• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Limiter

Jack_mcs

This is the support thread for Purchase Limiter.

This contribution is meant to help combat fraud by allowing you to place a limit on the purchase amount for the selected payment module if the order is for a new customer. The limit is removed for returning customers. The idea is that if the person is going to place an order for fraudulent purposes, he will probably not do it for low dollar amounts. Once the customer has placed an order, it is less likely that his next order would be fraudulent. This, of course, will not always hold true.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 years later...

At the moment this contribution can only be applied to one payment method. Can you please explain how to tweak this contirbution so that it can be appiled to multi payment options e.g. credit card, paypal etc...

It would require a change in the code to read in the various modules and check for each. I will take a look at it and post when I can (can't when that will be though).

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...
It would require a change in the code to read in the various modules and check for each. I will take a look at it and post when I can (can't when that will be though).

Jack

Hello Jack, there is a contribution named "Minimun or Maximum Amount to Enable CC Payments"

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3450 and it works for one payment module too, I was trying to install it in another module whithout success ¿any news with purchase limiter's update?

Regards,

Andres Ullmann from Argentina

• 3 months later...

From the readme file in the contribution

In admin->configuration->Purchase Limiter, change the module name

to the one you want to limit. This name must match the wording

as defined in include/languages/english/modules/payment for

this module.

So if you look at the cc module file, you will see this line
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card');

which shows the name to be Credit Card.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

OK - So that clears that up.

Is there an easy way to incorporate the Limiter into Fast Easy Checkout - Has someone done that yet?

Are you familiar with No Account? Apparently it will also combine the payment / shipping page. Do you think Limiter would work with that? (I also have PWA installed, so No Account my be an alternative to that as well)

Rick

Edited by RGStephens

The code it changes is a standard part of all shops, even with those contributions, so it could be made to work. Try following the directions but apply them to the checout_shipping page instead of the cheout_payment page. The code should still be there, unless they moved it to an external file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code it changes is a standard part of all shops, even with those contributions, so it could be made to work. Try following the directions but apply them to the checout_shipping page instead of the cheout_payment page. The code should still be there, unless they moved it to an external file.

Jack

Thanks for leading me in the right direction Jack. It turns out that with Fast Easy Checkout, the module that needs the Limiter code is in catalog/includes/fec/payment_box.php.

The fec Checkout Shipping module makes an include (Actually a PHP require) for the fec payment_box.php which almost exactly replaces the OSC version of the Checkout Payment module. The only piece that does not go into the fec payment_box.php module is the very first entry in your instruction sheet. That code still goes into the fec Shipping Checkout module.

Its working now and I hope this little dialog will help someone else in the future.

Thanks again for your help.

Rick