• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thumbnail PDF Catalogue

Vger

I have installed the last contrubution and I have this error:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 509 is not allowed to access path/catalog/images/imagecache/Cappel.jpg owned by uid 48 in

path/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1475

Warning: getimagesize: Unable to open

/catalog/images/imagecache/Cappel.jpg' for reading. in /catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1475

Missing or incorrect image file:

catalog/images/imagecache/Cappel.jpgFPDF error: Not a JPEG file:

catalog/images/no_picture.jpg

I have try to generate the pdf file without image and is all right, but i Try to generate it with the images this is the error

Some one could help me?

Thanks

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I tried to install your contrib. I think it looks very good so far. Everything worked... not so smoothly as I'd wished but following the previous instructions in this forum about images and permissions I got everything fixed, except a warning message in the header of admin section...

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/site/public_html/cat/admin/includes/filenames.php:58) in /home/site/public_html/cat/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

These are the three lines (66, 67 and 68) of my sessions.php file:

function tep_session_start() {

return session_start();

}

Is there a way I can fix this error warning message?

TIA!

'headers already sent' means that there is whitespace (blank lines or spaces) before the opening or after the closing php tag in the file in question. This is the first file mentioned in the error (admin/includes/filenames.php) and not the second.

Vger

'headers already sent' means that there is whitespace (blank lines or spaces) before the opening or after the closing php tag in the file in question. This is the first file mentioned in the error (admin/includes/filenames.php) and not the second.

Vger

I had already tried that but the warning message didn't dissapear... :(

Download the file via FTP, and edit in a good plain text editor like Text Pad or Crimson Editor (both free downloads). Then FTP back to your website. Don't use the osCommerce File Manager to edit files, don't use Word or Wordpad (they're not plain text editors), don't use FrontPage etc.

Vger

I had already tried that but the warning message didn't dissapear... :(

Sorry... it's fixed now!!!

I didn't realise that it changed the name of the file the warning was the same only it changed the filenames.php for the general.php file... and yes it was the blank spaces as you well said Vger, so I also delete it the space in the last line and it finally dissapeared.

Thank you very much for your help!

:thumbsup:

Hi

I'm french, sorry for my bad english

I have a problem with 2.0.1 contrib

My catalog contains Gif image with transparancy

The integrated thumbailer replace transparancy by black background

I need a white backgroud or no background

Do tou have any ideas ?

It only does that when the image is smaller than the Small Image Width or Height defined in your osCommerce admin control panel, under Configuration --> Images

As long as the image is larger than the Small Image Width and/or Height then you will see no black background.

Vger

Thank you for your answer Vger

I try your tips with pixel_black.gif but the thumbail still generated with black background

Maybe pdf_gif.php contains the problem, while the thumbail generation

I you have an another tips, i take it !

PS : Thanks for your contrib Fixed Width Site With CSS

that's works fine

I have over 1000 items. Is there an automatic way to display the images one time, so I don't have to manually go to each page of my site to create the thumbnails?

What do you suggest would be faster viewing them through admin or some other way?

Just learning OSC, but loving it so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

I have installed this contribution as per the Read Me First file, but am having a slight problem.

When I select Generate Catalog(s) in Admin -> Tools and click on the Save button, I get the following error message:

Warning: setfont(catalog/admin/font/helveticab.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bobnanne/public_html/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 556 Warning: setfont(catalog/admin/font/helveticab.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bobnanne/public_html/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 556 Warning: setfont(): Failed opening 'catalog/admin/font/helveticab.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/bobnanne/public_html/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 556 FPDF error: Could not include font metric file.

The limit of my php knowledge is that I have made sure that helveticab.php is in the right place.

