Sign in to follow this  
Insane

Help please ;) with whats new box...

Hi all,

I tried to find a scrolling Whats new box in contributions but couldn't so I tried to convert the scrolling specials box... Now I got 99% of it work but cant for the life of me work out why the product name & its link wont display.. The pic (it has the link working) and the price show up but yer the name has stumped me...

Could anyone please find it in their heart to have a look at the following code and tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks In Advance

Adam

/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$rp2_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_image, products_tax_class_id, products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_status = '1' order by products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW);
 if (tep_db_num_rows($rp2_query)) {
?>
<!-- specials //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
   $info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_WHATS_NEW));

while ($random_product = tep_db_fetch_array($rp2_query)) {
$rp2 .= '

<center>

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product["products_id"]) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>

<br>

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a>

<br>

<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id']));
$rp2 .= "</SPAN><BR /><BR />\n***********\n<BR /><BR />";
   }

$info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
                                'text' => '<MARQUEE behavior= "scroll" align= "center" direction= "up" height="160" scrollamount= "2" scrolldelay= "20" onmouseover=\'this.stop()\' onmouseout=\'this.start()\'>'.$rp2.'</span></MARQUEE>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- specials_eof //-->
<?php
 }
?>

Change the database query to:

$rp2_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' ?and pd.products_id = p.products_id order by products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW);

Matti

Edited by Johnson

Matti Ressler

We were all once expert at...... nothing

_____

Change the database query to:

$rp2_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' ?and pd.products_id = p.products_id order by products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW);

Matti

CHAMPION !!! Thanks so much, it was doing my head in...

Adam

could someone show me how to change this to a whats new infobox that scrolls sideways rather than up and down? I tried changing the direction from "up" to "left" and that works except for there re 10 rows of products shown in the box instead of one continual row.

Thank you very much. and Adam, maybe you should make this a contribution? I'm sure others would appreciate your work !