• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN - Stock subtracted twice

riley1917

Have a strange problem here. When a customer is adding to his cart and then checking out (and being sent to the PayPal side, 1 unit is subtracted. This is correct. However, when the customer completes his purchase, ANOTHER unit is subtracted.

Any thoughts on why this is happening, and/or where I can fix this?

Thanks!

Have a strange problem here. When a customer is adding to his cart and then checking out (and being sent to the PayPal side, 1 unit is subtracted. This is correct. However, when the customer completes his purchase, ANOTHER unit is subtracted.

Any thoughts on why this is happening, and/or where I can fix this?

Thanks!

What is your return URL to the shop from Paypal ? It might be something related to that if you use checkout_process.php instead of checkout_success.php.

It goes to checkout_success.php. Maybe it's something in there?

That is very unlikely otherwise everyone would have this problem and it doesn't happen for me and probably most of the others who use Paypal.

Has it been an incident or does it happen all the time when someone pays through Paypal ? You have the same problem when someone chooses another method of payment ? I don't know if you use the osC stock Paypal module or one of the IPN's contribs but in the last case you might have misplaced some code ?

Have you installed some other contribs which could affect this part of the ordering process ? Do you experience other weird behaviour like having oscSid's behind your URL's or something ?

Many questions, no answers (yet) but hopefully whe can find the bugger afterall.

That is very unlikely otherwise everyone would have this problem and it doesn't happen for me and probably most of the others who use Paypal.

Has it been an incident or does it happen all the time when someone pays through Paypal ? You have the same problem when someone chooses another method of payment ? I don't know if you use the osC stock Paypal module or one of the IPN's contribs but in the last case you might have misplaced some code ?

Have you installed some other contribs which could affect this part of the ordering process ? Do you experience other weird behaviour like having oscSid's behind your URL's or something ?

Many questions, no answers (yet) but hopefully whe can find the bugger afterall.

I used a contrib IPN. When I use the standard one, nothing is subtracted at all.

Now, I also have QT Pro installed, and when I use QT Pro and have Products Attributes used (Sizes, etc.), the correct number(s) are subtracted. Only when this is not used is something fouling up. And yes, only through PayPal.