• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

what is the credit card payment module for?

NerioDavid

The oscommerce has the credit card payment module in the admin by default. I just want to ask that is it means oscommerce already have a common html form in the check out stage if I install the credit card module?

If I apply for a merchant account or gateway account, I will need add the html code which provided by the 3rd gateway into somewhere in the creidt card module, will I?

Sorry, I am a new man about this.

The oscommerce has the credit card payment module in the admin by default. I just want to ask that is it means oscommerce already have a common html form in the check out stage if I install the credit card module?

If I apply for a merchant account or gateway account, I will need add the html code which provided by the 3rd gateway into somewhere in the creidt card module, will I?

Sorry, I am a new man about this.

The oscommerce credit card module just collects the cc data, and are mostly used by people who do their cc processing offline....

There are plenty of other payment modules for most of the common payment gatways in the contribution section.

So... The module just collects the credit card number and displays it in the invoicing section of the admin tool? Is this safe? We then take the number, write it down somewhere and dial it in using our regular credit card machine physically at the store.

Is there a test CC# we can use to test this? I use fake ones but somehow it knows that it's an invalid credit card number. How does it know this?

thanks

So... The module just collects the credit card number and displays it in the invoicing section of the admin tool? Is this safe? We then take the number, write it down somewhere and dial it in using our regular credit card machine physically at the store.

Is there a test CC# we can use to test this? I use fake ones but somehow it knows that it's an invalid credit card number. How does it know this?

thanks

It does not really check to see if its a real card......

It just checks the numbers according to preset rules on number of digits and number series assigned to the different card types....

hmmm. so whats a good test (fake) credit number to use to watch how this works?

Then when we are collecting these numbers for real, is it advisable to delete these orders to get them off the server?

thanks

Install a cvc / cvc2 contrib and a card number washer.....

To get the cvc/cvc2 number and to delete the middle diggits and the cvc when the order is processed...

But why not get a online merchant account and payment gateway which will not run you much over 30 USD a month, and the order is accepted or declined on the spot.....

Edited by toyicebear

Install a cvc / cvc2 contrib and a card number washer.....

To get the cvc/cvc2 number and to delete the middle diggits and the cvc when the order is processed...

But why not get a online merchant account and payment gateway which will not run you much over 30 USD a month, and the order is accepted or declined on the spot.....

Which service would people suggest?