vger

I found what caused my errors :). All my images were .JPG instead of .jpg. Linux in comparison to Windows is very case sensitive and this is the reason it didn't see my images when generating catalogues. I should of know of this difference. Well..., sometimes we can learn from our nescience too. :thumbsup:

Hi,

I'm wondering if this contrib could easily be adapted to work with 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library #2226.

Also wondering if anyone has been able to have this work with SPPC? I'd really only need the catalogue for my dealers. So this would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Shayne

I'm wondering if this contrib could easily be adapted to work with 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library

No, it can't - but have a look in Contributions because I believe there is another version that does use the On The Fly Thumbnailer with GD Library.

Vger

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have looked through the thread, but did not find an answer - though several people had to deal with the same problem:

------ ERROR BEGIN WHEN trying to create a catalog -----

Warning: getimagesize(C:/...../php/oscommerce/catalog/images/imagecache/GNR_TS-900.JPG) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\....\php\oscommerce\catalog\admin\fpdf\fpdf.php on line 1582

FPDF error: Missing or incorrect image file: C:/.../php/oscommerce/catalog/images/imagecache/GNR_TS-900.JPG

------ END error --------

The problem is, that the file

GNR_TS-900.JPG

exists - but not in the imagecache directory, but the image directory. In the imagecache the file has a prefix (sizes) from the thumbnail creation.

Where can I adjust the code that the actual file from the imagecache will be used? The correct filename with prefix would be 47x57_GNR TS-900.JPG. So what I need to get is

C:/.../php/oscommerce/catalog/images/imagecache/47x57_GNR TS-900.JPG

Olaf

• 2 weeks later...
Thumbnail PDF Catalogue is coded to work with Auto-Thumbnailer, not any other thumbnail contribution.

Vger

nice looking pdf catalog indeed,

but if you load your own highe quality thumbnails, can you use uploaded thumbnails and overide use of Auto-Thumbnailer to improve photo quality?

any plans to enable catalog by category similar to here in addition to entire store?

Somewhere in the code is a setting where you can control the quality of the thumbnails, but it's been so long since I put AutoThumbaniler and PDF Catalog together that I can't remember where that is.

The thumbnails once generated are permanent, so you should be able to upload your own thumbnails to the 'imagecache' folder.

I don't plan any further development of this contribution.

Vger

• 4 weeks later...

Hello vger,

There was no problem installing, everything works fine. My problem is that the thumbnail have very low quality, so I combined some code from your contrib 3423 with sime lines from contrib 1484. That worked great, the original pics are 50-80KB, with your contrib the thumnails is 2-4KB in size and now with the code from contrib 1484 the size is 8-12KB. My problem is that the quality is still to low for us. I will try modify the code from Contrib 1484 so the quality can be more than 100. 200 makes the same size thumbnail as 100.

This is the code, it is not written by me:

/catalog/include/functions/html_output.php:

#################################################

# 7 July 06 - Olaf Noehring ([email protected] // http://www.team-noehring.de)

# Added possible definition of JPG thumbnail quality

# Changed number of steps for this contrib

#

#IF you are UPDATING and need to add the jpg quality only, do this (complete INSTALLATION instructions below):

#open /catalog/include/functions/html_output.php

#search for

# function thumbimage ($image, $x, $y, $aspectratio, $resize, $cachedir){

#directly after add

# define(JPEGQUALITY, 95); //define the quality of JPG thumbnails

#search for

# call_user_func("image".$types[$imagedata[2]], $thumb, $cachedir.$thumbfile);

#replace with

# if ($types[$imagedata[2]] == "jpeg") {

# call_user_func("image".$types[$imagedata[2]], $thumb, $cachedir.$thumbfile, JPEGQUALITY);

# }

# else {

# call_user_func("image".$types[$imagedata[2]], $thumb, $cachedir.$thumbfile);

# }

#UPDATE done

#################################################

PS Posted this to a new topic for some reason, anyone who knows how to delete my new topic JPEG - Quality? DS

/Fredrik

Edited by fredrik_76

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how this contrib works with Enable/Disable Categories contrib? I was wondering if products from a disabled category still show in the catalogue. Any info about this is appreciated!

Edited by MagickWomyn

• 5 months later...

Hi!

Warning: getimagesize(/var/www/html/storefront/images/imagecache/ring1_6.jpg.thumb_prod_infoprod_info_x95_f380d6a811326de59f1362f7d8d559f0.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/storefront/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1486

Missing or incorrect image file: /var/www/html/storefront/images/imagecache/ring1_6.jpg.thumb_prod_infoprod_info_x95_f380d6a811326de59f1362f7d8d559f0.jpgFPD

F error: Not a JPEG file: /var/www/html/storefront/images/no_picture.jpg

What is a problem?