• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thumbnail PDF Catalogue

Vger

I was wondering if some one could help me make some changes the the catalogs layout. Id like to change how it looks and how the catalog looks. Also Id like to put the table of contents at the begining of the catalog. And some other niceties.

I still havent had any luck. If any one can help me please?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already answered your question by PM. It really doesn't matter how many times you ask the question the answer remains the same:

You change the look/laout in admin/pdf_config.php, and "No" there is no other template.

Vger

I was wondering if some one could help me make some changes the the catalogs layout. Id like to change how it looks and how the catalog looks. Also Id like to put the table of contents at the begining of the catalog. And some other niceties.

I know you answered me, But Im looking for more to the answer. You said change that stuff. And I did, but your not explaining how to change the actual physical layout. Like maybe I want boxes to be shaped differnt? Images in differnt places. lists of items with just a Small Image, Name, Decsrition, and price, insead of all the information.

Vger

I'm getting this issue during catalog generation:

Warning: getimagesize(/kunden/homepages/2/XXXXXXXXX/htdocs/GForce/shoppingbeta/images/imagecache/Burberry_Baby_Blue 02.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/2/XXXXXXXXXX/htdocs/GForce/shoppingbeta/admincmb/pdf_catalogue.php on line 369
FPDF error: GIF parser: unable to open file /kunden/homepages/2/XXXXXXXX/htdocs/GForce/shoppingbeta/images/imagecache/Burberry_Baby_Blue 02.gif

the problem is, I can't get it to cache the images because the index.php file comes up with this error (after I translated it)

The indicated file could not be found on the server!

!isset ($image)
	  ? DIE ('No picture was indicated!')
	  : !file_exists($image)
		   ? DIE ('The indicated file could not be found on the server!')
		   : false;

Which connects to this part of the code in the html_output.php which is where my errors seems to be an issue......if I use an absolute html_output.php......no problem, add the changes from your txt, these errors....

permissions are 777 on the two folders @ shoppingbeta\images\imagecache AND shoppingbeta\catalogues

I've removed the "gif" as non acceptable files

I've added the info to the two config files

Ideas?

My site is heavily modified, but this is the only stumbling block for this contrib

Chris

The 'getimagesize' relies upon a feature called GD Library being installed on your server. It may be that this is not installed, or that it is installed but is an older version which is not compatible. Check your 'Server Info' under Tools in your osC admin panel.

Vger

The 'getimagesize' relies upon a feature called GD Library being installed on your server. It may be that this is not installed, or that it is installed but is an older version which is not compatible. Check your 'Server Info' under Tools in your osC admin panel.

Vger

Pulled from server info

gd

GD Support enabled

GD Version 2.0 or higher

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPG Support enabled

PNG Support enabled

WBMP Support enabled

I think those are the elements of GD library yes? IF so, what should I look at next?

Thanks for the fast response...:)

Chris

Yes, that looks fine - but please check this.

Thumbnail images are only generated after the page on which the image is used has been displayed. So you have to go to your site and display all of the images once so that the thumbnails are created. Only after they have been created can you create the catalogue using those thumbnails.

Vger

Yes, that looks fine - but please check this.

Thumbnail images are only generated after the page on which the image is used has been displayed. So you have to go to your site and display all of the images once so that the thumbnails are created. Only after they have been created can you create the catalogue using those thumbnails.

Vger

The only addition to that file is the RMH referrals function at the end, but when I use your file raw I get the error

The indicated file could not be found on the server!

So the process you mention never starts correctly to build the images........only the html_output file modifications gives these errors.......so I'm not sure what to do. I've also tried installing it manually piece by piece and no luck........yet

Here is a link to my site (I have a live and beta for testing)

http://www.gforceperformanceaudio.com/shoppingbeta/

Chris

The reason you are having problems has nothing to do with the PDF catalog - all of your links point to the shared ssl address (all the ones that should be http). It's not even possible to get the pages in your Information Box.

Please correct your configuration before reposting.

Vger

Ok, they were both set to ssl because I kept getting SSL redirect errors becuase I'm using sessions and not force cookie option so I don't want to freak out my customers.

Either way, all http links are corrected and it still doesn't load the main page.

I hope this helps........

Next step?

It's still nothing to do with PDF Catalogue. If you go to any of the pages in your Information box you still get the error message - and they have nothing to do with this contribution.

Please don't repost a problem with PDF Catalogue until you have sorted the rest of your site out.

Vger

It's still nothing to do with PDF Catalogue. If you go to any of the pages in your Information box you still get the error message - and they have nothing to do with this contribution.

Please don't repost a problem with PDF Catalogue until you have sorted the rest of your site out.

Vger

The site is sorted, I've put my original html file back and now have the

Got your last message, now the site is 100%, and it all loads as you asked.

Now I have the 

htdocs/GForce/shoppingbeta/pdf_catalogue_info.php on line 99
Downloadable catalogue (0.00 Mb)

error.

Will the lack of an auto thumbnailer cause the catalog to look screwy?

And now I'm back to the same errors that I first posted about the GD library scripts........Warning: getimagesize

Edited by kittmaster

Hello, I love this contrib...

