• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Errors

jhudson08

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to help with these errors I am recieving when I try to upload an EP file using Easy Populate:

Here are the errors

Filename: test898_tabdelimited.txt

Warning: file(/kunden/homepages/16/d100301682/htdocs/catalog//catalog/temp/test898_tabdelimited.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/16/d100301682/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 684

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/16/d100301682/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

I'm sure it's a very simple fix but I'm a novice at OSCommerce...

Thanks in advance.

You have a double slash here: /catalog//catalog/ I'm sure there should only be one catalog also :P

Look at your easypopulate file and set the correct path :D

Matti

You have a double slash here:  /catalog//catalog/  I'm sure there should only be one catalog also  :P

Look at your easypopulate file and set the correct path  :D

Matti

Hi Johnson,

I guess that directory reference is what I'm having trouble with. Where in the code would I replace that error?

Best I can figure is lines 21 and 22:

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

However, those directories look like they're listed correctly. It must be somewhere else in the code but I'm not sure where.

BTW- I'm looking in easypopulate.php...

Thanks

most likely your document root setting in the admin/includes/configure.php file needs to be changed to $DOCUMENT_ROOT and that should solve it

most likely your document root setting in the admin/includes/configure.php file needs to be changed to $DOCUMENT_ROOT and that should solve it

Hi Mibble,

On line 20 the code reads as:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

The other thing I was thinking is that i'm on a shared server through GoDaddy. Do I need to change the path to something like:

/kunden/homepages/16/d100301682/htdocs/catalog/

Thanks for your help.

Just got done dealing with this problem. Don't put $DOCUMENT_ROOT in there. It just changes the error. You can't use localhost either. I had to put /home/globeche/public_html before the /catalog to make it work. Now in your case, just like you said, you're right, it would be /kunden/homepages/16/d100301682/htdocs/catalog. It's the full server route to get to that catalog folder. That'll fix it.

Hi Mibble,

On line 20 the code reads as:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

The other thing I was thinking is that i'm on a shared server through GoDaddy. Do I need to change the path to something like:

/kunden/homepages/16/d100301682/htdocs/catalog/

Thanks for your help.

Just got done dealing with this problem.  Don't put $DOCUMENT_ROOT in there.  It just changes the error.  You can't use localhost either.  I had to put /home/globeche/public_html before the /catalog to make it work.  Now in your case, just like you said, you're right, it would be /kunden/homepages/16/d100301682/htdocs/catalog.  It's the full server route to get to that catalog folder.  That'll fix it.

OY- I know that has to be the right solution, but I just played around with that suggestion trying to get it implemeted correctly and got the following error.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /homepages/16/d100301682/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I have no idea what I did. I put everything back to the original and I'm still getting this error. I think I'm going to have to go back and start over.

Ugh.