• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Comments on New Fashion Boutique

I am just about finished with a total redesign of our website.

My Online Fashion Boutique

Please take a look and give me your comments and especially suggestions for improvement.

Is it too slow? Colors okay? etc etc

Thank you in advance, and special thank you to the osCommerce Team for this outstanding package. Keep it up guys! It keeps getting better!

Best,

Dave

I just realized that my problem is too many slices in my template. The images are all small but it is taking forever because there are so many tables.

Am fixing that now....

Slightly slow loading time, would be much improved by adding a thumbnail contribution.....

Still some osc stock cartoons around , forinstance in the shopping cart....

A back button in the product info would be a usefull edition.....

Designvise very,very,very nice....... B)

much quicker loaded in around 5 seconds but you still need to do what jud said and add that thumbnail contribution, it takes 5 mins to add but will speed you site up 100 times.

other than that ive taken a good look around and can not fault the site, nice colours and images and the product is cool too.

the only other thing you need to do know is work on you meta tags, best thing to do is add the header tag contribution..

submitexpress.com

the tool above will show you that what i have listed below.

Meta tags report for: http://www.bythevineyard.com/

meta tag length value

Title: 101 Designer Fashions - Babini Kuki - License Plate Purses - Vanity4Sanity - Knit Wool Celebrity Fashions

Meta tags analysis.

Title: This tag contains too many characters.

This tag contains 101 characters. This is too many for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' web page. The maximum number of characters we recommend for this tag is 80.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Found no description meta tag.

The description meta tag is used by most of the search engines. Consider to add a description meta tag.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Found no keywords meta tag.

The keyword meta tag is still used by many search engines. Consider to add a keyword meta tag.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.

This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: Found no author meta tag.

This tag is not really required but helps for your (company) name recognizing.

So sort them two things out above and you will be in business..

Regards

PS

you should add the www. bit to your site and also add a SSL then people will feel better about giving out private details.

The only thing you can say is that your front page might be slow for some people, another option for you might be to do it in flash, and stream in bits of the pictures over a few seconds, other than that its cool..

Made a few adjustments. Created my own thumbnail folder, but only for the category images....

My shoppers need crisp clear images. When you are shopping in this price range, you want to see the details.

I still have some photography to do to finish up a couple of the sections, but that is coming along okay....

Added some meta-tags...

Any other comments/suggestions??

SSL has always been installed - not sure why someone didn't see it...

And what about about the 'www' bit??

Thanks,

Dave

Archived