• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags Controller Problem

dezil

Im having serious problems with the header tags controller contirbution, i have been working on my page layout for product_info just moving bits around and now all of a sudden the header tags have stopped working.

I have checked the obvious and the main block of code is still present.

<?php
// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.4.7
// Replaced by header_tags.php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.4.7
?>

I have also checked to see if the if else statement is not working etc but to no avail.

All my page says is osCommerce:: and i dont know why!

If anyone can suggest what has happened id really appreciate it.

thanks

The above change is the only one made to the product_info.php file so if you are having problems with it not displaying correctly, it is probably in one of the header tags files. Check to make sure you still have the code for product_info in both of those files (inlcudes/ and english/).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have checked my files and i dont know what is going on, now nothing displays as the title tag!

In the admin section it all seems to work fine and make sense so i dont see why things are such a state in the catalog. Ive gone back through the install notes and all seems to be in place, what could be causing the header tags not to load? and the old titles not to load?

I have just spent 2 hours taking the code apart to no avail yet, i even got rid of the top lines for the title in index and replaced them with the original

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

But i still get no page titles!!!!

Please can someone give me a clue as to why this doesnt work. I have got oscommerce with sts, header tags, seo urls, and a lot more little contributions that shouldnt affect it.

Im going out of my mind, i cant get this fixed!

No title displays at all.

I have replaced the code at the top of the index and conditions pages jsut to make sure and no title is displayed. It appears no title is being sent at all as when i checked on IE it displayed the file name as the title.

I have also checked and replaced the various files in functions, includes, languages etc and am completly stuck.

Do you think this could be a problem maybe in the database?

My only other option is to manually reinstall all the bits of all the files and databases. But i have products with meta tags etc already, its a big headache!

I really appreciate you helping me out.

C

Yeh sorry thats what my reply meant, even if i hard code it it doesnt appear.

Im running STS so i assume that when it captures the page somehow whatever title is meant to be displayed is being replaced by a blank one, but i dont know why or how this is?

If you display some other web site, does the title display? Try changing the mode of sts to not use the template. What happens then?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you display some other web site, does the title display? Try changing the mode of sts to not use the template. What happens then?

With sts turned off i get the original title displayed, so im guessing i must have a problem in STS but i havent worked on that file in ages. Im going to check all my sts files see if i can figure it out.

If you have any suggestions id appreciate it.

Ta

Magic its fixed!!!!

For some reason the following lines of code were the problem

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
 // Replaced by header_tags.php
 if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
   require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');
   require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
//require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');
   //require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
echo "<title>" . TITLE . "</title>";
 } else {
   echo "<title>" . TITLE . "</title>";
 }
 // EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

I uncommented the

Just trying to fix things as i had narrowed it down to that block of code, and it worked. Im not sure why as surely it was included in the require_once line but anyway, thanks for all the help and suggestions.

C