• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with editing existing product

Joey - This is a wondeful contribution. but a few problems have developed.

I installed v5.1 on June 6th on www.made-in-nz.com - everything seemed to be OK - able to create attributes for size, colour etc as I wanted.

Since this I have installed one other contribution - Visitor Web Stats - I can't see how this would conflict.

I have just gone back to the site to do some editing of product through Categories/Products section. When I go to edit any product I get this message

1146 - Table 'madeinnz.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS' doesn't exist

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]

Also this has marked by the ***** has arrived in the Menu of the Admin Catalog area - quite strange - didn't seem to be there before!!

Categories/Products

Products Attributes

*****BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS

Manufacturers

Reviews

Specials

Products Expected

Can you give me a starting point to debug this. Its quite critical because I cannot edit the catalog at present.

Thanks in anticipation. CraigB

Joey - This is a wondeful contribution. but a few problems have developed.

I installed v5.1 on June 6th on www.made-in-nz.com - everything seemed to be OK - able to create attributes for size, colour etc as I wanted.

Since this I have installed one other contribution - Visitor Web Stats - I can't see how this would conflict.

I have just gone back to the site to do some editing of product through Categories/Products section. When I go to edit any product I get this message

1146 - Table 'madeinnz.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS' doesn't exist

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]

Also this has marked by the ***** has arrived in the Menu of the Admin Catalog area - quite strange - didn't seem to be there before!!

Categories/Products

Products Attributes

*****BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS

Manufacturers

Reviews

Specials

Products Expected

Can you give me a starting point to debug this. Its quite critical because I cannot edit the catalog at present.

Thanks in anticipation. CraigB

Sounds like you forgot some steps installing:

make sure all your defines are right. From the install file:

In /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

Add this line:

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SET', 'Attribute Sets:');

In /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

Add this line:

define('TABLE_HEADING_OPT_SORT_ORDER', 'Sort Order');

In /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

Add these lines:

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS', 'products_attributes_sets.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_EDIT', 'products_attributes_sets_edit.php');

In /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

Find this line:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

Add a second line under it, should look like this when done:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS . '</a><br>' .

In /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

Find this line:

define('BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'Products Attributes');

Add a second line under it, should look like this when done:

define('BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'Products Attributes');

define('BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS', 'Attributes Sets');

Hope this helps.

LinuxDave

Sounds like you forgot some steps installing:

make sure all your defines are right. From the install file:

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help - I seem to have got it going again.

First I tried your fix and this solved the problem in the menu area but the error message continued.

Then I decided to do an upgrade to 5.5 and altered all the files... still the problem occurred - same message.

I had the same error when I clicked on the Image icon for AS as well

I went back and started lookking through all the files I modified and found that in the database_tables.php I had not defined the Table_Products_attributes_sets and Table_Products_attributes_sets_to_products had a typo.

Changed those and all is working.

So the error message was generated because that table had not been defined - seems obvious enough now!!

What I do notice is that when I shift the pointer over the AS icon I get this

IMAGE_ICON_ATTRIBUTES_SETS - should this not have a short description - have I missed andother define statement here.

Thanks for your help