osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thumbnail PDF Catalogue

Vger

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Vger - I'm very anxious to try this contrib out - I do, true to form, have my obligatory dumb question:

I can't figure out where to upload the pdf_catalogue_info.php file - the files in the folders are clear for me but that one is not in any folder and I'm not sure where it goest - -

thanks again

Thank you yet once more - - but I'm blushin' now!!!!

Followed all the instructions, read through this whole thread and still there is no PDF in my admin [refering to the previous post where the screenshot shows it under tools] - - made sure the files are all on the server, but nothing - - am I totally hopeless??? I don't usually require this much actually, but for some reason I'm missing something [prob simple!]

Thanks if you have any thoughts for me.

Yup, you're right - I went over it all again and indeed missed 2 insertions - sorry!

So got it all installed and shows up in admin, new folders are set to 777 but get PDF Introduction "Error ERROR_FILE_NOT_WRITEABLE" when using PDF Infoductioin - don't know what change to make - can ya set me straight on this?

Also, this is on an install for testing contribs, my final site is using the Extra Pages contrib [http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137141] - will this work within it??

Thanks again - hope this will work for me, it is very impressive

I did try to install in another instance of OSC and still getting the same error message that file is not writeable - my two new folders [catalogues - in catalog folder] and [imageache = in catalog/images folder] are bot set to 777 - - do you have any suggestions as to what I might try?

Thank you very much

The imagecache folder is inside the main images folder, so I would check the permissions on the main images folder, to see if that is either 755 or 777. Setting an individual file to 777 will probably get you a 500 - Internal Server Error, as 777 on a file is a security risk.

Files should only be 644

Vger

Thank you both for responding - the catalog\includes\languages\english\pdf_catalogue_info.php was 644, changed to 744 and also 777 to try but to no avail; changed back to 644

main image folder was 777 as the imagecache folder; I was hopeful that would do the trick but . . .

Any other ideas? I appreciate the help, hope this can be resolved as it's exactly what I need!

Thanks again for the assistance.

I don't know why you are getting that error message, because that file (pdf_intro) does not need to be writeable, only readable.

It is either setup incorrectly, or else there is some other contribution interfering with it.

Vger

Thank you so much for your responses - I greatly appreciate it!

Will this info help at all:

when clicking on "generate catalog(s)" within admin tools, get this:

FPDF error: GIF parser: unable to open file /home/xxxxx/xxxxx/osCommerce1/catalog/images/imagecache/mg200mms.gif

Have you been through all of the pages on your website to show all of the images? It's down in the instruction file that you have to generate the images onscreen once in order for the thumbnails to be created.

Vger

Have you been through all of the pages on your website to show all of the images?  It's down in the instruction file that you have to generate the images onscreen once in order for the thumbnails to be created.

Vger

Yes, they have been - but there are only 3 pics in the imagecache directory

I did check the size in the config and it's good

show image is true

made sure no products without image

one thing I'm not clear on is image format - gif okay? using an install of stock OSC and the images are gif

I note that the images in the imagecache folder are only ones from the image folder, not in any of the subfolders in images - ie, images/hewlett_packard and so on

still get the same FPDF error: GIF parser: unable to open file /home/xxxxxx/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/images/imagecache/mg200mms.gif when attempting to use "generate catalog" -- this is the name of the file in images/matrox folder - it is the stock pic for one of the filler items,

also still getting, ERROR_FILE_NOT_WRITEABLE when using PDF introduction

thank you yet again for attempting to assist me - hope this will get working for me - if not will have to find something else, but this sounds like the best available for my needs

thanks

BuddahBoy, not tryting to step on Vger as he knows this beter than I, but your having issues I had, do you use standard osC? or BTS, CRE ect?

I fixed the file not writeable with pemiissions changes, I chnaged to 777 then back to 644 and all worked, that is for the Intro only if you use it, if you don't no big deal. As far as the pictures, that was a headache for me, I need to set the SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH and SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT in teh admin to smaller than any of my pics, I resized some pics to deal with this and make everyting look good, I also commented out the "$not_supported_formats = array ("GIF"); // Write in capital Letters" in html_output.php to get my gif images working, at least with the GD lib I have it works. I am going to change all mine to jog soon. This was a pain but all my images then started going into the imagecache directory.

Hope this helps a bit..

The final result was really nice, great work Vger, thank you.

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

You're not stepping on my toes at all. Glad of any input/help/advice, as it eases the load on me.