I'm having two minor issues with this contribution:

1. the same issue as previously mentioned in regard to transparent gifs showing thumbnailed with black backgrounds. I did change all pixel_black.gif mentions in html_output.php to pixel_trans.gif with no impact. All images are larger than the small image height/width set in the admin as well.

2. There are two recurring misc. characters that appear in the pdf: """ and "&" and "?"

Any thoughts? thanks!

Scott

• 1 month later...
Hello, I love this contrib...

I'm having two minor issues with this contribution:

1. the same issue as previously mentioned in regard to transparent gifs showing thumbnailed with black backgrounds. I did change all pixel_black.gif mentions in html_output.php to pixel_trans.gif with no impact. All images are larger than the small image height/width set in the admin as well.

2. There are two recurring misc. characters that appear in the pdf: """ and "&" and "?"

Any thoughts? thanks!

Scott

Hello,

I am in process of install this contribution and I read the "Read Me First". But I can't find the instruction test mensioned in this paragraph:

Installing The Thumbnail Contribution

This is very simple to install. If your site has not modified the catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php file then do the following - rename that file

and then replace it with the file included with this package. If you have modified that file then follow the instructions in the text file also

enclosed in the 'functions' folder.

Since the catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php was modified when installed the image Stretch Fix contribution. Therefore I need to modify it by following the text instructions.

I can't find the text instructions in the upzipped funtions folder.

Where is it?

thanks

Spencer

Hello,

I am in process of install this contribution and I read the "Read Me First". But I can't find the instruction test mensioned in this paragraph:

Installing The Thumbnail Contribution

This is very simple to install. If your site has not modified the catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php file then do the following - rename that file

and then replace it with the file included with this package. If you have modified that file then follow the instructions in the text file also

enclosed in the 'functions' folder.

Since the catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php was modified when installed the image Stretch Fix contribution. Therefore I need to modify it by following the text instructions.

I can't find the text instructions in the upzipped funtions folder.

Where is it?

thanks

Spencer

If you are using the one that I updated using GD library, you don't need to modify the html_output.php file at all. I forgot to delete that part of the instructions.

thanks!

Scott

If you are using the one that I updated using GD library, you don't need to modify the html_output.php file at all. I forgot to delete that part of the instructions.

thanks!

Scott

Thanks, Scott.

But How can be sure I am using the GD library?

thanks

Spencer

Thanks, Scott.

But How can be sure I am using the GD library?

thanks

Spencer

Hi, Scott;

I found the GD was enabled.

One more q. Do you know the thumbnail will or will not be streched?

thanks

Spencer

Scott will have to answer all questions on his update to Thumbnail PDF Catalogue. The original was set to work with auto-thumbnailer for a good reason - it saves having to regenerate thumbnails every time they are used - thus saving on bandwidth.

Vger

Hi, Scott;

I found the GD was enabled.

One more q. Do you know the thumbnail will or will not be streched?

thanks

Spencer

Hi, Scott:

While install the Thumbnail PDF catalog, I encontered this:

How to update the html_output.php?

To make the site's images un-stretched, I installed the Stretch Fix

contribution. This contribution updates the orginal html_output.php and this

updated file is the current copy of the html_output.php in server.

I use the "compare and merge" tool to compare the current html_output and

your version of the html_output.php. There are some differences between and

I am not sure of how to merge them.

Can you look into them and advise me how to change them to retain both

objectives?

two files are ready for your review. Where can I send them to?

html_output_backup.php --> the copy with Stretch Fix contribution

html_output.php --> your contribution copy.

Thanks in advance.

Spencer

Hi, Scott:

While install the Thumbnail PDF catalog, I encontered this:

How to update the html_output.php?

To make the site's images un-stretched, I installed the Stretch Fix

contribution. This contribution updates the orginal html_output.php and this

updated file is the current copy of the html_output.php in server.

I use the "compare and merge" tool to compare the current html_output and

your version of the html_output.php. There are some differences between and

I am not sure of how to merge them.

Can you look into them and advise me how to change them to retain both

objectives?

two files are ready for your review. Where can I send them to?

html_output_backup.php --> the copy with Stretch Fix contribution

html_output.php --> your contribution copy.

Thanks in advance.

Spencer

Hello Spencer - you can always pm me. I also have my email listed if you click my user name and find out my personal info. Quickly, no I don't think there are any stretching issues that I am aware of by combining the "OTF thumbnailing with GD Library." Also, as Vger said, I use this contrib without regard to bandwidth, though I believe this was addressed by the most recent update to OTF thumbnailing. I use it because I view the advantage of using multiple image file types - ie GIF - without the annoying black background as worth it over the previous contrib updates. I appreciate Vger's contrib and just desire to see it get better.

Thanks!

Scott

I have just installed this contrib today but have not been able to generate the catalog pdf file.

Can I ask for some help to clarify a few things....

• There are no longer problems with picture file sizes?
  • Do I have to go in to each item on my site to get the thumbnails to cache or will just the catagories be ok?

So far I can see the links in my admin but when I click generate pdf it goes to my catalog page (as if the file was not there and got redirected - as per instuctions set by me on the server)

TIA

Diaz

Also, at which point should I be able to see any files in the catalog/images/imagecache/ folder?

:blink:

I cant wait to get this and the wolfen set contribs running as I am sure these will both help me market my items much better then I can at this time.

TIA

Diaz