The coding of the file, from line 545, is

//Check if one of the standard fonts
if(isset($this->CoreFonts[$fontkey]))
	{
		if(!isset($fpdf_charwidths[$fontkey]))
		{
			//Load metric file
			$file=$family;
			if($family=='times' or $family=='helvetica')
				$file.=strtolower($style);
			$file.='.php';
			if(defined('FPDF_FONTPATH'))
				$file=FPDF_FONTPATH.$file;
			include($file);
				$this->Error('Could not include font metric file');
		}
		$i=count($this->fonts)+1;
		$this->fonts[$fontkey]=array('i'=>$i,'type'=>'core','name'=>$this->CoreFonts[$fontkey],'up'=>-100,'ut'=>50,'cw'=>$fpdf_charwidths[$fontkey]);
	}
	else
		$this->Error('Undefined font: '.$family.' '.$style);
}

Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do to resolve this.

Many thanks.

Bob.

This might be beyond the scope of this contribution but...

Any idea how the PDF converter handles HTML tags within the Products Description field? My product descriptions rely heavily on HTML tables to organize the info. Just looking through some PDF documentation and I see that their table tags are a bit different from HTML.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Make sure that you loaded up the 'font' folder and that it has permissions of 755 or 777.

Vger

Hi there.

I have installed this contribution as per the Read Me First file, but am having a slight problem.

When I select Generate Catalog(s) in Admin -> Tools and click on the Save button, I get the following error message:

Warning: setfont(catalog/admin/font/helveticab.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bobnanne/public_html/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 556 Warning: setfont(catalog/admin/font/helveticab.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bobnanne/public_html/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 556 Warning: setfont(): Failed opening 'catalog/admin/font/helveticab.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/bobnanne/public_html/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 556 FPDF error: Could not include font metric file.

The limit of my php knowledge is that I have made sure that helveticab.php is in the right place.

The coding of the file, from line 545, is

//Check if one of the standard fonts
if(isset($this->CoreFonts[$fontkey]))
	{
		{
			//Load metric file
			$file=$family;
			if($family=='times' or $family=='helvetica')
				$file.=strtolower($style);
			$file.='.php';
			if(defined('FPDF_FONTPATH'))
			include($file);
		}
		$i=count($this->fonts)+1;
		$this->fonts[$fontkey]=array('i'=>$i,'type'=>'core','name'=>$this->CoreFonts[$fontkey],'up'=>-100,'ut'=>50,'cw'=>$fpdf_charwidths[$fontkey]);
	}
	else
		$this->Error('Undefined font: '.$family.' '.$style);
}

Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do to resolve this.

Many thanks.

Bob.

Edited by Vger

Make sure that you loaded up the 'font' folder and that it has permissions of 755 or 777.

Vger

Vger

I have tried with permissions set to 755 and 777, but it makes no difference.

I am just guessing at what the problem might be, but as the problem line is

I have checked that FPDF_FONTPATH is defined; it occurs in pdf_catalogue.php and pdf_config.php as define('FPDF_FONTPATH','font/'); . The font files are located in catalog/admin/font.

My only other thought is that the error message Could not include font metric file appears becasue of lines 557 & 558:

However, I don't know how the $fpdf_charwidths[$fontkey] is set, so I can't see what happens if I change how it is set.

Does this make sense? If so, would it make a difference.

Many thanks.

Bob.

This contribution should work straight out of the box, provided that your server has the proper GD Libraries etc. installed.

I can't offer any more support at the moment - only just out of hospital.

Vger

This contribution should work straight out of the box, provided that your server has the proper GD Libraries etc. installed.

I can't offer any more support at the moment - only just out of hospital.

Vger

I think that I'll reinstall it from scratch and see whether I get it to work that way.

Get well soon.

Bob.

thanks for a GREAT contribution - I have the same problem as 1Putts in that rely on HTML descriptions - which so far the PDF maker contorts into all sorts of unpleasant lines that you wouldn't want to display to a customer.

Anybody find a fix?

I was wondering if some one could help me make some changes the the catalogs layout. Id like to change how it looks and how the catalog looks. Also Id like to put the table of contents at the begining of the catalog. And some other niceties.