It's already written in the 'Read Me First' file that the images you use must be larger than the small image width and/or height. With regard to the not_supported_formats = array ("GIF"); I thought I had already amended this to not_supported_formats = array (""); in the latest release (v2.0), but I'll go back and check that out - as GIFs are supported now.

Vger

I am pleased to report SUCCESS with my problems thanks to your responses - thank you thank you.

So this will be available to others I'll recount up to this point:

1. As poorman suggested, changed permissions to catalog\includes\languages\english\pdf_catalogue_info.php from 644 to 777; this did not work so I also changed permissions to the catalog\includes\languages\english\pdf_define_intro.php file and that remedied the problem. I did return the permissions to 644 afterwards, as poorman suggested, but the error returned so I just left it.

2. Changed the settings of the images in config to 5 pixels smaller each [width and length]

2. Next, I commented out "$not_supported_formats = array ("GIF");" in the catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php and was able to compile a cataloge

If you are reading this as result of having problems, rest assured that if I got this done with the help of these folks YOU CAN TOO!!!

Next thing I have to is figure out the configuration of the catalog itself as I'm getting one product per page instead of full pages [it may be that way, don't know yet] - any links to sites that use this contrib so I can see the possibilities??

Greatly appreciate you two helping me out - hope to be able and pay back sometime.

It's already written in the 'Read Me First' file that the images you use must be larger than the small image width and/or height. 

Your so right, if I read that better it would have saved me a few hours :)

BuddahBoy, glad you have it going, I did not have the problem of one item per page, is it possible you have one item per category? as that is how they list, or do you have really long descriptions?

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

That's the thing, I'm using very limited items so they are coming out per cat like you suggest and that is the problem, just not familiar with this enough yet - I'm still using this on the stock OSC install so there's only a few items - will be installing it on the site tomorrow - will let ya know how it goes.

Vger suggested that it is on the "read me first" and she is, of course, right - I just didn't understand it as I've been spending too many hours at a time working [LOL!!] and also didn't read it carefully enough.

This is an awesome contrib and will solve us some problems that we weren't sure we could overcome - I'm very pleased at this point!

Great job Vger - and thanks poorman for your help too.

I'm off to see that my eBay auctions post okay and some poker to relax this fine Saturday night - - thanks again

First, thank you for this great contribution. I have downloaded latest version 2.0_1. Everything went fine, but when I try to Generate Catalog in admin, I get this error:

Missing or incorrect image file: /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/DIR_WS_CACHEimage-name.jpgFPDF error: Not a JPEG file: /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/images/no_picture.jpg

I have found the similar problem with earlier versions, but remedy doesn't apply to this one. I have triple checked files, instructions and permissions, all I can see is that the image-name.jpg is being created in imagecache with CHMOD 644 instead of 666. I have even tried to change no_picture.jpg but it didn't work. I had Thumbnail contribution installed before. Creating PDF catalog with no images works fine.

Could anybody help me please? I'm stuck at the moment.

BTW, I think that adobe_pdf.gif and getacro.gif are missing in images directory of the download.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

DIR_WS_CACHEimage-name.jpg

If you look at the above you will see that there is a slash missing on the end of the pathway to image_cache. Check in your includes/configure.php files to make sure that you have added image_cache as below:

define('DIR_WS_CACHE', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'imagecache/');

Vger

Edited by Vger

If you look at the above you will see that there is a slash missing on the end of the pathway to image_cache.  Check in your includes/configure.php files to make sure that you have added image_cache as below:

define('DIR_WS_CACHE', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'imagecache/');

Thank you for your lightning-speed reply! It all works fine now! :thumbsup:

This is what I was having in admin/configure.php from the previous install of Thumbnail contribution: define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGECACHE', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/imagecache/');

Thanks again!

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

This is covered in the Read Me First file. If you are only using one language for your site then remove the other two languages automatically installed via your osCommerce admin control panel. The programme will attempt to generate one catalogue for each language, so you can cut down the generation time by up to two thirds by removing any unwanted languages.

If that still does not work then you can increase the php max execution time if you have access to a local php.ini file, or via a .htaccess file in the root of your domain e.g.

php_value max_execution_time 90

(or whatever you want to set it to, but I'd recommend 90 as max)

If all else fails you can add this to admin/pdf_catalogue.php

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($languages); $i++)
? ? ? {
? ? ? ? ? set_time_limit(0);
? ? ? ? ? $pdf=new PDF();
}

This last fix supplied by Johnson.

Vger

Edited by Vger