• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flash image in a box

rommany

Hello All

I would love to add a box on the left/right that looks like all the other boxes with my images of the products i have, that will change every few seconds, is this possible to do ??

Many thanks

Hello All

I would love to add a box on the left/right that looks like all the other boxes with my images of the products i have,  that will change every few seconds, is this possible to do ??

Many thanks

yes, I have something similar but with images of my store.

all you need to do is add the flash code to the text section of a standard contentbox.

Treasurer MFC

Hi Amanda

the way you say it, it sounds easy but not for me as i would have no idea were to start, and im sure i would mess it up anyway.

If you dont mind could you break this down for me so a dummy like me would understand what to do.

Many thanks

Hi Amanda

the way you say it, it sounds easy but not for me as i would have no idea were to start, and im sure i would mess it up anyway.

If you dont mind could you break this down for me so a dummy like me would understand what to do.

Many thanks

well, as my example, this creates a box (without header) with flash in it.

<?php

echo '<tr><td>';

$info_box_contents = array();

$gallery = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_OUR_LOCATION,'','Our Location') . '">' . 'Crystal Light Centrum' . '</a><br><object width="100" height="133"> <param name="movie" value="gallery.swf"> <embed src="includes/gallery.swf" width="100" height="133"></embed></object>';

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => ' class="vsmalltext" ',

'text' => $gallery);

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

echo '</td></tr>';

?>

Treasurer MFC

Thanks amanda

Last question i hope,

Would i have to create a new php page in catalog/includes/boxes then add the code that you have given me, then add in filename.php define FILENAME_OUR_LOCATION ? if that right i can do that with no problem.

Again thank you for helping me. :D

Thanks amanda

Last question i hope,

Would i have to create a new php page in catalog/includes/boxes then add the code that you have given me, then add in filename.php define FILENAME_OUR_LOCATION ?  if that right i can do that with no problem.

Again thank you for helping me.  :D

FILENAME_OUR_LOCATION was just a link I put above the flash.

you create a file in catalog/includes/boxes like my_flash_box.php

you put in that file:

<?php

echo '<tr><td>';

$info_box_contents = array();

$my_flash = '<object width="100" height="133"> <param name="movie" value="my_flash.swf"> <embed src="includes/my_flash.swf" width="100" height="133"></embed></object>';

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',

'text' => $my_flash);

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

echo '</td></tr>';

?>

make sure you change the my_flash.swf filename and width and height to your values ofcourse.

then in column_left.php or column_right.php you add :

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'my_flash_box.php');

voila

Treasurer MFC