osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thumbnail PDF Catalogue

Vger

Is The PDF Catalog 1.59 From You

As I keep telling you:

1. No it's not. This is the support thread for the Thumbnail PDF Catalogue

And If Yes Or You Will Help Me.

2. No, I won't. You're not using my contribution. Please post your questions to the support thread for the PDF Catalog and stop posting in this thread.

Vger

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I keep telling you:

1. No it's not. This is the support thread for the Thumbnail PDF Catalogue

2. No, I won't. You're not using my contribution. Please post your questions to the support thread for the PDF Catalog and stop posting in this thread.

Vger

Sorry Vger

I Asking Only, And I Wish PDF Catalog 1.59 Is Not Yours, I Understand You.

Vger

I am having a problem with the PDF catalogue. In Configuration --> Images, the Small Image Height must be blank - I need to be able to put images of various heights on my website.

When I generate a PDF catalogue in Admin, it makes all the images the same size, and cuts out parts of the larger images. Is there any way to tell the contribution to generate thumbnails relative to the size of the actual image?

I apologise if this question has been asked on this thread before, but I haven't found it.

Many thanks.

Bob

Edited by bobeisenberg

In admin/pdf_config.php you can do the same sort of thing, by defining the image width but leaving the image height blank e.g.

//Width max in mm

define('MAX_IMAGE_WIDTH',70);

//Height max in mm

define('MAX_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '');

Vger

hi,

I have installed Thumbnail pdf Catalogue 2,01 works perfectly all, I would want to make of the modifications, have watched all the code but they are not successful to understand where to put the hands in order to make the modifications that I wish. I would want to make so that one creates me new single page with the main categories and not with the sottocategorie. Where I must insert the control categories_id = parent_id then creates one new pages otherwise continues

I am sorry but I only have time to help people who have trouble installing this contribution. If you have installed it and wish to modify it then you will have to make those changes yourself.

Vger

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have tried MANY times to install V2.0 of this contribution and no matter what, i cannot get it to work.

The first time I installed it, I done the whole lot work for word, and all i got on my homepage was some german text.

So i then tried to install just the thumbnail part, and still got the same German error.

Any ideas?

Regards

The german text you got on your homepage is due to the fact that your hosting company uses servers based in Germany. It is a server error message - but unless you speak German you're not going to know what it says. I suggest you ask your hosting company to provide a translation.

Vger

I have found a piece of the code that has the error message in it, so it looks like the contrib is German, not my host :lol:

!isset ($image)
	  ? DIE ('Es wurde kein Bild angegeben!')
	  : !file_exists($image)
		   ? DIE ('Die angegebene Datei konnte nicht auf dem Server gefunden werden!')
		   : false;

I have done a search on here for 'Die angegebene Datei konnte nicht auf dem Server gefunden werden!', and there are lots of others with this message, most being something to do with auto thumbnailers, but no answers.

Translated, it means "The indicated file could not be found on the server" ??? Which file??

Also, should this thumbnailer work as a standalone, or does it need the whole PDF catalogue installed too?

Regards

The contribution is not German, it's in English. Your host is using German based servers.

It says in the Install instructions that it relies upon GD Library being installed on the server. You should check with your hosting company to make sure it is installed.

This support thread is only for Thumbnail PDF Catalogue. There is a stand-alone contribution called Auto-Thumbnailer which was incorporated into this contribution, but with modifications. However, that also relies upon GD Library being installed on the server.

Vger

Hi Vger

If you look at the text file located in the 'Functions' folder (the one your instructions say to use if you have a modded the html_output.php) the German text is between lines 111 & 121 of this text file, which it tells you to insert at the end of your html_output.php.

I have checked with my host and GDLib2 is installed on the server.

Regards

This support thread is only for Thumbnail PDF Catalogue. There is a stand-alone contribution called Auto-Thumbnailer which was incorporated into this contribution, but with modifications.

Vger

No, it won't. There is another version 'PDF Catalog' which works on its own, without a thumbnailer - but then you run into server time-out problems when it tries to generate the Catalogues with full sized images in them.

Provided that you have GD Library installed (which you do) and you install Thumbnail PDF Catalogue correctly then it will work very well for your site.

Vger

It is Thumbnail PDF Catalogue that i am trying to install (v2.0) NOT Auto-Thumbnailer. It is this contribution that is giving me the german error.

• 3 weeks later...

I see these error can help me???

Warning: getimagesize(/web/htdocs/www.xxx.it/home/catalog/images/imagecache/15680.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.xxx.it/home/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1475

Missing or incorrect image file: /web/htdocs/www.xxx.it/home/catalog/images/imagecache/15680.jpgFPDF error: Not a JPEG file: /web/htdocs/www.xxx.it/home/catalog/images/no_picture.jpg

That usually happens when you haven't shown all of the product images on your website. You have to show them all once in order for the thumbnails to be generated.

If it's not that then check via Server Info in osCommerce admin that your server has GD Library installed.

Vger

That usually happens when you haven't shown all of the product images on your website. You have to show them all once in order for the thumbnails to be generated.

If it's not that then check via Server Info in osCommerce admin that your server has GD Library installed.

Vger

I was about to say I have the exact same error.. but I went through the catalogue and then back to the pdf creator and all went well.

Now.. Where abouts do I change the currency in the pdf file??

It's showing prices in GBP but I do not have GBP on my system at all.. I have changed all to suite AUD (Australian $ )

Edited by Roomeat

Never mind.. found the info in the pdf_config.php file.

All working great now ;)

just got to format it now to my liking :D

Thanks for the great contribution :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Roomeat

Not understand how do it

admin/pdf_config.php

//Put the VAT if you want

define('VAT','');

Edit this to say whatever Tax you use and the percentage rate

Vger

Have come across another small problem (that I am sure is only something I have missed)..

The pdf file is not including the prices WITH tax.

Where can I change this??